onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

15 minutes ago, Osh said:

This sounds like they've both spoken to Uche or his agent and Uche has said he'd like to go; IF thats the case and considering we've only got him for another 6 months, we should take a hard-headed approach and get every penny we can for him.

I know he causes problems for defences but lets be honest, he's not a great 'footballer'

If we could stick a good price on his head and get it I'd gladly see him go then use the money to find a better replacement.  He's cost us nowt

DF will obviously have a release value for every player and if it’s met for Uche then he’ll go.  Perhaps there’s also an element to this of Uche and/or his agent trying to get Vale to extend/improve his current deal, especially if he’s happy here.

Advert

16 minutes ago, MBE said:

I maybe in the minority but if Uche leaves that’s  no bad thing for me.  Lad will never score a goal in a million years.  Yes pins and spins defenders in some games but have to say I’ve been very disappointed with him overall. When any defender has not bothered to engage in a physical battle and just let him have the ball he’s looked extremely poor.

You would have to believe we have another player lined up, if we get a  fee for a player with 5 months left on his contract who is probably one of if not the highest paid player at the club then that’s good business for me.

Except the goal he scored last time out? Never been a great footballer but he offers much more than that & only akinfenwa would replace his assets. We don't have anyone of that type so would be mad to get rid unless we have someone decent lined up surely 🤷🏼‍♂️ 

Edited by Vtid
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, MBE said:

You would hope so Rob knowing Charlton in particular are desperate for another striker option.

This could be another Ryan Johnson moment in the transfer window.

Well, we could be seeing one of these:

• We sign a striker in October and sell him in January for a decent fee, bringing in a replacement, and that looks like good business.
  • On the flip side, allowing him to move for next to nothing when we could have kept him till the end of the season and having no replacement would be bad business.

So, on that logic it's all about:

1) Will we get a bigger than expected fee (perhaps because JCH's deal to Charlton has stalled and they need a replacement)? Obviously I don't think we'd be getting £500k (the fee agreed for JCH) for Uche but a fee in the region of say £100k+ would be handy for someone who's only been here for months. Will Charlton be tempted to pay a bit over the odds in their desperation to get a striker? If so, that fee could put a dent in Bradford's asking price for Jake Young and make that move more realistic.

2) Have we got a good replacement lined up? If we haven't it would seem extremely short-sighted to let him go now especially if it's only for a small fee.

• Like 5

According to the Yorkshire Post, Vale & Exeter are still interested in Jake Young - here’s the link, but beware, it’s a site riddled with adverts like the Sentinel and it doesn’t say anything other than we’re still interested.

WWW.YORKSHIREPOST.CO.UK

If Charlton and Wycombe are interested in Uche, it makes geographical sense as he was born in Harrow and previously played for Wycombe. I suspect both clubs can pay higher wages than us. I have never quite worked out how Wycombe can do that. They have been in L1 / L2 this century with one season in the Championship. 

Would I be concerned if we lost Uche. Yes, and especially to a L1 rival. Has he thought about Australia?

Edited by Warren

14 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

Finally get him fit and playing OK then try to sell him. Belter.

Get him on a free transfer, get him fit,  playing OK then sell him - would be how the club are probably looking at it.  Isn’t that our business model - sign a player increase his value and then sell him on?

• Like 1

Get him on a free transfer, get him fit,  playing OK then sell him - would be how the club are probably looking at it.  Isn’t that our business model - sign a player increase his value and then sell him on?
Any normal well performing team, yeah that would be brilliant.

A team who will only have Wilson (a ballhair away from an injury at any point) and Loft (should have taken up bricklaying rather than football) available to play up front, not so good.

Still, two weeks left, tick tock.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

I'm livid if Uche goes .

He is a constant threat .

A really good unselfish hard working footballer who is beginning to connect with Wilson and Chislett .

Who we go play up there some soft in there application player .

Ffs Vale keep Uche he makes going Vale worth going for me if he goes be a truly woeful few days .

I don't care if he only scored 1 goal is all round game gives you something to look forwards too on a home game .

If he goes that leaves very few who have selling appeal to go watch .

I'll be very disappointed if he is allowed to go .

Unbelievable 

1 minute ago, Walka003 said:

A team who will only have Wilson (a ballhair away from an injury at any point) and Loft (should have taken up bricklaying rather than football) available to play up front, not so good.

An injured Garrity too. We wouldn't even be able to push him upfront as before.

• Like 4

I wish we heard about players we were signing rather than ones leaving. Is this the plan? Get a team good enough for league 1 til Christmas then hold on until May in the hope of staying in the league on the cheap? 

This is all very “Mr Smurfwaite”’esque. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Walka003 said:

He may be going nowhere, a lot of folks seem to be already assuming he’s definitely going.  Surely he’d only be let go if we can find a suitable replacement beforehand - our having learned from the Connor Hall situation last year? Big gamble accepting a fee now (unless our hand is forced because there’s a release clause in his contract) and then assume we can still get someone in.

He may be going nowhere, a lot of folks seem to be already assuming he’s definitely going.  Surely he’d only be let go if we can find a suitable replacement beforehand - our having learned from the Connor Hall situation last year? Big gamble accepting a fee now (unless our hand is forced because there’s a release clause in his contract) and then assume we can still get someone in.
Exactly, you'd think we'd have someone lined up, but look at the Hall/Donnelly situation. Nothings guaranteed in Flitcrofts war room.
  • Like 2