onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

ST Prices frozen

tisdeano

If we do make the playoffs this season,season ticket holders will have to pay on the gate wont they??Hmmm that'll be interesting who actually keeps their word and doesnt give the club any money..

Not an issue we will have to worry about based on the form of the last 4 months.

Advert

Does any one know what the position is for the people that buy there season tickets now, and the club goes into administration, do these people lose the money, for the season tickets they have paid for, my guess is they do if there is not enough money left to pay the creditors.

If we do make the playoffs this season,season ticket holders will have to pay on the gate wont they??Hmmm that'll be interesting who actually keeps their word and doesnt give the club any money..

Well I wont be renewing my season ticket or paying on the gate if the current board remain after this season. Just attend away games. And I would stake my life on that!!

Does any one know what the position is for the people that buy there season tickets now, and the club goes into administration, do these people lose the money, for the season tickets they have paid for, my guess is they do if there is not enough money left to pay the creditors.

Any ST holders would effectively become unsecured creditors as they would not have received the goods and services already paid for.

The council is a secured creditor and would therefore have first call on the assets of the club and repayment.

I'd imagine the Bank overdraft will also have some form of security as well.

The staff wages would then be the main preferential creditor and would thus be the first to be paid from anything remaining after the above.

ST holders would sit in the next category as an unsecured creditor alongside people like the tax man and businesses etc working with the club.

In short, you would be highly unlikely to be getting anything back as you would come quite far down the list.

I don't think either side of this argument should preach to the other. It is entirely the decision of each individual if they renew/buy a season ticket. I don't expect people to tell me where I should do my weekly shopping and equally, I wouldn't dream of telling people where to spend their money on a Saturday afternoon.

If people want to buy season tickets that's up to them. If they don't, that's up to them as well.

Well I wont be renewing my season ticket or paying on the gate if the current board remain after this season. Just attend away games. And I would stake my life on that!!

Ditto Deak, good luck to the people who are happy with their lot. Having read second hand all the ***** that's gone on today at Chesterfield I'm better off out of it. One of the reasons I wanted Mo was because it might have ridden us of some of the racist scum that follow our club. I honestly don't think that he'll end up in charge, too many short sighted people support the current board.

Ditto Deak, good luck to the people who are happy with their lot. Having read second hand all the ***** that's gone on today at Chesterfield I'm better off out of it. One of the reasons I wanted Mo was because it might have ridden us of some of the racist scum that follow our club. I honestly don't think that he'll end up in charge, too many short sighted people support the current board.

Thanks Nelly. It will be tough, especially the first home game next season not attending. Hopefully it wont come to that. Short term pain for long term gain. Been going since 1976.

The amateurish state of our club is summed up by season tickets having already vanished from the homepage of the official website, replaced by fake stories about Barcelona playing the youth team and Marc Richards being injured. You couldn't make it up!

Anything to have a go at the board, like any other story it will make way for new headlines, the season ticket release headline is no different. Like all stories it is still on there - get a grip

http://www.port-vale.co.uk/page/NewsIndex/0,,10381,00.html

I don't think either side of this argument should preach to the other. It is entirely the decision of each individual if they renew/buy a season ticket. I don't expect people to tell me where I should do my weekly shopping and equally, I wouldn't dream of telling people where to spend their money on a Saturday afternoon.

If people want to buy season tickets that's up to them. If they don't, that's up to them as well.

Fair point Jacko.

My lad is 9 years old (10 in August) and is just starting to attend the odd match with his free season ticket. I can count on one hand the amount of games hes attended this season.

For me to get him a season ticket next season will cost me an additional £99.00 (Lorne Street) which I don't think will be used for every home match.

I understand that at 'the other end of the City' they offer free season tickets to young uns' which means they get that footballing bug from an early age....

I don't think my lad will get the bug next season so will not be renewing his season ticket.......I know that i'm just one dad but surely there are other parents/relatives out there who are trying to get there kids to go along and get them into the footballing way early on, which in my opinion, Vale do not grasp and try to help with.......

Some might think i'm a tight git as its 'only' £99.00 but on top of my season ticket (which I need to rush out and buy before the end of April if i'm to get that fantastic (????) discount) is a smack to my bank account if i'm being honest........Well done Vale, you've done it again!!!

I got my son a season ticket about three seasons ago and he did not attend however now at 13 I got him another one and he goes every week with his mates, about four of them all who have only just starting to go. I'm sure you son will be the same.

As for season tickets be honest we have known for years and years that at this time of year we need to think about paying for the following season. I dont hold with the number of posts on here moaning that the board have sprung this on them leaving them only one month to save for a season ticket. All those who are moaning can you in all honesty say that you did not know that this was coming?

I got my son a season ticket about three seasons ago and he did not attend however now at 13 I got him another one and he goes every week with his mates, about four of them all who have only just starting to go. I'm sure you son will be the same.

As for season tickets be honest we have known for years and years that at this time of year we need to think about paying for the following season. I dont hold with the number of posts on here moaning that the board have sprung this on them leaving them only one month to save for a season ticket. All those who are moaning can you in all honesty say that you did not know that this was coming?

Usually they give until the end of may, it makes no difference anyway most fans won't renew because they hate board and the others won't because of the lack of time to save.

After much thought and consideration my Dad and I have both signed the starve em out season ticket pledge. I dont want to hurt the club in such a way really but I know hitting them financially is the only way this board will listen, unfortunately all other avenues of protest are being ignored. My Dad and I discussed this on the way to Chesterfield yesterday and my Dad rightly said we need to stand by our principles now more than ever! I've also signed the home shirt pledge and I really want a new one as my last one got ruined in the wash whilst I was in India!!

I put my seat details on the pledge, I wonder if the club will give me a ring now?? I would find that quite exciting!!

Archived