onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread - Forest Green Rovers v Port Vale

Fosse69

Advert

The main problem with the Club is clear as day we need wingers to provide our main man with crosses. Then you would see the net bulging with Tom's headers every week and Miller and Whitfield would bag their share as well.

Surely there must be somebody out there who can put in a decent cross because as sure as day Worrall clearly can't.

Thought he played pretty well in the 2nd, 3rd & 4th & the last 2 .. only player to get me excited. Are you saying the guy he scored 40 a couple of years ago should be used as a super sub?
No that wasn't my point at all. I was making the point that when he was starting people were moaning that he wasn't scoring and now he's not starting people are moaning that he should be starting.

In any event, the fact that he scored 40 2 years ago doesn't make a jot of difference to whether he should be in the team now.

For the record, I like miller and want him in the team, but only if he earns it, like anybody

No that wasn't my point at all. I was making the point that when he was starting people were moaning that he wasn't scoring and now he's not starting people are moaning that he should be starting.

In any event, the fact that he scored 40 2 years ago doesn't make a jot of difference to whether he should be in the team now.

For the record, I like miller and want him in the team, but only if he earns it, like anybody

Ok, so we agree then. He should be starting?

The main problem with the Club is clear as day we need wingers to provide our main man with crosses. Then you would see the net bulging with Tom's headers every week and Miller and Whitfield would bag their share as well.

Surely there must be somebody out there who can put in a decent cross because as sure as day Worrall clearly can't.

I get that, but you don’t win games if you can’t defend, that’s the whole team and not just the back four/3 or square pegs in round holes at left back.

We are conceding way too many goals and it’s coming from a lack of desire, to close players down. There seems to be a mentality in the team that if the opposition is not in the box they can’t score - this must come from the coaching.

What the team needs is someone to motivate them to play as a team, you could visibly see how frustrated Pope was, for large parts of the game. They don’t all have the same belief, desire, attitude to win.

I’m getting tired of watching the drivel that is being served up, I lost count on the amount of times a vale player had time to bring the ball down and play, but instead they choose to head/hoof it - there’s a complete lack of confidence throughout the team on the pitch, hoof-ball is steadily becoming our style of play, that’s because players don’t want to take accountability, nervous/fearful in case they lose it - that’s my view anyway.

Something has to change soon, there is no way this can carry on for much longer.

Aspin has very little by way of game plan, in my view, that’s why the team are so slow to start. They are finding there way into games, rather than coming into them fully prepared with a plan.

In the non-league you can get away with that, because clubs don’t have the resources, but league football is very different.

UTV

After his last 2 sub appearances, yes. The onus is then on him to play like he has from the bench for 90 mins

Phew!!! Pretty simple really .. Miller should have started up front .. Hannant stayed wide not wing back .. with Kanu on bench .. Whitfield should have played Worralls position

According to the BBC stats we had more shots than FGR with more on target and more corners. Not sure if that's accurate or not?

We're not happy with how things are going but at least we didn't lose away again. Notts County fans must really think the wheels have come off, they got hammered 5-1 at Exeter. Seems chucking money at it isn't the simple answer some think it is but anyone who's been watching football for a few decades knows that. If we're to move forwards it's all about how the club is run from top to bottom, Accy Stanley are a great example of that in recent years.

Comeback of the day is Blackpool, two down with 6 minutes left & won 3-2. Bet Bradford fans are ecstatic!

Looked at those stats at the end and thought we haven't done too bad. FGR have a very healthy budget despite their low gates. Difference is they have a very progressive and proactive owner. If only ours was the same.

My first game of the season and thought we were poor matched by another poor team. 2 center halves were shocking, looking the biggest threat for FGR, Hannant is clearly not a left back and Clark saved us on a number of occasions. Joyce was poor and didn’t look interested but helped by our best player on the day, Oyeleke. Worst player on the pitch and I rate him as a player was Worrall who despite Aspin thinking he is a winger just cannot cross a ball. The difference between the two teams was clear to see that FGR had a system and every player knew their role, the Vale players just did not know what to do when they had the ball or who to close down when they didn’t. On the positives, Aspin was bang on with his subs plus I didn’t see too much of the long ball to Pope.

My first game of the season and thought we were poor matched by another poor team. 2 center halves were shocking, looking the biggest threat for FGR, Hannant is clearly not a left back and Clark saved us on a number of occasions. Joyce was poor and didn’t look interested but helped by our best player on the day, Oyeleke. Worst player on the pitch and I rate him as a player was Worrall who despite Aspin thinking he is a winger just cannot cross a ball. The difference between the two teams was clear to see that FGR had a system and every player knew their role, the Vale players just did not know what to do when they had the ball or who to close down when they didn’t. On the positives, Aspin was bang on with his subs plus I didn’t see too much of the long ball to Pope.

Maybe not bang on with subs ... more bang off with starting 11??

Archived