onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

You lose most of your credibility - if you ever had any? - because you only pop up when we've lost or played badly. Nobody has ever said Aspo is the new Pep - nobody is as stupid as you! You go from absent to arrogant and hysterical in no time flat - there is no build up...no rational and logical argument, with well-thought out postulations, just straight into screech mode! Although I suppose somebody has to be village idiot?

Just out of interest ... which bits of his post do you disagree with?

Advert

Can’t understand Aspins team selection.

Left Gibbons and Kanu out of the squad but Quigley and Dodds make the squad.With Montano injured he needed a wing back on the bench.Everyone could see last week the difference when he replaced useless Dodds with Miller.

But Millar didn’t start again but today livened up the forwards and got the penalty we scored from.

We need wingers like Kanu to put crosses in not just keep hoofing it up to Pope.How can he justify playing Worrall every week.Aspin is so predictable with his tactics starting so negatively the doesn’t change it until we are losing.

I sometimes wonder if I've been at the same game as many of the posters on here. And then I remember that most of them haven't been there so that explains it.

Firstly, I heard callers to Radio Stoke talking about how we had started slowly again today. No we didn't. We could quite easily have been in the lead before they scored after Conlon had a very good shot saved by the keeper's legs and Whitfield and Pope skewed the follow ups. Then Pope himself had a header wide. Yes the goal we conceded was poor but that was fifteen minutes into the game after we had had the better chances.

I said at half time that you could have put me in goal for Vale and it would still only have been 1-0 because I honsetly couldn't remember a single effort they had had on goal apart from that header.

We get a draw away at one of only tree unbeaten teams in our league who had just scored seven goals in their last two games and folk on here seem dissatisfied because we didn't play like Barcelona. FGR are a better team than they were last season yet we lost down there in January and were considerably more useless than we were today.

Aspin is not the best appointment we could have made but he's probably the only one who was prepared to come for the sort of salary on offer. Live with it because in contrast to FGR, we have an owner to has no emotional commitment to the club at all.

I sometimes wonder if I've been at the same game as many of the posters on here. And then I remember that most of them haven't been there so that explains it.

Firstly, I heard callers to Radio Stoke talking about how we had started slowly again today. No we didn't. We could quite easily have been in the lead before they scored after Conlon had a very good shot saved by the keeper's legs and Whitfield and Pope skewed the follow ups. Then Pope himself had a header wide. Yes the goal we conceded was poor but that was fifteen minutes into the game after we had had the better chances.

I said at half time that you could have put me in goal for Vale and it would still only have been 1-0 because I honsetly couldn't remember a single effort they had had on goal apart from that header.

We get a draw away at one of only tree unbeaten teams in our league who had just scored seven goals in their last two games and folk on here seem dissatisfied because we didn't play like Barcelona. FGR are a better team than they were last season yet we lost down there in January and were considerably more useless than we were today.

Aspin is not the best appointment we could have made but he's probably the only one who was prepared to come for the sort of salary on offer. Live with it because in contrast to FGR, we have an owner to has no emotional commitment to the club at all.

Nice one Jacko

I was waiting fir Jacko to give her opinion.

Usual sort of awful away effort, although we had 20 mins in the 2nd half when we looked the better team. However I would argue that this performance showed we have some good players. Olyeke was brilliant, which was a nice surprise as I had seen two dreadful away efforts from him earlier this season.

Hannant was rather dreadful and nobody could get any service to Pope. The commentary was really unfair on him as they jibed that Pope’s own crosses were serving his team mates badly and he’d complain if it was him! True but why was Pope having to battle to create opportunities? Reason, he wasn’t getting any from his supply line.

Generally though we looked disjointed and unbalanced. The poor 1st half was due to too many changes once again and I would say that Aspin needs to pick his best, most experienced team and stick with that. Why no Legge for example? Was he injured? I saw no reason to drop him?

Maybe people ringing up with negative comments listened to the Radio Stoke commentary and Ray Williams in particular criticising the Vales style and approach to the game compared to FGR's considered build up.

Maybe people ringing up with negative comments listened to the Radio Stoke commentary and Ray Williams in particular criticising the Vales style and approach to the game compared to FGR's considered build up.

Ray Williams takes miserable pills before every game. It's a well known fact! If you listen to what he said at the end of the game he was much more positive about Vale.

So ... sum all of that into one line please

Ray Williams takes miserable pills before every game. It's a well known fact! If you listen to what he said at the end of the game he was much more positive about Vale.

I know that, but anyone listening to Williams would have had a different perspective to you,listeners get the flavour of the game from the radio and hence the phone calls you talk about.

Archived