onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Hereford 1, Vale 2 - Post Match comments

valiant_593

A good win which was not witnessed by any of our Board of Directors. What sort of image of our club do you think that presents in the home Board Room?

A similar sort of image to that of when the same directors fail to turn up at VP(home turf).Or IF they do they disappear before the final whistle.

Advert

Griff, immense. Tommo, woeful. Standard, rubbish. Hereford, dump. 3 points, beautiful.

Beer time.

Harsh to blame Tommo for the goal if that's why you stated above.

McConbe and Yates are also culpable as McCombe should have dealt with it and Yates wasn't tight enough to his player.

He did scare me a couple of times today though.

Although their goal was well taken to me it was McCombe's fault as he let the ball bounce instead of getting rid of it.

I agree with that. McCombe's really gone off the boil this season compared to last for some unknown reason. He almost gave away a second goal today through dithering about in the second half and losing it just outside the area. I wish he could get back to form, hopefully he will.

I thought the penalty was a cert. I had a good view of it and Myrie-Williams was clearly tripped.

The result was a touch harsh on Hereford but they're woeful in front of goal and poor at the back, if it weren't for the ref ignoring their back four using Pope & Madjo as climbing frames we would have had about 25 free kicks in and around their area.

Overall 3 well earned points.

Without Griff today we'd have gone down by 2 or 3. I'm not always Griff's biggest fan as I feel his lack of technical ability hinders us at times. However today he won his challenges, worked like a trojan and kept it simple.

Myrie-Williams faded in and out the game but at times looked a class above. Biggest disappointment today was Madjo who looked way out of his depth. First touch was awful, looked sluggish and never looked like getting a shot away never mind a goal.

Can I just ask a simple question, no harm intended, I've just noticed something on here, that I hope someone can answer.

But 9 out of 10 times when we win, it's either because 'we rode our luck' or because the other team was 'woeful'.

It's almost never because Vale did well or kept grinding. Can't people just try to look at the positives? Take this match for instance. We've just won there for the first time since 1983 (I read somewhere on here), and still Hereford were a terrible team and we were very lucky. Not saying we were not, as I wasn't there to see it, but how about focusing on the positive instead? 3 points in a place we haven't won in 18 years!

Hope people know where I'm coming from with this...

Can I just ask a simple question, no harm intended, I've just noticed something on here, that I hope someone can answer.

But 9 out of 10 times when we win, it's either because 'we rode our luck' or because the other team was 'woeful'.

It's almost never because Vale did well or kept grinding. Can't people just try to look at the positives? Take this match for instance. We've just won there for the first time since 1983 (I read somewhere on here), and still Hereford were a terrible team and we were very lucky. Not saying we were not, as I wasn't there to see it, but how about focusing on the positive instead? 3 points in a place we haven't won in 18 years!

Hope people know where I'm coming from with this...

We weren't that bad today and Hereford weren't that bad either. It was a real end to end game at times. Little quality but we worked hard and limited Hereford to long shots. Our problem was simply that we didn't quite get into our passing game for any length of time, particularly first half. But once we made the subs we looked much the better side and Hereford couldn't complain about losing as Williamson should have made it 3-1 never mind just 2-1.

Cullerton said we edged the game without getting out of 2nd gear....not sure if that was a fair assessment or not?

We were poor / they were poor. After the triple sub we were less poor. There was lots of effort but little quality. We won, just. And the pitch was a mess. 2nd gear in an old XR3 can beat 2nd gear in an austin 7, OK. No Aston Martins to be seen tho.

Archived