onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ben Williamson

mitchpvfc

You still do not surpass Adams, and I will, therefore, always prefer his footballing judgement.

So you would rather take the opinion of a manager who quite clearly does not really care, and who let a leading player in J Richards go at the beginning of the season to replace him with a CF who has scored 1 in 6 yeah brilliant management.

I think Micky Adams is average as a manager at best, for a long time he has been relying on Big Name syndrome he is not a manager for a club like us a club with no money everywhere he has been he has had money to spend with relevance to the league he has been managing in :- Brighton, Leicester, Coventry where he signed Birchall for £325,000.

He is past it and it shows 3 attempts on a rubbish budget with no return that is counting this season that is already written of.

I stand by my decision and Judgement of Micky Adams and i personally feel he is not the man for Port Vale but whilst he is the manager i will support him, As i will with Popey being a player when he is on the pitch i will support him but i still stand by my Judgement.

Advert

I wish there was a like button on this forum, i completely agree a 0.14 Goal Return for a Striker is appaling he has had his opportunity he has failed to deliver.

Im a local lad personally i think alot of fans views on a player like popey are done with rose tinted specs on its more the story around the player local lad vale fan oh he must be good at the end of the day he should be judged equally like every other player Popey is not good enough simple as that.

Spot on mate it really cheeses me off Justin Richards got slated so did Constantine. But Pope gets praised all the time because he can win an header or hold the ball up now and then. So what i can do that any person who has played football at any level can do that. My uncle is the manager of the knave at Chell he wouldn't make there bench.

So you would rather take the opinion of a manager who quite clearly does not really care, and who let a leading player in J Richards go at the beginning of the season to replace him with a CF who has scored 1 in 6 yeah brilliant management.

I think Micky Adams is average as a manager at best, for a long time he has been relying on Big Name syndrome he is not a manager for a club like us a club with no money everywhere he has been he has had money to spend with relevance to the league he has been managing in :- Brighton, Leicester, Coventry where he signed Birchall for £325,000.

He is past it and it shows 3 attempts on a rubbish budget with no return that is counting this season that is already written of.

I stand by my decision and Judgement of Micky Adams and i personally feel he is not the man for Port Vale but whilst he is the manager i will support him, As i will with Popey being a player when he is on the pitch i will support him but i still stand by my Judgement.

I did state in my opening comment that, with respect, you are entitled to your opinion.

I disagree with your thoughts about Adams, and despite what you think, Adams is more qualified than you. Fact.

I will always prefer his judgement over yours. So, show a little respect , and respect my opinion.

Spot on mate it really cheeses me off Justin Richards got slated so did Constantine. But Pope gets praised all the time because he can win an header or hold the ball up now and then. So what i can do that any person who has played football at any level can do that. My uncle is the manager of the knave at Chell he wouldn't make there bench.

Who Joey i run the Barrel Fc in Smallthorne

I did state in my opening comment that, with respect, you are entitled to your opinion.

I disagree with your thoughts about Adams, and despite what you think, Adams is more qualified than you. Fact.

I will always prefer his judgement over yours. So, show a little respect , and respect my opinion.

I do Respect your opinion as everyone elses on this forum but with regards to qualifications i think you will find me and Micky Adams have exactly the same when it comes to coaching.

I think you will find Micky as of yet has failed to do his Uefa A licence

Williamson deserves a chance and a run in the team. Playing Pope up front obviously isn't working and our pattern of play is too predictable. Our tactics need to change as it seems at the minute a Sunday league outfit could out fox us.

Williamson will be a very good player in the future and seems to be a bit of an all rounder. I have actually been impressed when i have seen him.

I think he's a far better option than Pope. I think that's a bit harsh as Pope has been very poor lately.

You could be right BE but then I don't think Popey is the answer either.I'm not convinced by Williamson,a run in the team may change my mind but I don't think he will get it unless Rico goes.My thoughts of course.

I said on here after the Hereford comeback that Adams may have stumbled into the way forward for us. The triple substitution (involving a change of style) totally changed the game.

However, Adams reverted to the "hit it towards Pope's head" tactic thereafter which, as has been said, is easily prepared for by watching scouts.

I see potential in Williamson: pace and intelligent movement. Two qualities which Pope does not possess, with all due respect to him.

He may well be a Vale fan but this has proved to be his shield against criticism. It's time for him to be replaced with Williamson for an extended run in the team, in my view. Let's make the opposition think, for a change.

In fact, Steve Davis is looking for a targetman as a Plan B up at Crewe. Pope would be ideal for him.

I do Respect your opinion as everyone elses on this forum but with regards to qualifications i think you will find me and Micky Adams have exactly the same when it comes to coaching.

I think you will find Micky as of yet has failed to do his Uefa A licence

Good luck with your future job applications then ;)

I must admit, I haven't really thought about Williamson in a while and I do like Pope for his assists, whereas Richards is a shoe in for his goals.

It's a close call but I think I could live with Wiilliamson getting a few starts in a row just to shake things up a bit. There's also an argument for only using Richards 60 mins per game in order to keep his dodgy ankle sweet.

Archived