onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Who counted the gate?

old sage

Sorry Old Sage but I cannot see the point you are trying to make. As far as I am concerned the crowd was what it was. The Vale crowd appeared to me to be similar to that against Crewe last Tuesday. When you factor out the number of fans Crewe brought last week tonight's crowd seems about right.

Advert

From pitch-side it looked about right but given the last fifteen minutes with wonderful noise emanating round the stadium, it sounded like 10,000. Fantastic everyone. Proud also of the lad brave enough to sit in the Railway Paddock among the Vale fans in his Stoke away shirt. Respect for coming along that man.

Sorry Old Sage but I cannot see the point you are trying to make. As far as I am concerned the crowd was what it was. The Vale crowd appeared to me to be similar to that against Crewe last Tuesday. When you factor out the number of fans Crewe brought last week tonight's crowd seems about right.
The point that I am making is very simple the traffic around the ground was far more than previous games. The ammount of fans up in the Railway stand was far more than previous games that I have attended earlier in the year but the gate was slightly higher. So all I can think is that previous gates where calculated on ST figures issued and not on those that actually attended the matches.

It cripples me to say this but I bet MOLD were laughing there socks of at the attendance! Thinking "less than 5000 supporters in there time of need? We couldn't have been that bad afterall"!

HOWEVER; I believe Saturday will be the big one in terms of an increased attendance. Or am I being unrealistic?

It cripples me to say this but I bet MOLD were laughing there socks of at the attendance! Thinking "less than 5000 supporters in there time of need? We couldn't have been that bad afterall"!

HOWEVER; I believe Saturday will be the big one in terms of an increased attendance. Or am I being unrealistic?

Why would they laugh? Surely it makes their excuse that it's the protesting fans fault nonsense, especially as most of them were in the ground.

I did wonder when this thread would turn up. We had a good look around and there wasnt anymore there than the crewe game, just a few moved about really, Lorne Street was half empty, prob 50 more in the bycars and a few more in the top of the paddock. Away following was **** poor as well so 5200 isnt that bad really. A lot of fans wont come back until things on the pitch are right and theres a buzz about the place again. Next season will see a change with new owners, new shirts and new players. Thats when you will see the 6-7000 home crowds appear and no earlier i wouldnt imagine.

Dont forget a lot of fans who are hard up will now leave the games this season as we are effectively playing for nothing now with the deduction.

Tuesday night, the announcement was late in the day, people probably on noon/night shift that couldn't get the time off at short notice.

Think saturday will be the real telling day when people are not at work, I for one can't wait!!!

After everything we've been through i can't believe people would have waited for confirmation of administration before making the commitment to go and support the club they love whose players are playing for free.....

Was gutted by the attendance last night, genuinely thought there would be over 7k there, i now fear Sat won't be much different, surely got to get over 6K

After everything we've been through i can't believe people would have waited for confirmation of administration before making the commitment to go and support the club they love whose players are playing for free.....

Was gutted by the attendance last night, genuinely thought there would be over 7k there, i now fear Sat won't be much different, surely got to get over 6K

I will be there saturday maybe with my 5yr old nephew, a bit of new blood. It is a bit wrong to talk about peoples commitment, theres not a lot of money floating about at the minute and to expect some people to pay to get in and put cash in a bucket twice within 3-4 days of each other is quite possibly a bit too much for some.

Lets see what saturday brings as i said i will definitely be there.

Few weeks ago we had two gates of 4300

AFC Wimbledon and Plymouth - both had approx 400 away fans

Giving 3900 home fans and many people agreed that was pushing it

and probably included season ticket sales.

There were over a thousand more fans last night

Knock 900 Crewe fans off that gate and again it was similar to last night. I dont think it was far off to be fair.

Wish it was more, Hope it is more. WE NEED MORE TO SURVIVE

Archived