onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale owner doesn’t anticipate selling club this season

News Feed

Port Vale owner Norman Smurthwaite says talks with a potential buyer of the club have broken down. Smurthwaite claimed he was in talks with a buyer this summer but he told the Sentinel newspaper: “There was dialogue taking place up until last week. They were happy to meet the askingRead More →

The post Port Vale owner doesn’t anticipate selling club this season appeared first on onevalefan.co.uk.

Click for full article

--

This is an automated feed from:

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk

View our home page for our latest features

--

Advert

The line “they were more than happy to meet the asking price” tells me that no meeting has taken place at all. Unless it was someone on day release, no one in their right mind will pay his exorbitant asking price.

Therefore, may I humbly suggest that this yarn is more Smurfthwaite fabrication.

Not that he has a history of being economical with the truth of course. :hello:

I'm not sure what planet he's on if he wasn't expecting them to pay in installments, this very real and not at all made up bidder of his.

Oh well, yet another non-refundable due diligence fee in the bank I suppose.

The line “they were more than happy to meet the asking price” tells me that no meeting has taken place at all. Unless it was someone on day release, no one in their right mind will pay his exorbitant asking price.

Therefore, may I humbly suggest that this yarn is more Smurfthwaite fabrication.

Not that he has a history of being economical with the truth of course. :hello:

the issue we have we dont know what the asking price is. Any businessman in their right mind wouldnt start with their rock bottom price they are always going to over inflate the price so that they can negotiate a price.

my personal opinion is that is what smurf is doing with the director loans here. He has the ability to wipe those out as its personal debt but also a bargaining chip. If it comes to selling the club he may well be opening the conversation at around 2.5-3million but the purchaser and the seller both know thats not the figure they its going for in a deal. I would suggest someone covering the Hugill money, 500k for the ground and 500k of his loans/ squad value and he will sell. However thats as lump sum by the sounds of it hes after.

The loans are smurfs ability to negotiate as he can decide what hes writing off and what hes not to close the deal should he wish. I don't think he genuinely expects the majority if any of that money back but it means on paper it looks a better deal if you can buy the club for 50% of the asking price originally discussed.

Same in thing on a larger scale is going on at Newcastle where Ashley wants some of his investment back as well as the value of the club. Its his call to close the deal as he can write off his investments to get a deal done in a lump sum.

He might not be taking the pi55 here as if you think about it, given vales track record of 2 admins in the last 10 years or so imagine he sells to a company who agree to pay over 5 years, if they make a hash of it and go down or struggle money wise and go into admin, hes not going to get his money at all. For a club like vale who are not as stable as others financially I think id ask for the money in a lump sum to cover my arse too.

Imagine the losses hes taking at the moment (roughly 500k-million a year say) imagine having to make payments to him and cover that short fall for a few years, you need deep pockets to service the debt and run the club competitively for sure. If they havent got deep pockets then thats a risk to his money

More total and utter bull out of the mouth of NS. Fairytale-land he lives.

I'm optimistic he may be gone soon as the opposite of what he says tends to happen so let's hope and pray that that's the case here.

I'm thinking of making a bid myself. I've got some money in an account I opened a while back. I think it was about £9 million I deposited. I might bid for Nuneaton's ground instead though. I haven't made my mind up. I might sell my house too. Anyone interested? You want to know the asking price? None of your business!

Enough is enough. Get out of our club.

Any excuse to have pop at NS as usual from the same trolls. Yes he’s a plank we’ve established that. Has he done much wrong recently? Not really he’s brought in a decent management team, we have made early signings and the kit launch looks far better than ever before. How does anyone expect the club to move forward if people keep harping back and moaning. Yes we would all love a minted friendly owner however about 10 clubs out of 90 odd league clubs have one of the those rest of us just need to get on with supporting our clubs

I always believed that norman had trousered the hugill money quicker than a rat up a drainpipe but most believe it will be paid by instalments so he wont be going anytime soon not until he's got the last instalment safely in his arsepocket.

People are just angling to have a bash at Smurfie.

Need to get behind him. What happened happened, it is in the past now.

no way, I don't trust him and never will, you know where you are with a thief but never with a liar but calling him a liar is a bit harsh its just that sometimes he doesn't say what he means and the rest of the time he doesn't mean what he says.:ohmy::ninja:

I applaud his decision to appoint NA and JR. It annoys me when he's in the press unnecessarily, talking rubbish and making the club an embarrassment. Talks or no talks, it doesn't need to be public knowledge. A good club owner should let the manager deal with and talk about football matters to the press. The marketing department (who we supposedly have new people in to run) should do the marketing.

I don't expect NS to spend millions. I do expect him to be responsible and professional in his privileged position as the current custodian of our football club.

My posts today have not brought up the past. I have taken the wet in a light hearted way about some of NSs comments in the press from today and the last couple of days.

He can't help but annoy supporters when he opens his mouth so the best advice is to simply keep it shut!

He's driving long term supporters away. I have been going the Vale since the early 80s and have had a season ticket without a break for many, many years. With the early bird season ticket deadline approaching, now is the time for positivity to come out of the club, not total BS from NS.

As a rule, in life I tend to trust people until they give me a reason not to.

Smurfthwaite has given me more reasons not to trust him than you can shake a stick at.

It’s a bit like your wife saying that she has only been unfaithful twice. Then you find out it was once with the manager and once with the whole team.

I wouldn’t trust Smurfthwaite as far as I could throw him, even if I was Eddie Hall. If he told me today was Wednesday, I’d still check the calendar first. The man could not lie straight in bed.

Imagine the losses hes taking at the moment (roughly 500k-million a year say) imagine having to make payments to him and cover that short fall for a few years, you need deep pockets to service the debt and run the club competitively for sure. If they havent got deep pockets then thats a risk to his money

I thought the club made a profit of £466k in our relegation season? And perhaps, despite everything, we might have made a profit last season too? And who knows with the £1.9m Hugill money coming in we might make a profit next season?

When I hear Norman's claims about how much we're losing, it makes me wonder when the accounts say we've actually been making money.

Call me confused if you like but I'm not sure anyone knows what's going on financially :sums:

People are just angling to have a bash at Smurfie.

Need to get behind him. What happened happened, it is in the past now.

I agree that people need to get behind the team, but that has always happened. But getting behind Smurfthwaite is a different matter.

Leopards don’t change their spots. Once a fly by night, always a fly by night.

It’s difficult to support an owner who doesn’t support (in a business sense) the club he owns. A club that means so much to its fans, but obviously bo didley to its alleged benefactor.

I can never support Smurfthwaite, because deep down we all know that he is sucking the very life out of OUR beloved club.

Nuneaton be scared. Be very scared.

Archived