onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

How many fans has the Board lost?

old sage

Advert

Sonny

Tbh some of those shouting on the Hamil and a few of the muppets in the box who were abusive during the Crawley game are probably not there or won't be when the S*it hits the fan.

Some of those in the box were only after a 'freebie' and become 'big' fans when we top the league.

This club effectively died on June 1st 2011.

The Team as we know it (Including Micky Adams) died the back end of last November.

Who's to blame:-

Bratt/ Jacko/ Meigh/ Oliver/ Lloyd for power broking and living in their own autocratic outdated dreamworld for years.

More latterly Adams/ Deakin and the new Chairman.

The Players.

I also think half the fan base must have seen this coming and chose to either 'ignore it and "support the team", had misgivings about MO, don't give a s*it until we lose a few, or they have no balls or passion unlike many on here.

Like I have said many times

"You reap what you sow"

We will and only Deakin/ Miller/ Oliver and the Old Guard will prosper

Yeah, I agree that PVFC died on 1st June - and that was totaly Bratt & co's fault. Only been 4 (Vale) games this year, and apart from 1st half v Cobblers not enjoyed it at all - wish I hadn't renewed!! Unless there are drastic changes can't see me going back next year. Was looking forward to taking my grandkids as well :( I just can't see where the next generation of supporters is coming from (especiaaly with how well Stoke are doing )

Another five season ticket holders lost here (albeit one of which is free).

My youngest sponsors Doug Loft so, as part of the package (photos with the player, etc), we went to our first home game of the season versus Morecambe. Before the game, renewal of all five season tickets was a distinct possibility under the cut price offer at that time.

After the match, our money was staying in our pockets following the abject performance on the pitch.

We've stuck with SEO but have been to three away games - generally a superior experience despite not yet seeing a victory!

My next appearance at Vale Park will probably be at the AGM (now why was that moved again?)

I don't think it's a case of how many we have lost it's a case of how many new supporters we will fail to gain. Kids won't want to support a team in the lowest tier of football when there is a team in the premiership and doing well in Europe in the same city. For me I starting supporting Vale in the 90's as were the better team and looked more than likely to have a brighter future than our neighbours. Well that disappeared fairly quickly and we entered admin and failed to recover leaving where we are. For me I worry for the future as the kids today will be the ones keeping this club alive in the future and safe guarding that we still have a team in Burslem. How do you sell a club like Port Vale to nippers when most kids are moving towards Man U, Liverpool and Stoke because of the more exposure on TV? It's very worrying and needs to be looked asap.

Why not call me that to my face Webby so I can see who you are.

How can you deny that what I say is true?. I shall be there at the SC meeting and I hope that you are too.I am prepared to put my Port Vale 'war medals' against you any day of the week and without resorting to gutter language as well!.

I think you have misread what I said as I haven't actually used gutter language... Port Vale war medals? Get over yourself mate you're just a fan like the rest of us.

Lost 2 in this family over the last 2 seasons as well. I'd had one for 15 years consecutively but felt so strongly about the liars running the club I went with starve em out.

Have been twice to the Shrewsbury and Grimsby games and a 3 or 4 away games but I won't be returning on a regular basis until something along the lines of what JB78 has stated happens.

It breaks my heart deep down but I've had enough.

Like oldsage I look on it with real sadness when you remember the sides of the 80s and 90s and we now (struggle) to compete with the likes of Morecambe and Cheltenham! I appreciate Vale aren't a massive club but we should be doing a damn site better than we are!

I also tend to agree with Wellington Bomber, the squad/team has degraded steadily in quality over a decade(or more). Don't get me wrong I like some of the players we have Collins, McCombe, Rob Taylor, Richards I think are all capable individuals but if we are honest collectively the team is no better than a 10th place finish. Despite last season we appeared to be odds on under Adams and Gannon being a complete prat the team proved they had no bottle to at least see it through to the playoffs!

I think you have misread what I said as I haven't actually used gutter language... Port Vale war medals? Get over yourself mate you're just a fan like the rest of us.

Just read the comments on this thread then tell me that the two boards which we have had running the show haven't a lot to answer for.

I don't stirr I just tell it as I see it and there is only yourself who have replied in a negative way to my initial post.

I know I'm nowt special but I wanted to just say that I've 50 years loyal support behind me and that I'm not a fly by night fan

Archived