onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Vote: should Vale sign Ben Whitfield permanently in the summer?

News Feed

You have to wonder whether Aspin fancies him that much based on how few games he's started second half of the season.

Perhaps Aspo thinks (knows) he can't sustain 90 minutes and would rather play him 12 games in a row for 30/35 minutes than risk re-injuring himself after 180 minutes?

The way I see it is this ; are we a better outfit with him or without, I personally think we are more of an attacking threat with him on the pitch however the stats may argue otherwise.

Personally I'd rather we signed him than not, but not to the detriment of the playing budget.

Advert

Definite yes, and I posted the following on the contracts thread the other week -

"He proved in the Chesterfield game, as he has in other games earlier in the season, that he's got the ability to create problems and score goals to win games.

I reckon if he'd played more we'd have a few more points on the board."

He needs to be played close to/just behind Pope, where he can link-up and buzz around the penalty area, rather than being played out wide, where he's far less effectual.

Perhaps Aspo thinks (knows) he can't sustain 90 minutes and would rather play him 12 games in a row for 30/35 minutes than risk re-injuring himself after 180 minutes?

The way I see it is this ; are we a better outfit with him or without, I personally think we are more of an attacking threat with him on the pitch however the stats may argue otherwise.

Personally I'd rather we signed him than not, but not to the detriment of the playing budget.

I would rather have Whitfield than wasters like Barnett,Lainton and Davis.If they were off the books there would be more money in the budget to sign players like Whitfield.

If we are going for fewer players and better quality then think Whitfield falls into that category. We have seen what he can do at his best and he has seen what Aspin will do if he doesn't provide that. If we are going to be challenging at the right end of the table we need 40 goals from our 2 main strikers. Taking Pope as one of these another is required. Not suggesting Whitfield will be that man but would certainly be a good back up when 1 of the 2 main strikers is injured/suspended or loses form. May also be a different option if Plan A upfront isn't working.

I like how he chases down and buzzes around.

Archived