onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Adams here to stay

I think there are four apologies necessary:

i) for leaving and heading off to Sheffield

ii) for coming back and doubling his salary

iii) for joining the board of directors

iv) for not investing the £50K he said he would.

As for him staying, well I guess we will have to wait and see.

And as we keep dragging the past back, we will never move forward.:yes:

Advert

Oh come on.....he's a professional football manager not a fan of PVFC. With fans like this who could blame him folr wanting to leave

Better paid job in a higher league with the club he supports? Why wouldn't he have left?

Why not? If it was offered then why shouldn't he take it..he didn't owe PVFC anything and it's up to the board to offer a salary that will entice a decent manager and that the club can afford

I am guessing he was persuaded to do this for the short term good of the club. I am 100% confident he did it for the right reasons

I don't know about that so won't comment

Adams has shown how easy it is to be hoodwinked by "Vale directors" as he has, since being involved with the club - he even beleived BB.

The fact is MA cant afford to leave Vale as his recent record would not get him another Job in league football , especially when you see managers getting sacked for being in the top 4 of other leagues.

There are more "wannabe managers" out of work than Jobs available , so when you have a league manager job, you need to hang on like a limpit, regardless of Club issues.

Hes got a good cushy number at Vale - no pressure to acheive anything other than survival and loads of ready made excuses to refer to if it goes to rat sh!te on the pitch, not to mention "hero worship " by a large number of supporters who have endured some of the most inept managers ever to hold the boss job at V-park.

Oh come on.....he's a professional football manager not a fan of PVFC. With fans like this who could blame him folr wanting to leave

Better paid job in a higher league with the club he supports? Why wouldn't he have left?

Why not? If it was offered then why shouldn't he take it..he didn't owe PVFC anything and it's up to the board to offer a salary that will entice a decent manager and that the club can afford

I am guessing he was persuaded to do this for the short term good of the club. I am 100% confident he did it for the right reasons

I don't know about that so won't comment

Well said Johnny!

On point 1 he always said the blunts would be the only club he would leave us for.

On point 4 I've never seen a direct quote from him stating that he would actually buy shares, simply an inference that he may look at the possibility moving forwards.

I was one of them who thought that his post-match interview sounded like he was as good as on his way, and as I said at the time I would hold my hands up if I was wrong, which I was.

But let's no be so fickle as to believe Micky Adams has an inch of loyalty within him. He might accept a wage cut should he have to, but if a club came in offering him just a little bit more money than whatever he would get here he'll be off again as quickly as you could scratch your ********!

I am astonished to discover that, after everything he has witnessed since his return to the club, Micky Adams was daft enough to believe a single word any of the directors told him.

Have to agree Jean..... after all the lies he has been told by directors Its quite shocking he believed a former director about anything..:doh:... but then he did say some time ago he wasnt very bright

Mickey is on a good number at the Vale. Almost hero worshipped by some.In the short term we need to keep him, albeit at a reduced salary.With Grew in charge we may not get enough points to stay in the league. Once we have new owners he will have to go I'm afraid. Not good value for money and his past indicates that he doesn't build success

I'm not apologising. His comments were illadvised and slagging off the admin guy like that after he'd only been in charge for one day was a bit much. And contradictory too, he said he'd have to speak to BY in private while he was talking about BY in public. Also came across as being a bit of a bread head. Bet he regrets it actually. But forgive and forget, he and the players must have had a tough time. I've no doubt he was misled by the ex-board. Today's statement clears it up. Thanks for that. Time to move on.

Give over.

Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.......

That doesn't mean we should beat people over the head with what they may have said or done in the past - and I think we need to include Micky Adams in that....I apologise for suggesting that he might not be willing to stay, but I still wonder if he'd accept a pay cut without kicking up a lot of trouble......let's see

I will wait and see if you dont mind, yes I was one of those that critisised him on Saturday. Mainly because he needs to go and do a serious PR course, because his interview and motivation technique is awful.

If and I mean If he does stick it out (and yes I am still doubtful) then I will be the first to apologise. I read it the same as Achres and Ray Williams, that interview was not a good sign.

Why would someone be seaking legal advice? It states because he wants to know where he stands during the admin process, yetMickey has been through Admin before with other clubs so surely he must have a jist now??

When asked on Saturday if he was staying why didn't he just say he wanted to stay but needed to sort out a few things with his solicitors and Bob Young.

But no when asked he went all silent and then when pushed for an answer gave the impression he was about to leave.

To me after seeing the response on OVF, Adams realised how childish he was being and changed his mind about leaving and issued the i'm going nowhere comment to the sentinel.

Thats the power of OVF for you. :ovf:

For such a rich man as Adams to be moaning over a couple of weeks money having to be deferred till the end of the season was highly inappropriate in such a poor area as Stoke on trent. To be considering leaving over it was ridiculous, i'm glad hes come to his senses.

Archived