onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: FLT G1 Port Vale v Stockport County

Fosse69

The return of KO opponents of nearly 30 years ago, when we beat the Hatters twice in 4 days. PO SF 1-0, Auto Glass 2-1.  Another win will bring in £10k on top of the £20k for entering the competition. Also an opportunity for all the new faces to show their worth, apart from any late swoops with only 2 days left  in the transfer period after the game.

Advert

1 minute ago, darren1810 said:

I'm the opposite opinion because I want the Stockport game to be at least 8 changes unless that daft rule still applies. We can't afford any more Injuries and that game is a distraction from the proper stuff. 

Seeing as the bench was so disjointed I might wrongly assume Holden is added to the injury list. 

For me mass changes with an eye on Cheltenham. 

Ah, perhaps I wasn’t clear. I’m with you - the Stockport game should absolutely prompt wholesale changes. My comment was suggesting a hope that - whilst the money from a victory would be handy - the fact it isn’t a league game will encourage players to play more freely and boldly. We need the likes of Forrester, Jones, Hussey, Small, Massey, Charsley, Worrall, Conlon and Odubeko to get to grips with the game. I don’t see many individuals this season playing with a freedom, flair or enjoyment, and that’s what my initial words were alluding to. 

7 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

How many of Saturdays starting 11 have to start on Tuesday under the competition rues?

Not sure but it's a barmy rule. Because the Carabao is a bigger more prestigious cup and teams can make 11 changes yet for this there is a limit. Ludicrous. 

3 minutes ago, NorthwoodValiant said:

the whole way the cup is organised now is ludicrous, nobody wants to watch Under 21s

Haven't attended a single game since that farcical decision was made . Zero interest in it . Competition totally devalued .

Kept hoping for a Norwich under 21 v Southampton under 21 final in front of 4788 at Wembley. 

We have to play 4 of the 10 who started outfield from yesterday I think. 

You would think Clarke will make a lot of changes so potentially something like

Stone

Robinson Forrester Smith Hall Small

Conlon Pett Charsley

Holden Odubeko

Gives Conlon and Pett more match sharpness as the former in particular has looked short in the first few games back after a long absence.

22 minutes ago, darren1810 said:

Haven't attended a single game since that farcical decision was made . Zero interest in it . Competition totally devalued .

Kept hoping for a Norwich under 21 v Southampton under 21 final in front of 4788 at Wembley. 

neither have I but I am going on Tuesday, taking my Grandad.

Don't you mean a crowd of 478?

41 minutes ago, saintvaliant said:

We have to play 4 of the 10 who started outfield from yesterday I think. 

You would think Clarke will make a lot of changes so potentially something like

Stone

Robinson Forrester Smith Hall Small

Conlon Pett Charsley

Holden Odubeko

Gives Conlon and Pett more match sharpness as the former in particular has looked short in the first few games back after a long absence.

I’d go with something like that but also try to get 45 into Massey and maybe 20 into Wilson

11 minutes ago, Diego Maradona said:

Would start with this:

Stone

Robbo  Fozza  Smudger  Jonesy  Smallsy

Pett    Charsley

Holden

Harrison     Odubeko

bit tight on the non defenders that you didn't give them nicknames as well

Archived