onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

January window

darren1810

Advert

The squad isn’t horrid at all, we have some really good players but they need managing properly especially at home. Any team who only loses 2 out of last 12 away has something so we need to find the recipe at home. Too many on here trolling about Smurthwaite instead of supporting the players! Yes Smurthwaite needs to go sooner rather than later but all the crap on here isn’t helping the players or our club. Including the 10 or 12 usual people on here spitting vitriol about Smurthwaite and a few at Supporters club meeting there are 3500 who just want us to get up the table a bit then think about how we get rid of Smurthwaite. Throw him out without a genuine replacement and we will be dead as a club!
This is exactly what I mean about the divide in fans. "Spitting vitriol" you say? Grow up mate. I post my opinion and try not to abuse fellow fans. Having watched this Club home and away for over 30 years I say what I see. Under the current custodian I honestly see nothing favourable or promising for the future. I accept you are prepared to put up with Abnorm. I want him out asap and you are right I don't know who can replace him but that does not prevent me from having my say and protesting against his presence.

Paul Anderson was released by Mansfield yesterday , he’s a winger can play on either flank experienced at 30 and can score the odd goal .free agent and I know he isn’t a striker but would help us in the final 3rd

Have you sent a tweet to Smurthwaite to inform him of this?

Paul Anderson was released by Mansfield yesterday , he’s a winger can play on either flank experienced at 30 and can score the odd goal .free agent and I know he isn’t a striker but would help us in the final 3rd

I know of Paul quite well as he is from the same Leicestershire town as me and went school with my sister...

I actually recommended him to Martin Foyle when he was at Liverpool as a loan option (Vale did that recommend a player thing at the time)but Vale felt he was too weak... went to Swansea instead and won the league with them before his move to Forest.

He has had a lot of injuries and was on big money at Mansfield but would be a decent addition on our big pitch. Its if he would take the pay cut but after not working out at Mansfield I guess his options are far less.

This is exactly what I mean about the divide in fans. "Spitting vitriol" you say? Grow up mate. I post my opinion and try not to abuse fellow fans. Having watched this Club home and away for over 30 years I say what I see. Under the current custodian I honestly see nothing favourable or promising for the future. I accept you are prepared to put up with Abnorm. I want him out asap and you are right I don't know who can replace him but that does not prevent me from having my say and protesting against his presence.

Grow up! Supported Vale since 1959! Just seen Norman’s statement and he is right he shouldn’t be subject to threats of any description. He is also right that on this media platform for sure that the hatred is just too much, the so called supporters on here are damaging the club and the playing staff worse than he is! Yes I want him to sell and get out of Vale and I would help with protests, but these need to be fair, considered and not when we are trying to win a game. Football is important but it’s not life or death so yes peaceful protest but cut out the hatred shared by a few on here who think they can troll anything they like. When Vale are playing 90 minutes I am with the team, before or after the game then ok would protest with anyone else. However, shouting you “fat barsteward” won’t work!

Couple of new additions to the squad, and we've kept whitfield. Both Crookes and elliot were considered below average by a lot of people before they had seen them play. Both look potentially very good. A free weekend to help bed in the new comers and hopefully time to appoint a manager. Lets give the new lads our full backing, and the new manager, whoever it is.

Grow up! Supported Vale since 1959! Just seen Norman’s statement and he is right he shouldn’t be subject to threats of any description. He is also right that on this media platform for sure that the hatred is just too much, the so called supporters on here are damaging the club and the playing staff worse than he is! Yes I want him to sell and get out of Vale and I would help with protests, but these need to be fair, considered and not when we are trying to win a game. Football is important but it’s not life or death so yes peaceful protest but cut out the hatred shared by a few on here who think they can troll anything they like. When Vale are playing 90 minutes I am with the team, before or after the game then ok would protest with anyone else. However, shouting you “fat barsteward” won’t work!

I think Norman is doing a fine job of damaging the club without the help of the supporters. We must have him rattled to get someone to write a statement like that.

Couple of new additions to the squad, and we've kept whitfield. Both Crookes and elliot were considered below average by a lot of people before they had seen them play. Both look potentially very good. A free weekend to help bed in the new comers and hopefully time to appoint a manager. Lets give the new lads our full backing, and the new manager, whoever it is.

I like your optimism but we have no quality in the squad apart from the goalkeeper and a few others.

Outs

Dodds - did nothing, sorry mate

Hardcastle - seemed fine as a squad player but can understand why parent club might want him back as he wasn't give chance to play

Quigley - better suited to Blackpool Beach than a football pitch

Kanu - Headless chicken but he could have been helpful

Ins

Danny Elliot - chancer

Crookes - seems decent

Harris - won't score many goals but hes a good addition

Edser - who knows

Howkins - good signing

Whealan - who knows

Trickett-Smith - For the future

What we needed ; Goalscorer, Creative Midfielder, Left Back

What we got - chancers up front, defensive midfielders and two centre backs

We have strengthed the squad, but not in the right areas. It could have been a lot worse if we had sold Legge and Whitfield but it should have been a lot better if we had 400k to spend I would estimate were paying a very similar ammount on wages than we were on Dec 31st (having lost Barnett officially too)

Archived