onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Northampton Town v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

4 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I’m not saying this was the reason we lost, but it’s a stupid comment that really didn’t need to be said. You can’t really deny that.

He literally just said in his history of being a manager his teams havent dont great on the first day of the season what should he have done lied and said yeah i always get my teams off to a cracking start. His comments had 0 impact on the result

8 minutes ago, valiant_593 said:

I’ve never heard of fans that would do that.  Suppose that’s englishs fans for you  

One thing I will say about some of our fans. After the game I went on the dreaded Facebook page and oh my. The comments on there were in general, send him back to Brazil, Clarke isn’t up to it, one I read is that he’s an arrogant clown. A couple of known posters on there reiterated that after 1 game the players are worse than last season, we should have kept brown and of course. Tom pope would have changed that game, If only we had treated him better. 

Im all for appropriate criticism as you know, we didn’t play well yesterday but reactions like that are laughable. Not even vale fans. 

Long season we will get better, I hope stone now impresses as it’s his shirt and hopefully covolan learns very quickly 

Some clowns on there. Interesting correlation with the same ones who defended Gorm. Thinking is really hard for one or two on there, I wouldn't take much notice. Clarke will be getting carried on their shoulders when we next win. 

7 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

I’m not saying this was the reason we lost, but it’s a stupid comment that really didn’t need to be said. You can’t really deny that.

I can.

The only stupid comment is the one that states it would have had an impact on the result. 

I cant really remember theo doing much. I know he did score though and hes score for other teams a few times.
Right? So after 1 game you've apparently decided that Wilson isn't going to score? Or you've forgotten just how many games Theo needed to score the limited goals that he did? You also realise that Wilson scored a lot more league goals than Theo last season?

Have you actually seen the Wilson chance? Ball was played at speed behind him when he was moving forward. He actually did well to get hold of it in the first place

1 minute ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Why?? I think that in itself is a stupid comment. It sets the tone. If you can’t see that then you are the moron.

It a matter of opinion I guess.

Yours is that the “writing was on the wall” from the moment DC made a throw away comment in the press without knowing anything of what was said behind closed doors.

Mine is that that is stupid.

3 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Why?? I think that in itself is a stupid comment. It sets the tone. If you can’t see that then you are the moron.

Do you think he would have given some other “tone setting” messages to the players during the week? Before the game? In his team talk?

Watch the Man City documentary “all or nothing”… Pep makes it clear to his players that they shouldn’t focus on what he says to the press, it’s what he says to them that matters.

Honestly mate, stop digging… you have made a silly comment after an emotional game which lacks some serious context.

As I say, it’s a matter of opinions, but if you stop and think about it in the cold light of day you will be able to realise how crazy it sounds.

2 minutes ago, Iron Curtain said:

It a matter of opinion I guess.

Yours is that the “writing was on the wall” from the moment DC made a throw away comment in the press without knowing anything of what was said behind closed doors.

Mine is that that is stupid.

The reason I said the “writing was on the wall” is because to me it’s almost an admission that the team wasn’t ready and it’s getting the excuses in early, that’s the concern. I HATE harping on to the past, but can you imagine Micky Adams coming out with something like that? Or even Askey?

2 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

The reason I said the “writing was on the wall” is because to me it’s almost an admission that the team wasn’t ready and it’s getting the excuses in early, that’s the concern. I HATE harping on to the past, but can you imagine Micky Adams coming out with something like that? Or even Askey?

How come he didn't use the excuse after the game in his post match interview if he was getting in early for these purposes

9 minutes ago, Biddulph_PV said:

Leave it there mate. 

I think you are overthinking a comment by a considerable distance.

The team talk next week will be delivered directly to the players… they won’t just get shown a video of an interview with Baggers.

Try and be positive… please. The club needs it after years of being a disaster zone.

Right? So after 1 game you've apparently decided that Wilson isn't going to score? Or you've forgotten just how many games Theo needed to score the limited goals that he did? You also realise that Wilson scored a lot more league goals than Theo last season?

Have you actually seen the Wilson chance? Ball was played at speed behind him when he was moving forward. He actually did well to get hold of it in the first place

No I havent decided Wilson isnt going to score at all. What an odd thing to say.

Yes I went the game and saw it live. I thought he should score.
I have seen it since on sky sports numerous times and still think he should score.

But he didnt. Does that mean I think he wont score ever? No. Dont be silly.

Does saying any old idiot pissed up in the away end could of scored mean that I dont think Wilson will score again? No. Dont be silly.

I just think he should of scored that chance.

He didnt. Ok. Is what it is.

I think you might think I rate Theo. Let's have it right, I absolutely ditest that dosser. I never wanted him back after his first spell and never want to see him in a vale shirt again. Absolute disgrace.

But to play devils advocate, yes Wilson scored more than Theo last year (hardly a achievement) but he is really going to have to get his finger out to score the goals we need to be top 7. Its expecting something hes never done before. We would need 20 from him, has he ever got 10? Hopefully playing a central role will benefit him.

I liked the look of proctor when he came on. For Sunderland I'd probably go with a front 3 of Rodney, Proctor and Worral and have Wilson as a option from the bench.

Archived