onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

How many fans has the Board lost?

old sage

I was sitting thinking about Port Vale the other day which is something I spend a lot of time doing usually with great sadness. My thoughts were how many supporters have the two boards lost the club over the past two years?.

Not so long ago we sold 6,500 season tickets. This year how many was it????.

The real problem has been over the last two seasons. First of all Bratt and his penniless directors were busy fending off anyone who looked capable of improving the club. With claims of they arent Vale fans and others such rubbish but finally walk away leaving us in the hands of a bunch of .

What a fine legacy thanks Mr Bratt you have passed us to ******* people ans cost us hundreds of fans. Thanks very much Bratt.

What are your thoughts??

Advert

I consider my self one of the most loyal fans out there?

35 years, good and mainly bad - at least I have the Rudge era for memories.

I caved in and bought a season ticket after the new board structure was announced, another act of faith.

I am beginning to regret it, the old saying "don't chuck good money after bad" comes to mind.

I know of at least x10 people who don't go or very rarely go.

The last x4 years have taken this club to the depths of despair, those responsible should hang their heads in shame - somehow I don't think they will - they aren't like me, Sage and many others.

What does worry me is that I don't think we have reached the bottom yet, I do hope I'm wrong - enough is enough.

we have easily lost over the last few years 3000 supporters, and there will be many more to follow, the gate prices are ridiculous for bottom tier football, and this club has no ambition anymore whatsoever, the fans that attend each week will put up with any old rubbish and that's just how this and the last board like it.

Overpricing at the turnstiles has been the main problem, regardless of how the team is doing or how the club is being run.

On the same token, if the club was being run properly and efficiently, and the team/players were showing potential and genuine desire and passion to do well for the fans, then, enough fans would turn up, week in, week out to enable the club to easily sustain a price reduction at the gate, it would become viable.

Until the two factors come together, the club is on the way out.

I think under the previous regime people continued to attend as the board were perceived by some as Vale fans who, despite difficult economic conditions, did their best and had the clubs best interests at heart ( I wasn't one of them).

However the current clueless shower will not be afforded the same goodwill.

At the moment av give up me sen with all things Vale,I will see this season out and if things don't pick up on the pitch then that may be it for me.When Vale play away I have a good laugh in the pub, next season I may be doing the same when Vale are at home ..
I read your comments with interest Grebo because I consider you as one of the moderates and when you are thinking of throwing the towel in then the club is 'sailing extremely close to the wind'. Time for you to join the revolution Grebo.:yes:

The thing that continues to baffle me is that the board continue to treat supporters like idiots. They lie, are deceiptful and make statements that are clearly shown to be totally inaccurate. I won't list them but we all can give many examples. And then they wonder why people don't like them. We are Vale fans and we can take rubbish performances on the pitch which after all we have had many opportunities to get used to! What I can't and won't take is being treated like garbage by a bunch of conmen who are shafting the club left, right and centre in my opinion. So in answer to the question - they have lost me until there is a substantial change in personnel and attitude.

I'll still take in some away matches but I have to admit my desire to watch the vale is draining away at approximately the same rate as the supposed £8 million investment! Would you like to respond Perry?

I was sitting thinking about Port Vale the other day which is something I spend a lot of time doing usually with great sadness. My thoughts were how many supporters have the two boards lost the club over the past two years?.

Not so long ago we sold 6,500 season tickets. This year how many was it????.

The real problem has been over the last two seasons. First of all Bratt and his penniless directors were busy fending off anyone who looked capable of improving the club. With claims of they arent Vale fans and others such rubbish but finally walk away leaving us in the hands of a bunch of .

What a fine legacy thanks Mr Bratt you have passed us to ******* people ans cost us hundreds of fans. Thanks very much Bratt.

What are your thoughts??

Archived