onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

S C Membership cards

Megavaliant

Advert

Come on now all this was/is an idea from a SC member.......Why all the fuss and back biting. I know for a fact John the Colonel is NOT trying to alienate fans.......:rolleyes:

Even though he is a miserable old t wat..........:razz:

I don't think anyone is 'back biting' Jimmy. The Colonel sugested something that apparently most aren't up for. Anyone has the right to reply just as The Colonel has the right to post his idea! :yes:

Just for the record I'd go with a 'no' to the idea. Open, honest and available to everyone....it's my opinion that we need to keep it that way. :yes:

Having enjoyed last nights meeting,I have been concerned that there were some people in attendance making notes of what was being discussed..........how do we know they are SC members ? I would like to suggest that membership cards be issued to us for a nominal fee say £2-00 pa which must be produced on arrival.

This not only provides some valuable cash to our club but keeps the so called stooges out...all our details are logged by the club so not too difficult to issue..what do you think ===

John,I noticed you were sitting on the same table as Steve Shaw and George Andrews,were they the ones making notes or were there others?:unsure:

colonel whilst i appreciate the sentiments i must disagree in regards attempting to make it a closed shop . infact i would go in the completely opposite direction and encourage all non pro sc vale fans to attend so we could openly discuss their concerns and attempt to win them over .

totally agree (as usual)

This is exactly what I mean when I say that the SC is being rolled in with OVF and as a result the wider fan base are steering clear of direct involvement. You are seen as internet trouble makers and the idea of membership cards to keep away "unwanted guests" further promotes that theory. You do not even have to post anything that is out and out supportive of the board and you all jump up and down, hammering away at your keyboards accusing people of being board members or having an agenda...

There is only one agenda at play here, and it is clearly self promotion of certain posters.

What on earth are you on about. The vast majority argued against the idea. Do you disagree with them and think the opening poster was correct? If not the you are just an Internet trouble maker looking for an argument that isn't there.

The basic idea of paying a subscription doesn't seem a bad idea to add funds for the SC. However it may then 'seem' the SC is elitest and it will not stop 'board stooges' joining anyhow.

There are many ways in which the SC could respectfully 'request' funds from members (or even non-members).

You could have a bucket collection at each meeting, run some sort of raffle, we already have the ability to 'donate' but are all fans aware of this, and the need for further funds.

I am sure there are many ways to add funds without offending people with direct requests ?

The basic idea of paying a subscription doesn't seem a bad idea to add funds for the SC. However it may then 'seem' the SC is elitest and it will not stop 'board stooges' joining anyhow.

There are many ways in which the SC could respectfully 'request' funds from members (or even non-members).

You could have a bucket collection at each meeting, run some sort of raffle, we already have the ability to 'donate' but are all fans aware of this, and the need for further funds.

I am sure there are many ways to add funds without offending people with direct requests ?

Correct, in fact there has been bucket collections at the last two meetings.

Archived