onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Ben Williamson

mitchpvfc

Advert

Pope has been scoring and Williamson has yet to prove himself whereas Richards is a proven goal scorer.

Williamson's and Richards goals ratio are far better and their partnership looked really promising in pre-season. Now they are both fit they must be given a prolonged run together.

Pope's record is 4 in 29 games this season, just worse than a goal every 7 games which is as stated particularly poor however the main problem for me is that it's all too easy for his team mates to be completely 1 dimensional and simply lump it to his head which makes us very easy to read. His inclusion and Richards (who simply must play) also makes us exceptionally slow and makes waddlers like the two Cheltenham centre-backs look like Usain Bolt. Pope as an alternative on the bench would be a good alternative to change or close games.

Aside from Lee Collins and Rob Taylor (the poorest player in our squad presently for me) we have absolutely no pace whatsoever which for me is highly embarrassing in a professional team. Defensively it's a wonder to me that we don't concede far more goals than we do given the flat footed nature of Yates, McCombe, Owen, McDonald etc.

Willi

Mate I will be honest I have done this on 3 seperate occasions with local lads it all came tumbling down when offered the contract all 3 were between 21-24 with kids and a family and the wages vale were offering at the time was about half of what they were earning in there full time employment so they all decided against it which to be fair I dnt blame them

Jesus wept what were they?Astronauts?:ohmy:

Pope offers nothing and neither does Williamson 2 very poor players who ply their trade one grade higher than being semi pro, a bit like most of the squad. Those who are crying out for Williamson to start will be sorely disappointed if he does

I dont think im daft enough to pay almosty £5,000 to do the ****** things, and your incorrect not everyone can become a football scout.

I didnt say everyone could become a football scout- show me where that comment was made.

I said you cant coach real talent. Not exactly the same thing:unsure:

Ben Williamson is absurdly quick. Much faster than anyone else in the side. I remember when he came on at Barnet and his pace was faster than anyone else on the pitch by miles. Only trouble is, against the better teams in the division you need to be more creative and I think Pope is one of the few players capable of opening up sides across this division, even though his goalscoring has been bad. Mad as it sounds, I somehow feel sticking Williamson in front of Pope would somehow work. So many big, slow defenders in this division and if Pope can create the openings, Williamson could be what we need to run through them.

Pope opening sides up you serious?

Archived