onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

Advert

21 minutes ago, andy jones said:

All that is very true and it's also very worrying. 

Since AC has 'stumbled' onto a system, that Uche is an integral part of, I have seen our supporters, after the match, coming out of the ground with smiles on their faces even though we may not have won (Charlton).

If AC loses Uche and reverts back to the the 'Vale Way' of playing then we will be back to glum, unhappy fans who may well not renew STs (particularly if reverting back to the boring, catastrophic, system sees us relegated).

The new 'Vale Way' of playing may be what the coaches want, but i am pretty damn sure its not what the majority of supporters want. It's the proverbial watching paint dry scenario.

I, for one, will never forgive the lead up to the Middelsborough second goal that killed the match as a contest.

BTW what message does it send to the opposition and our supporters when at our kick off the ball is immediately passed back to the keeper without any other player touching it. Total negativity.

Even if Uche stays, AC s going to revert back to the possession football because that's what the club wants.

100% agree with you, we have had some great matches since we changed formation and the fans are more happy but we have a stubborn manager  who believes we should be playing the other way

Edited by Brian Johnson
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

Even if Uche stays, AC s going to revert back to the possession football because that's what the club wants.

100% agree with you, we have had some great matches since we changed formation and the fans are more happy but we have a stubborn who believes we should be playing the other way

How do you know we will revert back?  If, as seems likely, Uche stays, I really can't see Vale changing how they play, unless forced to by injuries. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jacko51 said:

Where is the evidence that Uche failed the medical??? 

It was widley reported; I also stated it (a few pages back - the guy that told me we were signing players earlier this week, and who is close to the club, WA me this morning to tell me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Brian Johnson said:

100% agree with you, we have had some great matches since we changed formation and the fans are more happy but we have a stubborn who believes we should be playing the other way

I'm OK with possession based football. But if you only have one repeated way of playing it will get marked up and we just go across the pitch. 

Watching Arsenal, they are good enough to play daring football out from the back. And it has to be daring or the opposition just stand there watching the ball being passed across the back. But if we are daring we are not good enough. So the answer must be a mix of playing out from the back but with a target man up front. The opposition must respect the target man and need to modify their press. 

Edited by Warren
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, The French Connection said:

How do you know we will revert back?  If, as seems likely, Uche stays, I really can't see Vale changing how they play, unless forced to by injuries. 

Because Crosby and Flickers have banged on all season about the style of play they are implementing. Crosby been stubborn with that all the way from the 1st game of the season against Barnsley up until, ironically, half time against Barnsley in the return game.

It was a case of Crosby about to lose his job, a few injuries and the fact that the game could have easily been another 7-0 but within 15 minutes he brought on 2 kids, switch to 2 strikers up front and went more direct.

So, all the training since pre season, all the games we had played over pre-season including up to half v Barnsley in December, all that time was disregarded within 15 minutes

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Osh said:

It was widley reported; I also stated it (a few pages back - the guy that told me we were signing players earlier this week, and who is close to the club, WA me this morning to tell me.

Has that come from Charlton?

13 hours ago, LancyTony said:

You are a misery guts! Just out of interest - how much have you put into the Vale over the past 5 years? And Reading fans are not throwing tantrums because Dai Young is tight - but because he is mismanaging their club which has been the main cause of their demise. There is a difference - but you need to take off those blinkers!

Reading are still paying to use their under soil heating! If they can’t pay the players but they can stick the under soil on, albeit for a limited period, that’s just dreadful financial management. I have little sympathy for a club that has way overreached itself relying on sugar daddies. 

Recently our keeper has aimed goal kicks directly at Uche which even if we don't win the first ball sees the next phase of the game in the opposition half rather than our keeper retrieving the ball from our net due to yet another catastrophic loss of possession by our back line. 

• Like 1

I learned a lot watching Arsenal v Crystal Palace first half. Arsenal targeting the right sided centre back. Identified him as not good enough. The press is leaving him on the ball. But also both goals have come from corners where he doesn't mark well enough and gets run on by the centre half and beaten in the air. 

So it's not rocket science. We have weaknesses at PV and the opposition will analyse and find them. Where I have a problem is that we had the same single boring failing way of playing pretty much the whole off 2023. And have only recently started to do something about it causing us to start scoring again. 

Edited by Warren