onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

8 minutes ago, Stockleys_socks said:

Agree but don't think we should be hanging people out to dry either if a mistake has been made. Pretty sure the club would not want to damage the player's reputation either if indeed he was to blame in some way.

I wouldn't say hang out to dry though either.

All I am saying is IF it's an internal mistake then there should be repercussions. Those repercussions don't have to be nuclear but should be proportionate. So, yeah if it's something minor that wouldn't warrant hanging out to dry - but the flipside of that is if it is something major then they should. 

But what I'm getting at is are there repercussions -  because if there aren't any then there's no incentive for the club to learn from mistakes and no way for underperforming staff to improve or to be replaced.

I don't think we'll ever know (or even should) because I would imagine anything would be inhouse and not public - but I would hope there are measures in place. 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

Take the point re the medical, look at Uche, failed one at Charlton yet evidently deemed fit enough for us to sign and play(until he got injured Saturday obviously) but due diligence on Williams really should have been done prior to that.  Lets be honest it doesn't take a genious to work out he had issues at Aberdeen and kept breaking down.  At the very least as Rob says needs an internal review into what went on, even if it's no ones fault individually, collectively it doesn't show the club in a good light especially the pressure we're yet again under to make signings so late in a transfer window!

yes the uche one was very strange for him to be fully fit playing in games but fail a medical. For all we know uche might have an underlying health condition and same here with williams. Vale fans seemingly very quick to jump on the negative band wagon. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, onestepatatime said:

Fay Uld Medical and Lim Palong are 2 more currently at Club.

With Bob and Hope - all 4 being interviewed and filmed for big reveal tonight.  Just hope none of them fall down the stairs or trip on a blade of grass when they go on to the pitch for their photo shoot.

8 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

So yes all season up until signing for us. The point stands, he didn’t play a single game and was out injured throughout. Surely that should trigger some alarm bells 

Oh I agree, but i think Liverpool are as much to blame, they must have a far superior medical team with all the latest scanning equipment etc. Yet he seems to have slipped under their radar too.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, robf said:

I wouldn't say hang out to dry though either.

All I am saying is IF it's an internal mistake then there should be repercussions. Those repercussions don't have to be nuclear but should be proportionate. So, yeah if it's something minor that wouldn't warrant hanging out to dry - but the flipside of that is if it is something major then they should. 

But what I'm getting at is are there repercussions -  because if there aren't any then there's no incentive for the club to learn from mistakes and no way for underperforming staff to improve or to be replaced.

I don't think we'll ever know (or even should) because I would imagine anything would be inhouse and not public - but I would hope there are measures in place. 

On the plus side a decision was made before the end of the transfer window; fingers crossed we've got someone else lined up such as the rumour surrounding the barnsley defender.

24 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

It is absolutely impossible for Flitcroft to have seen him play this season. Yes, mine are facetious comments but the cold, hard facts are he has not seen this guy play and is signing him on a hope and prayer. 

Rudgie makes it clear in his book he never signed a player he never saw play. This is an example why. 

Agree there. If only we had another Rudgie type manager who worked tirelessly to scout and bring in good players.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, capirex said:

Christian Doidge has resigned for Forest Green from Hibernian. Experienced striker with a good scoring record. Would have been worth a punt.

We as a club i mean dont want so called older players coming in as that doesn't fit the model we are following

1 minute ago, werstayinup said:

For me we need 2 strikers 1 LWB and a big CB to replace Williams now and that's a minimum

Wont happen.  But we will get a couple of new backroom staff to look at why the transfer windows (2 years worth) have been so bad.

Serious note.  I would take 1 striker, 1 LWB and a big CB, as this may be beyond the recruitment teams ability to fill all the spaces.

1 hour ago, MelbourneValiant said:

I actually thought that Vale fans were smart enough to work out that the appearances were combined seeing as we don't play 68 games in a season, never mind half of one. 😀

Obviously I wasn't ! 👍

• Haha 1