onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Wycombe Wanderers v Port Vale

Fosse69

2 hours ago, Santa said:

There will be plenty of people going to the football over the next week or two who will be no monarchists but will be able to show a bit of decorum for a minute or two.

I don’t think you can start postponing football matches just because you’re worried the people attending them might commit a thoughtcrime.

Better start brushing up on my doublethink 

Advert

8 hours ago, Santa said:

There will be plenty of people going to the football over the next week or two who will be no monarchists but will be able to show a bit of decorum for a minute or two.

I don’t think you can start postponing football matches just because you’re worried the people attending them might commit a thoughtcrime.

Were you at the Brit for the Queen Mothers minutes silence? 

Just looked and it can't have been a minutes silence for her as the match was on 10th Feb and she died on 30th March. Who was that minutes silence  for? I remember it being disrespected people shouting class war through it. 

Just looked, it was the Queens sister.  Remember being disgusted by it at the time, and it came from our end too. 

On 11/09/2022 at 12:36, philpvfc said:

Never said they weren’t a safe place but we have had to suffer from Liverpool (always the victims) fans antics in the past plus recent booing of the national anthem and I’m sure it was in the back of the mind of the football leagues when they decided to postpone this weekends games.

Liverpool have very close ties with Celtic and the Irish and this is what they think !

You have to understand why Liverpool have a history of booing the anthem, the city has been neglected for many years by governments.  What happened at Hillsborough was a tragedy and was proven to not be the fault of their fans and poor for anyone to say they always play the victim, 97 fans went to a football game and never came back due to failings over the Police, the way grounds had been neglected over many years and then there was the biggest ever cover up in history.  As someone who has been to Anfield probably 40+ times I have never once felt unsafe and a proper stadium for me.

Back to the Wycome game, anyone know if you can get a refund yet or do we have to wait until a date for the new fixture.

10 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

You have to understand why Liverpool have a history of booing the anthem, the city has been neglected for many years by governments.  What happened at Hillsborough was a tragedy and was proven to not be the fault of their fans and poor for anyone to say they always play the victim, 97 fans went to a football game and never came back due to failings over the Police, the way grounds had been neglected over many years and then there was the biggest ever cover up in history.  As someone who has been to Anfield probably 40+ times I have never once felt unsafe and a proper stadium for me.

Back to the Wycome game, anyone know if you can get a refund yet or do we have to wait until a date for the new fixture.

Date has been confirmed as Tuesday 1st November. I need get a refund aswell as can't go the new arranged date.

15 minutes ago, valefan79 said:

Many cities have been neglected by Governments or like in Liverpools case, horrendous local councils but this has absolutely nothing to do with the monarchy and once again, I have not said Anfield is unsafe, I myself have been quite a few times but their fans can be pretty revolting and really think they are something special, quotes like “I’m scouse not English” doesn’t help.

Archived