onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

9 hours ago, valiant_593 said:

Because he only has 6 months left on his contract and has scored 1 goal. I agree with you about his qualities, I rate him. But I don’t think he’s worth that much with his contract situation personally 

I definitely see your point. I do think we could push the price though. So at best I think we could get 200k. Maybe around 150k. Let's just see what happens.

Advert

1 minute ago, WV said:

Who do you think has the final say on whether we get to keep a player a bid has come in on? You’re quick to blame DF when in reality the truth may be that it’s also out of his hands.  

Maybe, but saying "Carol will cash in every opportunity she gets" is unfair. She's not Smurthwaite. I'm not necessarily blaming Flitcroft either, I clearly stated this might all be out of Vale's hands. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, TJHValiant said:

Absolutely this. If the club was really into building for the future they would be looking at who to add to push us up league 1. Not looking at selling on any players. Frankly we need another striker anyway, not letting go of one of our two proven ones. 

Some bloke from Bradford in league 2 doesn’t cut it. League 2 is dreadful. Anyone can see that when we outplayed one of the division’s strongest sides in Mansfield.

We need to move on from league 2 punts. Look at the players clubs around us in the league are signing. That tells the real story.

We are trying to sell a very good player to a club on equal points to us in the same division. 

It is as if we want league 2 football. I get the impression Carol wants another league 2 Wembley glory year next season. 

In the world of the internet where mad things get said all of the time, that last line is possibly up there with alien landings and drinking bleach to solve COVID. madness!

• Like 4

9 hours ago, andy jones said:

Yep, we spend months getting him fit to the point that he frightened Charlton that much they immediately want to buy him and pair him with Alfie May.

People don't understand how dangerouse uche would be in this league once he's sorted out his shooting. We've all seen some of the rockets he's tried to put towards the net. A bit more practice and he's one of the best forwards in the league.

Edited by PVFC FAN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Vale Ball said:

And if the move doesn't suit us we will still have to let him go, the players and agents hold all the cards.

Sent from my SM-A217F using onevalefan mobile app

It depends on the money involved, if we get a fee, we lose a wage and we get someone else in. if we cannot find anyone he stays until the contract is up. It is all right angling for a move, but fate does not always work that way. 

The recruitment has not been that terrible 🤨, all the forwards have had issues (injured, unfit, out of favour, not any good.). But all teams want a goalscorer, Man City are doing better I believe without Haaland. 

We have a decent goalkeeper , defence has been upset by injury/suspension and out of position players, midfield has potential if players stay fit and play where they should, upfront we do need Wilson or type, plus a scorer. We could just play as we are using Uche as a disrupter, but we have changed our style. This may take time and needs better players, but they do not come cheap. 

We have to focus on good loans, pinching a few from a higher level, they are there. Maybe a gamble on non league, but if DF and his lot are earning good money, then it is up to them.

1 minute ago, PVFC FAN said:

People don't understand how dangerouse uche would be in this league once he's sorted out his shooting. We've all seen some of the rockets he's tried to put towards the net. A bit more practice and he's one of the best strikers in the league.

When will he sort this out?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

People don't understand how dangerouse uche would be in this league once he's sorted out his shooting. We've all seen some of the rockets he's tried to put towards the net. A bit more practice and he's one of the best strikers in the league.

What do you think that they do all day ... they practice. This lad will always be big, but I don't see a 10 goal season out of him. He can't hit a bloody barn door most days. He is  menace and needs to play up front as a 2, but we shouldn't be building him up as a world beater just because someone else wants him. He is VERY replaceable IMO

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, PVFC FAN said:

People don't understand how dangerouse uche would be in this league once he's sorted out his shooting. We've all seen some of the rockets he's tried to put towards the net. A bit more practice and he's one of the best forwards in the league.

He's had one decent game & if he hasn't sorted his shooting out now at his age he never will. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

When he is 100% fit.

The Uche now is twice the player he was when he arrived. Plus he isn't at peak fitness even now. There is still more to come and clearly he terrifies defenders now. Add that third division (not Championship) goal sharpness and he will be one of the best in this league. IMHO

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Row L said:

Thats ultra harsh IMO. I have no data to back this up, but would bet heavily that Carol and the family have invested way way more than they have recouped and that this is not a vanity / asset stripping project as we have seen under Norman in the past.  Money in where it is possible to be invested in other areas where necessary is normal business and Carol is clearly balancing the short term losses against longer term gain through investment.  If hypothetically the club can make a 100k on a player, bring one in for a 50k and invest 50k into better facilities, surely thats good management?

I agree it's too harsh to say that Carol would be cashing in as she has previously said that all the money coming into the club would be spent on the club and there is plenty of evidence for that. We have good owners who care for the club and are looking after it. Every club will have its ups and downs, even those with more money than us.

I was though slightly perturbed last January, when we let some good players go, that she said it had been a good January, a sentiment contradicted by DC. It seemed to me then that Carol was saying it had been good financially while DC was saying not in football terms. That was the beginning of a long hard struggle for the rest of the season.

Just hoping we don't have a repeat.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ginginator said:

When will he sort this out?

Right ginger I hope you take this in. He had a massive presence at the top of the pitch receiving the ball in the middle to top third of the pitch often kickstarting attacks. He saves us a lot of messing around at the back by taking advantage of ripleys distribution of the ball. Often he receives these passes very well and because he is so high up he is in range to pass out to wingers or anyone that might be able to have a shot or start a set piece. One of the games I went to he had 2 defender on his back, he managed to receive the ball, turn both defenders and have a shot. Pretty much everything you want is there and I think the reason teams are after him is because of how dangerouse he is. He only needs to work on placing the shots. The ones I've seen him take have often been powerful and on target deflected by defenders that haven't even seen the shots coming. Oh and he could do with a bit more pace.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, Row L said:

What do you think that they do all day ... they practice. This lad will always be big, but I don't see a 10 goal season out of him. He can't hit a bloody barn door most days. He is  menace and needs to play up front as a 2, but we shouldn't be building him up as a world beater just because someone else wants him. He is VERY replaceable IMO

Most his shots have been deflected away. I think we should keep him I've already said all the reasons.

11 hours ago, Vtid said:

Just scored 16 goals in 20 games at swindon, albeit in the league below but he knows where the net is. I wouldn't mind him coming in to replace uche even if they are different types of players 

He's a proper goalscorer which are few and far between nowadays, I'd like see another brought in on loan as well .

• Like 1