onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Boycott Shrewsbury Rearranged Fixture

Mattholl

Think of the costs of floodlights/stewards/police/staff etc. For a club at this level it would be difficult for them to make it free entry. It's not ideal, but it's silly making a fuss as you'll only harm our own team by not supporting them.

Im sure the insurance costs for the damaged, plus the fact they would have already made a large profit from the game which was abandoned would cover the costs of all of the above for the replay

Advert

Think of the costs of floodlights/stewards/police/staff etc. For a club at this level it would be difficult for them to make it free entry. It's not ideal, but it's silly making a fuss as you'll only harm our own team by not supporting them.

It's akin to you buying an item from a shop, it being faulty and them refusing to give you a replacement or refund. Fairly sure you would be up in arms if it affected you.

It's completely and utterly their fault and yet the fan on the street who is completely blameless carries the can!

I was told if we kept our stubs we would gain free entry.

Some people say that we have nothing to play for this season. They are wrong, as we can still screw up Shrewsbury's promotion campaign. Bring it on!

only good reason to go ive heard so far, other than the self righteous who once more appear to dominate OVF... its surprising theres so many better more dedicated vales fans out there, i do feel humbled at times ;)

It's akin to you buying an item from a shop, it being faulty and them refusing to give you a replacement or refund. Fairly sure you would be up in arms if it affected you.

It's completely and utterly their fault and yet the fan on the street who is completely blameless carries the can!

I was told if we kept our stubs we would gain free entry.

Exactly mate imagine buying a tv and it breaks when you first use it, then you go back to the shop and they say they will sell you another for half price.... hardly a great deal with great customer service is it

My understanding, based on research in 1978 I admit, is that when a game is abandoned before half time readmission is free. When it is abandoned in the second half the home club can decide whether or not to charge admission to the reorganised game.

Some sympathy with Shrewsbury is due because this so called act of god will cause the club to have to stand the cost of the second game. The fans and the club both lost out. I am not sure about the ethics of season ticket holders being treated more favourably though.

I a sure I have read it is only vale fans they are charging again.

No, Shrews ST holders get in free, others got to pay like us. Why should ST get in free? - that means they have seen 23 and 2/3 games this year. Cynical move by STFC - end of season, crucial, so their pay on the gaters and glory hunters will pay a tenner and obviously they don't care about us. Stuff em! It's not the tenner, I could look at it that a tenner for a game is good (in fact £27 for a game and 2/3 is good by our standards) and I would not have to pay for petrol/parking for either game, I just don't like being ripped off. STs have to pay for extra games ie cup games. A fiver for everyone and they would still have been up without annoying everyone.

Especially after telling us to save our stubbs and admitting they have a policy!!

I think the statement on keeping your ticket stubs for the next game was to ensure there would not be any issue when they cancelled the game.

Anyone remember that bonfire night years ago when we were 3 up against aldershot i think and the fog got the game abandoned - it was bad , I only remember seeing one goal.

i'm pretty sure we had to pay for the rearranged fixture

Archived