onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Stoke vs Leeds

Doha

Advert

One game , like Swallows doesn't make a season. However whilst Vales performance was encouraging Stoke certainly sounded lacklustre on the radio. I think too many Stoke fans assumed they would automatically get promoted and many thought they would top the league. Welcome to reality as a Leeds team who have consistently failed to get out of the Championship put Stoke to the sword. It could well be that Stoke have just lost to the potential champions of this league or they could have lost to a perennial underperforming Leeds team. Time will tell.

I think it's a bit premature to be hailing Stoke as the next Sunderland. Equally though, yesterday's performance showed that they may struggle more than a lot of commentators thought they would.

They finished in the bottom three last season for a reason. That reason appears not to have gone away.

Watched a bit yesterday and what I saw they weren’t anything special at all. They’ve signed a few decent players and might take a few weeks get going and they’ll be in the top 6 for certain and I still expect to them over the season to beat teams easy with the side they’ve got and to be honest I still they’ll win the league comfortably.

Great result.

They will be back to 12,000 crowds come January, climbing up the stands trying to attack the Coates and wallowing in their own self pity come May.

Get in.

I’m rather hoping for the 4,500 odd they got against Norwich in the last home game of their wonderful relegation season of 84/5 !

As Jim Royle would say “loyal my arse”

Great result.

They will be back to 12,000 crowds come January, climbing up the stands trying to attack the Coates and wallowing in their own self pity come May.

Get in.

Trouble is they report on tickets sold (or given away)so always looks near enough a sell out when thousands turn up. Will never know exactly how empty the stadium is becoming.

I’m rather hoping for the 4,500 odd they got against Norwich in the last home game of their wonderful relegation season of 84/5 !

As Jim Royle would say “loyal my arse”

I was there for their last relegation from the top flight before last season. I think there was about 10000 there with about 2500 Coventry fans.

Watched a bit yesterday and what I saw they weren’t anything special at all. They’ve signed a few decent players and might take a few weeks get going and they’ll be in the top 6 for certain and I still expect to them over the season to beat teams easy with the side they’ve got and to be honest I still they’ll win the league comfortably.

Completely disagree,in fact to say they'll win the league comfortably is ridiculous.

Not a chance.

Stoke are in free fall. Sunday’s performance showed that they are STILL the poor side they were last season.

The Prize Bully’s may accept losing to Leeds, but a home defeat to “little old Brentford” may be harder to swallow.

It would be nice to hear boo’s all around the FAT 365 at this early stage ! Maybe even scarves discarded onto the pitch, abuse aimed at the odious Coates etc etc !

Well, you never know !

Stoke are in free fall. Sunday’s performance showed that they are STILL the poor side they were last season.

The Prize Bully’s may accept losing to Leeds, but a home defeat to “little old Brentford” may be harder to swallow.

It would be nice to hear boo’s all around the FAT 365 at this early stage ! Maybe even scarves discarded onto the pitch, abuse aimed at the odious Coates etc etc !

Well, you never know !

Aup RR, it's not good to bottle up your feelings about Stoke City. Be brave for once and tell us exactly how you feel :razz:

Archived