onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who counted the gate?

old sage

I felt the paddock was particularly fuller than usual. Just goes to show that paying on the gate works and not having to visit the ticket office first.

There was a lot more in the Railway Stand than normal.I think there may be more in the ground on Saturday.

Advert

tbh , i thought approx 5500 but definitely not 5100. as has been suggested we have been duped on previous attendances with all s/t holders being counted in attendance figures , so it is difficult to judge. what i would suggest is that the pubs in burslem were busy for a night match and many faces that would not have been there were. my suggestion is that there were between 1000/1500 extra on the gate last night from what there would have been . another thing to bear in mind is that any stay away fans did not get confirmation of the admin (removal of old board) until late yesterday. i believe that saturdays gate could well be close to 6k which would be tremendous taking into the account that barnet will bring few.

I will be there saturday maybe with my 5yr old nephew, a bit of new blood. It is a bit wrong to talk about peoples commitment, theres not a lot of money floating about at the minute and to expect some people to pay to get in and put cash in a bucket twice within 3-4 days of each other is quite possibly a bit too much for some.

Lets see what saturday brings as i said i will definitely be there.

No, not questioning people's commitment, questioning why someone would wait for official news of admin before making the decision to go after everything thats go on. Hope your nephew enjoys it.

I thought just over 5K was about right last night.

It's hard to make comparisons as all ST holders had been included in previous counts. Hopefully last nights count was an honest count of those who attended. Given there was probably under 4,000 at previous home matches we are probably looking at about an extra 1200 on the gate. That is not bad considering the late notification of the admin details.

Hopefully we can add another 1,000 into the equation on Saturday.

I disagree. The Loren street wasn't anywhere near full. Bycars was as usual n the away support was woeful.

This who dint attend should be ashamed. It's made me wonder whether people say thy are part of SEO as an excuse cuz they don't really want to attend for other reasons otherwise they would have been there tonight.

I agree. I think there's a lot who say I'm not attending because of this, I'm not going till Billy Bells gone, the pies are cheaper etc. I've heard it all before. If you didn't go last night in Vale's hour of need (obviously genuine reasons and work commitments excused) you should be ashamed and don't really love the Vale.

I felt the gate was better than the 5200 announced but considering the pathetic away support for a side from our own county I won't argue with it (Mr. Lodey ;))

However, for those critical of it being a 'low gate', compare it to other L2 midweek attendances like the 5300 at Southend for a top of the table game against Crawley on Monday. There are plenty of L1 clubs who's gates are not as good as ours and that's with all the problems we've had.

We're the core support and there's a lot of people who will only come to watch a successful side. Our gates will rise as we 'rise from the ashes' and get a promotion side.

How many feel like me and my lads that tonight's attendance was way out.

We estimated close on 7,000.

I reckon it was either Billy Bell or LLoyd , Oliver and Deakin were on a turnstile each !!!!

The singing during the last 10 minutes was great and so was the much maligned Louis Dodds.

They even said on the radio that there was only 5500

Some on here were predicting 7-8,000 for the game so you have to say it was a poor crowd under the circumstances.

Some on here say that RW will be doing a concert at VP too, doesn't mean it will happen.

Not having a go at you TP, but there are posters and then there are posters who live in the real world.

7-8000 was never realistic, and I think under the circumstances, particularly as Burton could have come in a taxi, the crowd was half decent.

Im hoping we can get over 6000 on saturday but barnet arnt going bring many less than 100.I think the reason why our crowd didnt improve that much is for every starve em out supporter that came back there will be some fans that will have stopped away as we arnt in a fight for a play off place we are now in the lower half.

With respect they weren't in admin and rallying round to pump money into the club to help it survive. Some on here were predicting 7-8,000 for the game so you have to say it was a poor crowd under the circumstances.

Some on here stayed at home too:ohmy:

For a start, there should be an instant dropping of the 50p to make it £20.00 (which is already a ****** joke for 4th Division football).

There's a reason why shops charge £19.99 etc, and I'm sure I don't need to spell it out.

Thus, when you know you've got to hand over a £20 note and then some, it's quite possibly the difference between going and not going for some people.

As ever, just my opinion of course.

I agree. I think there's a lot who say I'm not attending because of this, I'm not going till Billy Bells gone, the pies are cheaper etc. I've heard it all before. If you didn't go last night in Vale's hour of need (obviously genuine reasons and work commitments excused) you should be ashamed and don't really love the Vale.

We've heard it all before - I'm not going till Bill Bell's gone, I'm not going until Glover's sacked, I'm not going until Bratt's gone etc etc. There are some on this board I am sure who have found an excuse not to go for the last 20 years but still call themselves Vale fans so they can moan about something.

Time to put or shut up concerning some of the vocal ones on this message board. 5200 looked a little bit light last night but it was pretty poor whatever, as it wasn't more than 6000.

If you didn't go last night or are not going saturday and have now run out of excuses not to go to Vale Park then I can point you in the direction of the Oatcake......

Archived