onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Griff!

sapperclarke

See I don't believe that matt at all.

I do like griff, but we don't have to have this player in our team to go up.

Have Crewe got a tackler like griff? Did Swindon have an enforcer?...

If you've got two lads in the middle who can pass a football , get forward and work hard then you will have a better chance in getting promotion in my view.

Also need to score goals from all areas and this is something griff can't do.

Don't get me wrong I like him but if Adams got the right players in we could do a lot better.

Dead right, I'd rather lose Griff than Marc Richards any day of the week.

That said I do like Griff and would like him to stay. I just think at home against the teams that come to defend we should have a ball playing/goal scoring midfielder to help break these stubborn defences down.

Advert

See I don't believe that matt at all.

I do like griff, but we don't have to have this player in our team to go up.

Have Crewe got a tackler like griff? Did Swindon have an enforcer?...

If you've got two lads in the middle who can pass a football , get forward and work hard then you will have a better chance in getting promotion in my view.

Also need to score goals from all areas and this is something griff can't do.

Don't get me wrong I like him but if Adams got the right players in we could do a lot better.

And to think, I can remember a game at Rotheram where they hammered us and the abuse Ray Walker got was unbelievable. Oh what we'd do for a player like that nowadays.

it's a myth that griff is nothing but a tackler. he doesn't just win possession, he keeps possession better than anyone else at the club. how often do you see him lose the ball? rarely. he keeps it simple, is composed and opposition fans and players hate him.

it's a myth that griff is nothing but a tackler. he doesn't just win possession, he keeps possession better than anyone else at the club. how often do you see him lose the ball? rarely. he keeps it simple, is composed and opposition fans and players hate him.

how often does he pass it forwards though. any player should be able go backwards or sideways

He can pass it sideways all day, I can do that. I've seen him lose the balls endless times also.

You don't need a griff type player, simple as that. Give me two footballers who work hard and can pass forward and get into the box any day over griffith .

I agree with peoples statements about maybe not needing Griff in our midfield, however every time I have seen us in last 2 years and he hasnt been in the team, we have looked extremely poor and weak, i cant pin-point whyexactly but it just feels like he is the heart beat of our team and does the dirty work for the rest of the team

I like Griff but with him in the team, we do not attack with pace. As soon as he gets the ball, it all slows down as he invariably passes backwards!! As others have said, with 2 decent centre midfielders we do not need him in the first team. I would have him on the bench though. Would love to see Loft and Shuker in there next season.

For Cliffs sake. Dont you realise the most sides who come to VP actually want our midfielders to pass backwards or sideways and would be happy to let them do it all day. Thats why our our goals for record is not good.

He's been the best away game player for vale for the past two seasons. He's one of the best holding midfielder in the division, hence the recent interest in him from other clubs. His tackling, positional play, and short to medium passing have been excellent all season. He doesn't hide like some of our more talented players. Whilst in other aspects of his play he is limited (mobility, long passing, shooting) he remains a massive asset to the team.

No player at this level is complete. Some of the expectations on here are ridiculous.

He's been the best away game player for vale for the past two seasons. He's one of the best holding midfielder in the division, hence the recent interest in him from other clubs. His tackling, positional play, and short to medium passing have been excellent all season. He doesn't hide like some of our more talented players. Whilst in other aspects of his play he is limited (mobility, long passing, shooting) he remains a massive asset to the team.

No player at this level is complete. Some of the expectations on here are ridiculous.

I expect my team to go forward , particularly in home games. Unfortunately in recent seasons I have needed more than one hand to count the number of games when we havent had a single shot. To have a hope of promotion we need central midfielders capable of getting close to 10 goals a season.

I can't see us missing him when we have these 2 box to box midfielders that can pick a pass that people are on about...

Archived