onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January Transfers and Rumours

werstayinup

13 hours ago, Nippy Naylor said:

Is Kian Harret getting game time at Huddersfield cos if not be a good addition to the team  if he's made available .

The question would be why he is not getting game time.  Is he too far down the pecking order or just not producing the goods. As he's not getting game time, how far off match fit is he.  Every window we get players who take 10 games to get fully match fit

Edit - Just seen a post saying he picked up a bad injury and hence out.  Def a Vale player to bring in now he's picked up a bad injury - our physios and med people aren't busy enough. 🤣

Edited by PVFC764
  • Haha 1

Advert

I don't think Harratt will be on his way to Vale Park.

Firstly, he's injured and secondly when he was injured he was a first-team pick so when he does recover there's every chance he'll get back into the Huddersfield squad.

1 minute ago, Con2Pvfc said:

I've seen a few people asking to bin Nathan Smith off after he has had his first bad run of games in his near decade-long career with us.

Please, someone tell me why we should get rid of our most consistent player of the last 8-10 years or so after a month or two of poor performances, during games in which everyone else on the pitch played equally as poorly or worse than him?

Some very short memories among Vale fans it seems.

He is being played out of position and getting caught out by wingers in a role that doesn't suit him, I like Lowe's organisation of the backline, but his aerial ability for the centre of a three is to be desired. Smith is not the tallest, but at least he can be dominant in the air over the majority of forwards in this league.

100% agree. :clap:

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Con2Pvfc said:

I've seen a few people asking to bin Nathan Smith off after he has had his first bad run of games in his near decade-long career with us.

Please, someone tell me why we should get rid of our most consistent player of the last 8-10 years or so after a month or two of poor performances, during games in which everyone else on the pitch played equally as poorly or worse than him?

He is being played out of position and getting caught out by wingers in a role that doesn't suit him, I like Lowe's organisation of the backline, but his aerial ability for the centre of a three is to be desired. Smith is not the tallest, but at least he can be dominant in the air over the majority of forwards in this league.

Not to mention he is hardly ever out injured like a large number of our squad ! Baffles me how the computer never tells AC he needs a rest when he's one of the most worked players in games.

• Like 7

19 hours ago, Warren said:

Bradford City are an enigma. Clearly are a bigger and better supported club than Port Vale. But massively under achieving in L2. Surely, they want to assemble a promotion team. If they are going to sell a goal scorer they should only do so for a large fee. Bradford's average attendance is 17,855 this season. 

Are Bradford season tickets still insanely good value?

I seem to remember they had one season with £100 season tickets and have had high attendances since.

15 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

Are Bradford season tickets still insanely good value?

I seem to remember they had one season with £100 season tickets and have had high attendances since.

£198.00 if ordered in the early bird period (£8.61 a game)

£300.00 after the early bird

They also allow DD over 10 months so for example you could purchase a season ticket in the early bird and pay £19.80 a month.

We tried it once under V2001 and gave it up didnt we?

2 hours ago, Con2Pvfc said:

I think Smith is struggling more with the captaincy than anything else. He's played left and right of a back 3 quite a lot. It is different being a captain and it does often detract from a player's game. 

Whether it's right or wrong we seem to use the central centrehalf as what used to be called a sweeper. The left or right centrehalf take the centreforward and the central one covers. When we were relatively secure defensively we also had Ojo who cleared up a lot infront of the back 3. I'm not really sure what Lowe is like in the air one on one with a centreforward because I can't remember him being in that position.  Where I think he is culpable is the number of goals from low crosses where we have 2/3 defenders on or inside the 6 yard box and an attacking player is left free in the space between the 6 yard box and the penalty spot. Charlton's 3rd goal was an example, although in that case I think it was Grant who should have pushed out. If Lowe is being used as a sweeper he should really take charge of either pushing into that space or getting others to push out into that space. We had Lowe, Grant and Lacovitti not marking anyone within 3/4 metres of their goal scorers and nobody within a metre of him.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Vale1995 said:

On a side note ive seen Shrewsbury play a few times this season and have been really impressed by that dunkley they have as cb. Think theres next to no hope of getting him but would love him down the vale

Good mukkas with Massey him, from Wigan I think. No chance in hell of signing him.

Edited by Con2Pvfc

Just now, Vale1995 said:

No chance then ahaha dont think massey will speak highly of us with the treatment he gets from fans 

I can get behind booing people off if its an embarrassment of a performance, but booing people on to the pitch both in the case of Gav and Loft is ridiculous.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1