onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

SC Statement - Keith Ryder and discussions

Memphis

Advert

Sorry chaps but I think it is all over. We can blame who we like but I can't see us starting the new season in league 2. I expect there will be a lot of finger pointing etc. but it will make no difference. As Mo so kindly points out in his Sentinel article "who in their right mind would pay £1.3 million for Port Vale at this time" Apologies if I have misquoted but you get the drift. The money and goodwill has run out.

whats the difference between paying for 1.3 million now and 6 months ago? 1.3 million is a very good price in my opinion! i once backed mo but now hes showing his true colours. he failed to buy vale so he should shut up and leave it at that and worry about his own interests

Sorry chaps but I think it is all over. We can blame who we like but I can't see us starting the new season in league 2. I expect there will be a lot of finger pointing etc. but it will make no difference. As Mo so kindly points out in his Sentinel article "who in their right mind would pay £1.3 million for Port Vale at this time" Apologies if I have misquoted but you get the drift. The money and goodwill has run out.

Yeah think it's been obvious for sometime, Ryders quite clearly out of the running, playing ff is one thing actually finding the cash has proven one step to far.

And Bob Young you could write an essay on his failings even the first time. But now he must be on the verge of going down as the man whose single handedly destroyed Port Vale.

How he has was nominated the administrator was beyond all believe.

I stated sometime ago the dangers of administration, but all on here knew better.

Vale Park hosting another football league fixture must now be in serious doubt.

Yes but you obviously don't have the £1.3million to spend. All the negative publicity has reduced the likelyhood of anyone who has the money wanting to buy the club. Unlike Pete Williams in one of his interviews with Radio Stoke, I wouldn't have turned down any of the old regime if they wanted to come back and save the club, and I suspect a lot of others feel the same.

(Reply to V2001 out, one post back!)

whats the difference between paying for 1.3 million now and 6 months ago? 1.3 million is a very good price in my opinion! i once backed mo but now hes showing his true colours. he failed to buy vale so he should shut up and leave it at that and worry about his own interests

As Gerard Krasner said ' Everyone is full of good intentions when buying a footie club,the problems start when you ask them for the cheque.'Mo is looking after his own interests,the interview was done by the Sentinel,he made the comments.Good luck with someone else paying £1.3m for the club.

Not posted on OVF since the end of the season basically because despite a few reservations about Mr Ryder, I truly believed this was going to be a new beginning for Port Vale as he laid out to everyone from day one that he got exclusivity to buy the club from the Administrators. Therefore despite goings on I truly believed he would not let supporters down as others had done before. Therefore I sat back thinking a new dawn would happen when he signed for the club and it was then time to celebrate a new beginning and a big welcome on OVF from me and no doubt many, many others.

So why have I posted now? The reason was a text from a friend of mine who is a Coventry fan and was looking forward to the friendly game. Time and time again throughout the summer, he has always given me Coventry's woes including enormous debts, playing youth players, etc. No matter what at Vale things could not be as bad as Coventry. Well today he confirmed we were worse and in very basic language called us a "joke" of a club in having to play games behind close doors. All we need now are Rangers and Portsmouth fans to join in and say the same sometime and we really will be rock bottom.

Back to last season when we had the argument with Nantwich Town and their pitch fees, I said then there was one professional football club and one not in the way the matter was dealt with and Port Vale were not that club. The powers that be clearly have not learnt any lessons from any debacles of the past. Basically to call us a professional football club today is a joke apart from Micky Adams, the staff and players who quite frankly in their behaviour have made others look like ........ (I'll leave others to fill in the blanks). So thank you Micky and the staff. You at least have done your upmost to keep your dignity and anger and you deserve a pat on the back from us supporters because we could understand if you all just wanted to walk away from the shambles others have created.

So where from here. To me the damage is done for Ryder. Even if he signed now what would the future hold? It would take a complete turn around from recent times for him to gain back the trust of all Vale fans and that will take a very long time anyway. There will just be more and more of the times we had before once a problem arose again with him. The trust is gone between him and fans and therefore as far as I am concerned, so is the new dawn he promised.

To me the damage is done for Ryder. Even if he signed now what would the future hold? It would take a complete turn around from recent times for him to gain back the trust of all Vale fans and that will take a very long time anyway. There will just be more and more of the times we had before once a problem arose again with him. The trust is gone between him and fans and therefore as far as I am concerned, so is the new dawn he promised.[/quote

Exactly. Well said.

Yes but you obviously don't have the £1.3million to spend. All the negative publicity has reduced the likelyhood of anyone who has the money wanting to buy the club. Unlike Pete Williams in one of his interviews with Radio Stoke, I wouldn't have turned down any of the old regime if they wanted to come back and save the club, and I suspect a lot of others feel the same.

I don't. Even if Billyboy or any of the others had the money, the mismanagement would continue and with yet another admin in prospect, we'd be out of the League.

No thanks.

There is no point going back to people like bill bratt. you are just delaying the inevitable. might as well shut the vale down now if bratt is to be our knight in shining armour.

Also, Mo Should shut the **** up. It is as simple as that. He didnt buy the vale, he doesn't support the vale, its got **** all to do with. **** off!

You'll be hard pushed to find 5 people who'd welcome any of the old board back, What are you on?

Archived