onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ben Williamson

mitchpvfc

Advert

Williamson will become a championship player at least.

Every time I have seen him, he has looked good, far better than Pope, who isnt going to improve and offers us nothing. What is it now 4 in 27 something like that, it is embarrassing, Pope has put a lot of effort in but has no quality at all. Unlike Williamson who I think has to play as much as possible, hasnt played enough games as of yet, agree though he will play at a much higher level.

I'm sorry but you guys must be looking at Williamson through very rose tinted glasses. When I have seen him he seems to run up blind alleys. He will be away shortly and I very much doubt that I will see him weaving any magic on future 'Match of the Day' programmes. I hope that I'm proved wrong but I doubt it.

If someone is so clearly more talented than his team mates he would stand out like a beacon especially in a team playing so badly as we are and quite simply he doesn't.

Williamson Has Started 6 games this season and has scored twice thats a 1 in 3 return compared to popeys 1 in 6 i no who i would rather have in my starting 11 stats dont lie !!

On a side note Rico has a 1 in 2 ratio !!

Sorry I meant pope has NOT been scoring. Serves me right for trying to post when I am supposed to be working

I'm sorry but you guys must be looking at Williamson through very rose tinted glasses. When I have seen him he seems to run up blind alleys. He will be away shortly and I very much doubt that I will see him weaving any magic on future 'Match of the Day' programmes. I hope that I'm proved wrong but I doubt it.

If someone is so clearly more talented than his team mates he would stand out like a beacon especially in a team playing so badly as we are and quite simply he doesn't.

Give the lad a chance. He's no worse than what we've got.

He wont be premiership quality, but he does have a great deal of potential, no harm in giving him a chance instead of pope.

Blind alleys?? All our players do that, as no one wants the ball passed to their feet! We have a team who all want to hide away. Ben Williamson is an intelligent footballer! He makes some fantastic runs off the ball if you watch him. He has a great 1st touch and can travel with the ball well. His finishing probably aint amazing but that will get better given the chance. He should be starting every game for me. He's to good to just sit on the bench

Ben Williamson is absurdly quick. Much faster than anyone else in the side. I remember when he came on at Barnet and his pace was faster than anyone else on the pitch by miles. Only trouble is, against the better teams in the division you need to be more creative and I think Pope is one of the few players capable of opening up sides across this division, even though his goalscoring has been bad. Mad as it sounds, I somehow feel sticking Williamson in front of Pope would somehow work. So many big, slow defenders in this division and if Pope can create the openings, Williamson could be what we need to run through them.

I would play Williamson for a couple of games because:

a) What we are doing at present isn't working - to start the next game with the strike force that played the other day would be unimaginative at best, desperat at worst.

b) Pope needs to be rested and used maybe as an impact player off the bench when teams are knackered and he isn't.

c) He has pace, which is an option we don't really have anywhere else in the side. I would like to see him play off a big striker and get in behind defences after Rico lays it off to him.

I can say i have my coaching badges upto Uefa B standard and i am also a football scout, so i think i can hold my own with my opinion

So why arent you finding good local talent to put in this Vale team?

And anyway, you cant coach real talent

So why arent you finding good local talent to put in this Vale team?

And anyway, you cant coach real talent

Mate I will be honest I have done this on 3 seperate occasions with local lads it all came tumbling down when offered the contract all 3 were between 21-24 with kids and a family and the wages vale were offering at the time was about half of what they were earning in there full time employment so they all decided against it which to be fair I dnt blame them

Archived