onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ticket loyalty scheme introduced

Doha

Advert

Championship ready....great ambition but I hope that phrase doesn't come back to bite us on the arse!!
If we don't plan and build we will never get there, far harder than in the past. Doing nothing is not an option, avoiding a drop in non-league is a risk in L2. In L1 we are safe from that. Nobody knows what the future holds, the economics of football may change, but come KO anything can happen.

Sent from my SM-A715F using onevalefan mobile app

11 hours ago, valiant steve said:

This is a much needed improvement which should make purchasing tickets far fairer for the loyal supporters who go home and away throughout the season.

I wonder if some points will be carried over to next season for the most loyal supporters. I suppose that's a question to consider at the end of the upcoming season though! Walk before we can run. 

UTV! 

Who do you class as the most loyal supporters.

I am cautiously optimistic about this scheme. I welcome being able to buy tickets online in particular. It is important to recognise that not being able to go to away games isn't disloyalty. For example, money. For example, caring commitments. For example, not being able to drive for medical reasons. For example, living too far away from Vale Park to queue up for tickets. For example, work commitments. After contemplating this scheme and its scoring system I think it is balanced and can't be challenged as discriminatory against anyone. 

You still won't be able to get a ticket for the away/big games until after the people with season tickets have got theirs no matter how many points you have. So I very much doubt it will benefit anyone the only thing this has done is disguised the fact they have put ticket prices up. It now costs 60% more for an 18-21s ticket and all the fantastic work we are doing to get the young kids to come will be undone by the time they are 18 as this is generally an age where you earn a low wage so won't be able to afford to come.

1 hour ago, hamilboy said:

Who do you class as the most loyal supporters.

It is a Ticket Loyalty scheme, no different to Tesco in principle, the more you spend the more points you get. Whether people only shop at Tesco is not measured, nor how many years they have shopped there before they had computer systems.  At the very least fans who have only managed to go a handful of games  have a better chance of big game tickets than cup-runners who never watch the Vale normally. 

3 minutes ago, dishydave said:

You still won't be able to get a ticket for the away/big games until after the people with season tickets have got theirs no matter how many points you have. So I very much doubt it will benefit anyone the only thing this has done is disguised the fact they have put ticket prices up. It now costs 60% more for an 18-21s ticket and all the fantastic work we are doing to get the young kids to come will be undone by the time they are 18 as this is generally an age where you earn a low wage so won't be able to afford to come.

No different to any club that has more STs than away tickets available, what it will do is give preference to STs who travel away for scarce away tickets. Similar with the members who travel away.  

2 hours ago, dishydave said:

It will very much benefit the thousands of ST holders who can now buy an away ticket for a big match online instead of having to sleep on the car park overnight again.

And those who don't live in the area, or can't get off work to rock up at the ticket office to queue at 9am on a Monday.

We're in a higher league and inflation is rampant, I'd be surprised if the prices didn't go up. The 18-21s early bird scheme works out at 9 quid a game for L1 football in a stadium currently enjoying well over a million quids worth of upgrading, bargain.

Most bigger clubs have some form of membership scheme with a “pack” of some kind promoting loyalty to the club. That’s what it is about, rewarding commitment and that commitment often isn’t just buying a season ticket. It is buying things from the shop, travelling to away games etc and thank god this is being recognized at last. 

Can someone help me please:

I signed up for a membership a couple of days back when announced.  Now if I go online and put 2 home tickets in my basket (eg for the Fleetwood match) it applies the £4 discount to one ticket.

I want to get a membership for my wife, so that I get a discount on both tickets when I buy them.  How’s the best way to do that?

does she sign up for a membership as a different user?  And if so, how do I then use both memberships when buying 2 tickets on one account?

Or am I able to buy a 2nd membership on my account but assign it to someone else?

any help/advice appreciated

21 minutes ago, blinkme said:

I signed up for a membership a couple of days back when announced.  Now if I go online and put 2 home tickets in my basket (eg for the Fleetwood match) it applies the £4 discount to one ticket.

I want to get a membership for my wife, so that I get a discount on both tickets when I buy them.  How’s the best way to do that?

does she sign up for a membership as a different user?  And if so, how do I then use both memberships when buying 2 tickets on one account?

Or am I able to buy a 2nd membership on my account but assign it to someone else?

Email the ticket office, I would imagine lots of members would buy more than one ticket at a time.

21 minutes ago, blinkme said:

I don't know about being able to buy 2 memberships on one account and assign the second to another person, but you can link someone else's online shop account to yours.

Login and go to 'my account' and then 'edit my details'. At the bottom there is an option to 'request link' which lets you add a "related contact."

"Related contacts can purchase seats / spaces on behalf of, or reserved in the name of, other related contacts. They can also see contact details of related contacts."

The email address used to link the other person should be the email address registered to her online shop account.

I don't know what I'm on about though tbh and you're better off ringing the ticket office and asking if you can buy 2 and assign one, but I've used that related contact functionality to buy a relative a kids ST last season.

Might not be the right thread but I was unable to log in to my account at 3pm today (first time I’ve tried to log in for ages). Emailed the ticket office and got a reply from Jack at 20.15 on a Friday night. Great customer service

Ive tried to phone ticket office this week but cannot get through. I purchased 2 season tickets together using one email address. So how many points should show on the account & will I be able to buy two away tickets on this account.

Just wondered if anyone has found this out?

Archived