Our Morecambe preview is out now!

We cover the latest out of the club. Carol's attempts to get fans back in, COVID at Vale and an ex-loanee making a surprising move. Then it's in to the Morecambe match, should be a tough match. What do you think?

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts (Plus many more). Also here https://aleandthevale.podbean.com
Thought the Sproson criticism was a bit OTT fellas. We don't know what's gone on there, but I would be laying the blame at Forest's door. There would have been plenty of interest in Taylor in the summer, not least from us, but Forest pissed about with him. Clubs looked elsewhere and with the salary cap now in place, most will have used their allocated budget by this point. I suspect there were very few options left for him at this stage of the season, and Sproson has had to get him in where he can.
  • Like 2

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Episode 7 is out now!   Bezza's played a blinder and managed to get Carol Shanahan, Port Vale Chairwoman to come on for an extended chat! We cover many topics including:   - How sh

Hi Doha, we've talked to at least two players from that time (Including Carl) about coming on. All about finding a good time to sit down with them and have a chat! We've got one booked in and I think

We've reviewed the Crawley game! Kudos to Bez for saying Crawley were poor, he was spot on! Was it a pen/red card for the Smith incident? Stu, Bezza and Jonny discuss the incidents and the game, befor

1 hour ago, Smallthorne Dog said:
4 hours ago, stupers said:
Our Morecambe preview is out now!

We cover the latest out of the club. Carol's attempts to get fans back in, COVID at Vale and an ex-loanee making a surprising move. Then it's in to the Morecambe match, should be a tough match. What do you think?

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts (Plus many more). Also here https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

Thought the Sproson criticism was a bit OTT fellas. We don't know what's gone on there, but I would be laying the blame at Forest's door. There would have been plenty of interest in Taylor in the summer, not least from us, but Forest pissed about with him. Clubs looked elsewhere and with the salary cap now in place, most will have used their allocated budget by this point. I suspect there were very few options left for him at this stage of the season, and Sproson has had to get him in where he can.

As a player tied to a championship club where lets be honest he would be very lucky to break into their squad then it’s Sproson a job to get him a decent loan move. I think he’s tried to get Jake Taylor to play the waiting game, rejecting us earlier this year and hoping to get a better club and it’s backfired on him. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PV1973 said:

As a player tied to a championship club where lets be honest he would be very lucky to break into their squad then it’s Sproson a job to get him a decent loan move. I think he’s tried to get Jake Taylor to play the waiting game, rejecting us earlier this year and hoping to get a better club and it’s backfired on him. 

Spot on!Better the devil you know,comes to mind😁

Started the first episode on my break at work on Friday morning. Only managed 15 minutes or so. Audio was a bit off initially thanks to Bez sounding like he was talking through a Pringles tube from the opposite side of the room. Will definitely resume listening when I get the chance to do so.

Like what I've heard so far and I'm sure things will improve as the episodes go on and there is more scope for topics to discuss.

Keep up the good work lads. People don't realise how difficult it is to do something such as a podcast or radio summarising. Difficult task not to sound incredibly monotone, not to be iff'ing and arr'ing constantly, adding appropriate humour and keeping a flow to the discussions. 

@stupers I think your discussion in the last podcast about playing gibbo today and then resting him Tuesday goes out of the window as we don’t have anyone else who can play right back. So it wouldn’t surprise me to see him feature again which can’t be ideal. Big chance as well for some players to make a positive impression in the Wigan game after some of the individual performances today. 

1 hour ago, PV1973 said:

@stupers I think your discussion in the last podcast about playing gibbo today and then resting him Tuesday goes out of the window as we don’t have anyone else who can play right back. So it wouldn’t surprise me to see him feature again which can’t be ideal. Big chance as well for some players to make a positive impression in the Wigan game after some of the individual performances today. 

Suspect you're right. We really don't have anyone who can do role with Mills being injured.

The Wigan game is big Tuesday for some players, as discussed on the review episode I'm just about to release!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Started the first episode on my break at work on Friday morning. Only managed 15 minutes or so. Audio was a bit off initially thanks to Bez sounding like he was talking through a Pringles tube from the opposite side of the room. Will definitely resume listening when I get the chance to do so.

Like what I've heard so far and I'm sure things will improve as the episodes go on and there is more scope for topics to discuss.

Keep up the good work lads. People don't realise how difficult it is to do something such as a podcast or radio summarising. Difficult task not to sound incredibly monotone, not to be iff'ing and arr'ing constantly, adding appropriate humour and keeping a flow to the discussions. 

Thanks! The audio does get better. Bezza thought he could do the 1st one on his iPad. We got him sorted for the ones after that.

12 hours ago, stupers said:

The review of the Morecambe is up!

A disappointing afternoon where dominated possession but did little with it. How do we solve the creativity issues we currently have? Was it a penalty? We try and cover it all.

Nothing like the raw emotion of commenting on a game straight after the final whistle. It adds some extra spice to the podcast. When the dust has settled on a game it would be interesting to hear if anyone’s views have softened or changed. I know you don’t normally pay too much attention to the autopaintwinsdcreeen trophy, but Tuesdays game is big for some players. If those that didn’t feature yesterday don’t look at Tuesday as a chance to shine and force their way in then theres something wrong with them.  

On 04/10/2020 at 01:50, PV1973 said:

Nothing like the raw emotion of commenting on a game straight after the final whistle. It adds some extra spice to the podcast. When the dust has settled on a game it would be interesting to hear if anyone’s views have softened or changed. I know you don’t normally pay too much attention to the autopaintwinsdcreeen trophy, but Tuesdays game is big for some players. If those that didn’t feature yesterday don’t look at Tuesday as a chance to shine and force their way in then theres something wrong with them.  

I agree with you. I think we've softened a bit on Wozza. He played great 1st game, decent 2nd game and had 2 poor games since. But like most players, he needs good passes in to him at the right positions. There's no use giving him the ball 40 yards out on the right and asking him to do something. He's not that type of player. Make sure he's in a good position, get the ball in to him so he can make that yard of space he needs to whip a ball in. Burgess has, for me been anonymous in the 2 games he's played. I just haven't really noticed he's playing and you can't carry someone like that. I think he'll be dropped for Saturday. 

Tuesday is a big night for quite a few players to take their chance. I think it's an opportunity for players to show that they are ready to step up. Monty, in my opinion is the key to getting us going again. He's a big threat from the full-back position and can put pressure on the opposition from the left-back spot. I think the other things to work out are whether Woodhead can start, do we need more pace on the wing, and who starts up top in the middle. Could be an interesting game from that standpoint, I can't watch however as I'm at work!

29 minutes ago, stupers said:

I agree with you. I think we've softened a bit on Wozza. He played great 1st game, decent 2nd game and had 2 poor games since. But like most players, he needs good passes in to him at the right positions. There's no use giving him the ball 40 yards out on the right and asking him to do something. He's not that type of player. Make sure he's in a good position, get the ball in to him so he can make that yard of space he needs to whip a ball in. Burgess has, for me been anonymous in the 2 games he's played. I just haven't really noticed he's playing and you can't carry someone like that. I think he'll be dropped for Saturday. 

Tuesday is a big night for quite a few players to take their chance. I think it's an opportunity for players to show that they are ready to step up. Monty, in my opinion is the key to getting us going again. He's a big threat from the full-back position and can put pressure on the opposition from the left-back spot. I think the other things to work out are whether Woodhead can start, do we need more pace on the wing, and who starts up top in the middle. Could be an interesting game from that standpoint, I can't watch however as I'm at work!

Given that we’re playing pretty much Saturday Tuesday you could throw in an extra podcast on a Wednesday following the Tuesday game (time permitting of course). Just a quick half hour or less look at the game.

Also I know that the autopotdafwindscreen cup isn’t on your list of priorities but the poor performances of the last 2 weeks has potentially added something to be discussed afterward the wigan game to see how some players did. Whether you can fit that into the carlisle preview is another thing. 

Edited by PV1973

20 hours ago, PV1973 said:

Given that we’re playing pretty much Saturday Tuesday you could throw in an extra podcast on a Wednesday following the Tuesday game (time permitting of course). Just a quick half hour or less look at the game.

Also I know that the autopotdafwindscreen cup isn’t on your list of priorities but the poor performances of the last 2 weeks has potentially added something to be discussed afterward the wigan game to see how some players did. Whether you can fit that into the carlisle preview is another thing. 

I think there will be an extra pod for the league games in the week. But Bezza gets 30 seconds to review Trophy games and we're sticking to that! It's a principled stand based on the fact that none of us like the fact B teams are in the competition. Until the EFL take them out, we won't take it seriously. Two of us boycotted the Stoke game we feel so strongly about it.

I think however, we'll have a chat about the game in a bit more detail as part of the Carlisle preview. Mainly because any individual performances of note from Tuesday should impact the side on Saturday as I think we need to make changes to freshen it up a bit.

Jonny's been on holiday so we've recorded late this week. We meet our new sponsor @InplayMan to see whether he's got any tips for the Vale game at the weekend. Then we talk the Wigan game, Mitch Clark and the absurd B teams suggestion from some idiot at Manchester City. After all that, it's a Carlisle preview!

Please subscribe and pass on to your friends!

Available on Apple, Google and Spotify podcasts (Plus many more). Also here https://aleandthevale.podbean.com

And the review is out for Carlisle!

A strange formation change and lineup led to a strange game. Sitter from Rodney and a penalty miss, before Carlisle took control and won comfortably. We talk about how 4-4-2 affected the outcome, did anyone come out with any credit?

Please subscribe and pass on to your friends!

Another good couple of pods - cheers! Only Brown, Clark, Monty and Worrall and Crookes to an extent had OK games.

We played like when you turn on a match halfway through, think one team are struggling a bit and then realise that team has a man sent off and are playing with 10.

• Like 1