Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

2 hours ago, Armers4eng said:

Everything's fine

The port vale circus is in town

Robbie Williams at the helm!

Seriously they don't seem as bothered,   I don't think league tables or results are looked at.

Apparently we have good losses...

What makes you say that they are not bothered. Do you not think for one second that they'd love to sign players...??

• Haha 1

Advert

14 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Little bit envious of Exeter's signings today.

Mo Eisa from MK Dons always has a goal in him.

Millenic Alli, a 23yo winger from Halifax with 7 goals in 21 games this season.

Can’t sign decent players in Jan apparently. 

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

I’ll believe when I see it. 30 years and counting for RW to get his wallet out. He only did it last time to buy shares to save Bratt. 

You dont know much about RW do you but dont let that stop you moaning about absolutely EVERYTHING will you 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Two dreadful owners doesn’t mean by virtue the current one is wonderful. That’s just comparing two turds with a diamond. 

Didn't know we are after diamonds,  so it'd be interesting to know where there is one. 

18 minutes ago, valeparklife said:

Little bit envious of Exeter's signings today.

Mo Eisa from MK Dons always has a goal in him.

Millenic Alli, a 23yo winger from Halifax with 7 goals in 21 games this season.

Tbf they are all trying to get themselves out of trouble,just like us.. oh hang on

I do sometimes wonder if we want to be like Crewe,as in nurturing young talent to sell on for big profits but having to settle for yo-yoing from league 2 to league 1 and back.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, darren1810 said:

I'll watch how I word this for fear of upsetting folk. 

But your last paragraph is the absolute crux of why I go to the game. I want to be entertained and win a few home games ( our home form is abysmal like last year ).

Whilst I am grateful for everything our owners have done and saving the club we seem to of taken our eyes off the ball on the pitch.

Heres the bit I'll get stick for but I've broad shoulders. 

Not concerned with fanzones, rollover hotdogs, face painting, DJ ( who just seems to amuse himself), or old folks bingo. I want to see a team on the pitch with desire and intent. 

Too often we are able to predict what will happen ( Saturday a case in point).

All the extras and goodwill are great . But ultimately I pay for my 2 season tickets to see the action on the pitch. And it's poor fayre. 

Nobody in their right mind will disagree with anything you’ve said there.  The fact that we have all those things, the fanzone etc. etc, is as a byproduct of the team on the pitch.  The numerous projects are great but sometimes you’ve got to look at the short term and the circumstances you find yourself in, which may not be part of any grand plan, and react accordingly.  Despite picking up a few points recently anyone can see we’re in a mess, with a squad very much threadbare.  We need to win our games in hand and to do that we’ll have to score some goals.  We’ve needed more goals in the team all season, we’ve recently lost our top scorer out injured.  We almost lost Uche to Charlton so I really would hope we had someone else lined up who could still come in, especially given Uche is now also injured.  It’s not about signing mega stars on huge wages just a couple of steady Eddies with a bit of nous at this level to bolster the ranks and make sure we don’t drop too many points this February.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Packmoor_vale said:

You just love winding people up 😂 

Are u going answer my question yet on how u know that after the robbie concert he just left the pitch in a right state?? 

It was. You could see dead spots where the stage was for about a third of the start of the season before it got stuffed with sand. I think any fan who saw that pitch pre and post gig can see a clear difference at the start of that season. 

I know there are plenty of Robbie fanboys out there but to deny that gig didn’t at all affect the pitch is just willful blindness. 

38 minutes ago, werstayinup said:

You dont know much about RW do you but dont let that stop you moaning about absolutely EVERYTHING will you 

I don’t know much about RW, because all I care about is if he does anything for Vale. Which has been very little. So therefore there is not much worth knowing. 

Just now, Guitar Ray said:

They have some great long term plans, as we know, but sometimes you need to get the sticking plasters out pronto.

I think, at best, young loanees upfront and maybe LWB? Can't see experience coming in. Also, not sure who's available in those positions anyway.

1 hour ago, WV said:

TJH makes it sound like he thinks Robbie should have been out there after the gig with a lawnmower and a pitchfork sorting the pitch out. 

Let’s be honest, if it was me who hosted a big charity gig, I’d have paid up for the pitch myself given the state it was in after that summer. 

He should yes, have resowed it seed by seed, if he really wanted to make amends. Or pay for the pitch. Either would have been good. 

It is slightly disconcerting that others around us in the table seem to have found an ability to sign attacking options.

Carlisle, Wycombe, Exeter, Charlton have all brought in attacking reinforcements. Maybe it isn’t impossible to land a striker after all?

• Like 6