onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Hereford 1, Vale 2 - Post Match comments

valiant_593

IMHO i think we are not quite there in terms of the team. However adding Shuker, Madjo, Chilvers and Williams to the squad for the run in and we dont look any worse on paper than Burton , Rotherham, Gills etc.. around us. If we hang onto their coat tails with 3 games to go and get a run together we might just sneak it. Failing that winning every game between now and end of the season should see us go up automatically:shutup:

Last two games are bliddy difficult - Swindon and Oxford.

Advert

We're beating the teams we should beat at the moment, we'll know more after Cheltenham, Southend, Shrewsbury, Crewe.

I fancy us to sneak a playoff place but I worry there'll be a huge spanner in the works off the pitch, whether that's better or not for the club in the long term it'll throw away this season.

Last two games are bliddy difficult - Swindon and Oxford.

If we're still up there that is when the lads will need to show some serious character. One game at a time though, and today was a good start, made my christmas that comeback has.:cool:

Woeful first half which would not have looked out of place on a parks pitch of a Sunday morning. Bit better second half until we gave away a daft goal. Improved a lot when the three subs came on. Yates took his goal really well. I thought the pen was a bit soft but the ref would have probably given it at the other end so I won't complain!

A good win which was not witnessed by any of our Board of Directors. What sort of image of our club do you think that presents in the home Board Room?

How many points from the bottom 2 are we? We need to be realistic, keep these wins coming and dream of the play-offs... but we all know admin will come knocking and we need these points to stay up. :(

We've got 35 points, bottom three are all on 17.

Today was a case of taking the points and running as fast as we could! the term 'daylight robbery' springs to mind. Did not play well apart from a short spell after they scored. They looked more likely to score in the 1st half, and we hung on desperately after we had nicked the lead, especially in the last 5/10 mins and injury time.

Still, as people will no doubt comment, it's the points that count, not the performance.

Interesting stat.

We've got 35 points this season.

25 of those were taken from teams currently in the bottom ten.

4 were taken from teams currently in the top ten (4 draws).

If we don't go into administration and we intend to push on to the play offs, we will need to win some big six pointers in the second half of the season.

Just got back. Poor, poor first half. Although their goal was well taken to me it was McCombe's fault as he let the ball bounce instead of getting rid of it.

1st 10 minutes were positive then for the next 50 odd minutes we looked very lethargic. We did not seem to have a clue as to how to break them down until Adams made the triple substitution, then we looked more positive going forward which eventually ended with Yatesy's goal.

The penalty was a little iffy if I'm being honest but we have had stone wallers not given for us at VP, while others which were very dubious given against us so this one kind of balances it out.

I dont think we particuarly deserved to win today as a draw was more of a fair result but they were very poor and so were we but credit to the boys we brought home the 3 points which is the important thing.

Decent result in the end. Hereford are a poor poor side but we were equally poor during the middle portion of the game.

Notable mentions go to Griff who was the best player on the pitch for the first half hour despite gaining a silly booking for himself and then fading late on. Rico was superb when he came on, everything decent we did came through him for the last half hour and although he should have scored a header he stuck the penalty away well. Loft also came into it very well in the latter parts of the game.

Rob Taylor was poor although the horrendous pitch didnt encourage anyone to play any football!

The penalty was probably a bit soft but of the 2 sides i would say we were SLIGHTLY more deserving of the 3 points. Hereford are a poor side who just lump it to the fat facey and his French mate.

Happy with the 3 points and nice to see all the squad and staff come over to applaude the fans at the end.

Up the Vale

1st half was totally forgettable non league kick and rush stuff. Their goal was a cracking shot but those around me felt Boom was at fault. I missed the build up due to the numerous concrete pillars. Their tall lads (Pell and featherstone?) were holding, pulling and fouling all game. Popey was being embraced so much he could hardly move. The triple sub really changed the game. Risky, but it worked. Yatesy's industry in getting forward was rewarded with a rebound in the box that he finished clinically. Rico's pen was class. Dunno if it was a pen, but we'll take it ta, after an otherwise inept reffing display.

Nice to drive home a lot happier than going there. ===

PS - Grifff was MOTM 4 me, MW close second.

Archived