onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Summer transfer targets/rumours, retained list etc

werstayinup

Advert

5 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Personally Barton had his team brilliantly motivated in the match at Vale Park and the rest of the run in.

Don't like him but can't fault what he achieved last season.

No and that's a fair point. I did think they would self-destruct under him last season and to his credit they had a fantastic run-in.

However, I do think that someone with his reputation (deserved or not) should think carefully about what he says to the press.

There's an argument that in any workplace talking publicly in that way could be construed as constructive dismissal. 

I certainly think that the way Vale have continually talked about the club being a family, looking after players and families (and also the mgt team's unwillingness to give opponents any clues) that this sort of honest/rude (delete according to your views) responses to a player's fitness just don't fit into the current Vale ethos. 

3 minutes ago, andy jones said:

Personally Barton had his team brilliantly motivated in the match at Vale Park and the rest of the run in.

Don't like him but can't fault what he achieved last season.

Certainly helped having that young lad Anderson in their side on loan from Newcastle who was almost like a cheat code at League Two level. But I agree, I thought Rovers were outstanding in the two games they played against us and I think we dodged a massive bullet not having to play them in the play-offs.

22 minutes ago, Valiiant said:

Ojo, Conlon and Holden has the potential to be different gravy. 

Add to that Garrity, Pett, Walker and Charsley. Have we ever been so strong in the middle of the park?

No wonder Taylor had it away on his toes this summer.

Can’t see all those midfielders staying personally. 

1 hour ago, Shropshire_Valiant said:

It looks more like Tshimanga from Chesterfield but I doubt that would cost a hefty fee and only just back from a broken leg!

I mentioned him on here before he went to Chesterfield,a lot of league clubs were after him at the time and were surprised he went Chesterfield,scored 25 in 27 last season before breaking his leg and dislocating his ankle but he is back training now... I aren't sure if he looks like the lad in the picture but they rate him in the 500k bracket i think(wont get that for him), after his injury i would guess 200k would get him if he proved his fitness,certainly the pacy running off the shoulder type but we will see i guess

1 hour ago, Doha said:

At least it puts the Lowery rumour to bed

No doubting this lads talent and reading between the lines he will be costing us peanuts so it's a no brainer,he proves his fitness plays plenty of games gets a better deal and we have a player on our hands. I am ok with this signing

23 minutes ago, robf said:

No and that's a fair point. I did think they would self-destruct under him last season and to his credit they had a fantastic run-in.

However, I do think that someone with his reputation (deserved or not) should think carefully about what he says to the press.

There's an argument that in any workplace talking publicly in that way could be construed as constructive dismissal. 

I certainly think that the way Vale have continually talked about the club being a family, looking after players and families (and also the mgt team's unwillingness to give opponents any clues) that this sort of honest/rude (delete according to your views) responses to a player's fitness just don't fit into the current Vale ethos. 

Well said Rob.

1 hour ago, valiant_593 said:

Wanted us in for him last season, if it is him I imagine we would have needed to pay quite a fee. Can’t see it being true although I would love it to be 

The only thing i think against it being him is that surely the Chesterfield press would of picked up on this or that he had been at Vale

25 minutes ago, robf said:

Agreed, I also think having a character like Barton as your manager can go from one extreme to the other very quickly. He would be perfect for a run in like the end of last season. What they achieved was incredible, but I do think when the results aren't going your way and you're struggling and he takes a pop at a player or two in a post match interview, it will escalate and then you start losing the dressing room.

I really hope so, we've been asked to be patient all summer, but the season starts tomorrow and we have one recognised striker fit. We're gonna have a bench of 7 with 4 Midfielders and 3 Defenders

11 minutes ago, Rocky said:

I must admit, with a 3:30pm player reveal I thought it might have left it open for one more before the day is up. 6pm maybe?

It couldn't, could it?

Very interested to see what Holden brings. Is there a slight comparison with Wilson, as a former young prospect who was slipping through the cracks a bit? He certainly sounds like he's a low-risk gamble with good potential returns. I also feel like he's another clue that Clarke wants to be a bit more adaptable with our system this season - we certainly seem to have a lot of attacking midfield/secondary forward options.

35 minutes ago, PV1973 said:

Can’t see all those midfielders staying personally. 

Think Walker would be the most likely to leave, or perhaps Charsley. I like them all for different reasons but would take Walker over Charsley based on the fact he can also play in a back three, and also has a bit more natural ability.

Archived