onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

10 Game ticket

Advert

Just more expensive.

What, by £20 (based on a presumption that the lady in question is 18-21, wants to sit in the Lorne Street, and her old man can get her a ticket prior to match day for the games she decides to attend, and attends 10 games)?

My daughter goes to uni in September so a 10 game ticket would have been ideal. She has had a season ticket with me and her grandad in the lorne street for a good few years now so won't be going in the bycars on her own. We'll done Vale, she probably won't go at all now

This is the main point for adults I think. If I could only attend a few games why would I buy a ten game season ticket for the bycars when my mates sit in the Lorne st?

The offer is not aimed at fans like that anymore. The club seem to be doing this purely as an exercise to try and get more people in the Bycars and for the rest they probably think "**** it those fans in that predicament will have to pay for a full price ticket anyway in that case".

I've never understood the fascination with 10 match tickets anyway. They only make sense if you know you're only going to attend exactly 10 games, or are disciplined enough to only attend exactly 10 games. If you go to any less, even 1 less, you are hardly saving anything based on the early bird matchday tickets, and if you go to just 1 more you have to pay the full admission price for that extra game, again making any saving negligble

What, by £20 (based on a presumption that the lady in question is 18-21, wants to sit in the Lorne Street, and her old man can get her a ticket prior to match day for the games she decides to attend, and attends 10 games)?
£20 Is nowt when you have it to spend a kings ransom when you don't.

About 3 days pay for farm hands in Thailand now or 1 hour for me nearly 30 years ago

I've never understood the fascination with 10 match tickets anyway. They only make sense if you know you're only going to attend exactly 10 games, or are disciplined enough to only attend exactly 10 games. If you go to any less, even 1 less, you are hardly saving anything based on the early bird matchday tickets, and if you go to just 1 more you have to pay the full admission price for that extra game, again making any saving negligble
It could simply be the choice or the freedom to choose

Some people might work one saturday in every month? In that case ten games might be enough to cover the ones they can attend. If not they'll have to pay on the day for some or maybe even pass their ticket on to someone else.

So I take it the 'marketing' guy that just got fired was responsible for this dumb decision. Shame the Vale aren't more clear on who needs to be contacted regarding this issue. Hopefully now things will change.

So I take it the 'marketing' guy that just got fired was responsible for this dumb decision. Shame the Vale aren't more clear on who needs to be contacted regarding this issue. Hopefully now things will change.
I wouldn't take that bet.... I would suggest only 1 man makes that decision

Its seems very short sighted to me. Me and my lad have been in the Railway since he was old enough to walk and I've had a ST for over 30 years now. The 10 game flex is perfect for him while he is at Uni and while I'd expect to pay more per game that a ST it could still less than full match price in reward for the commitment. But there is no way he will sit in the Bycars on his own and so will probably limit it to 4 or 5 game in the season rather than the 10 that he would make with the cheaper flex ticket.

I would guess that Norman has done his sums and that the aim is to increase the number of people in the Bycars End, but the reality is that people want to sit together and will generally just not go, no matter how loyal they are.

It is sad that there doesn't seem to be any consdideration of the paying customer. Imagine if Walkers suddenly decided to stop selling Cheese and Onion crisps and told everyone to just buy Salt and Vinegar instead.

Spot on. Short sighted decision that is hopefully set to be rectified. Fingers crossed. I'd just like to say well done to all the fans that let the club know their feelings in a calm and dignified manner rather than just popping off. Also, if the decision is taken to open the offer to all areas of the ground, credit to Norman and/or the Marketing team.

Spot on. Short sighted decision that is hopefully set to be rectified. Fingers crossed. I'd just like to say well done to all the fans that let the club know their feelings in a calm and dignified manner rather than just popping off. Also, if the decision is taken to open the offer to all areas of the ground, credit to Norman and/or the Marketing team.

Credit? There's no chance of that from the professional moaners on here. It'll soon move onto the next gripe. You know the type - Those who watch the Sky 900 channels and then ring up aghast to complain about a nipple slip before 9pm.

Credit? There's no chance of that from the professional moaners on here. It'll soon move onto the next gripe. You know the type - Those who watch the Sky 900 channels and then ring up aghast to complain about a nipple slip before 9pm.

Credit someone for realising they've made a stupid decision?

Archived