onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

momentum

jnk

The Forest Green match on Saturday highlights a problem that needs sorting out namely that we were exposed by a lack of height at the back . We used to have a great centre half namely Leon Legge who would head danger away --this would be the type of player we should try to find . Now , a player of Leon's stature would be extremely difficult to find and probably come round once a decade .Many times we have seen Leon clear the danger and also provide the danger at the opposite end . I cannot think of anybody to fit the bill but lets start looking . The play at the moment consists of players with a chance to cross with the momentum of play not whipping the ball in but playing little triangles in tight spaces and eventually losing possession . There is also no need for every cross being for somebody to head the ball-- a low hard cross can be just as dangerous . The Forest Green goalkeeper plucked every corner out of the air when a variety of tactics needed to be applied .

Next gripe is the suicidal football playing out from the back which gives away easy stupid goals . This is a current trend shown on telly where you just ask WHY . The only way to score goals is to have people playing forward balls not as per Saturday when the ball was passed back to our goalkeeper from the halfway line and this is when we were losing . The playacting of opposition players to control the game is not a good advert for football but merely amateur dramatics and wants stamping out . One FGR player went down expecting a free kick but fortunately the referee was running away from him and did not see him on the floor --he very quickly got up when nothing was given but a Oscar performance of pain and grief was wasted . They want sorting out with bookings or red cards . People want 100% football and entertainment not frustration and cheats. 

Advert

The amateur dramatics is difficult for the referee to deal with. There is uncertainty without qualified examination of the player and as to the extent of injury. Even then uncertainty can persist. Yesterday Jota was down in the final minute no doubt causing Man City fans angst. But he was seriously injured. 

So the answer must be to control properly what can be controlled. That is time added on.

53 minutes ago, Warren said:

Leon Legg was a well appreciated and proficient L2 player. But on the size issue I have seen many L1 CD players who are big and as good or better than him. We could choose to sign someone taller with a decent selection. 

Agyakwo is 6ft 3 but no idea how close he is to making a matchday squad. Wonder if he might get a game tomorrow night?

1 hour ago, Guitar Ray said:

Isn’t he out on loan?

I think he's at Chorley. There is a great ice cream shop in Chorley called Frederick's Ice-cream Parlour. Guess that doesn't help us on the field. 

Being demanding I'm looking for 6ft 6, tackles, heads, got pace and passes accurately. 

I think he's at Chorley. There is a great ice cream shop in Chorley called Frederick's Ice-cream Parlour. Guess that doesn't help us on the field. 
Being demanding I'm looking for 6ft 6, tackles, heads, got pace and passes accurately. 
I can't see Van Dijk staying in the George unfortunately

The amateur dramatics is difficult for the referee to deal with. There is uncertainty without qualified examination of the player and as to the extent of injury. Even then uncertainty can persist. Yesterday Jota was down in the final minute no doubt causing Man City fans angst. But he was seriously injured. 
So the answer must be to control properly what can be controlled. That is time added on.
I find those that roll round smacking the turf aren't injured.

Archived