onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

How many fans has the Board lost?

old sage

the buck stops here ladies and gents, we the supporters are the ones in power, don't you see it without us they are nothing, the declining attendances and the lack of funds assocciated with that will bring around change it will only get worse because of the boards lack of understanding of it's supporter base

it will let this fester just out of pure greed of self importance

all i want is someone running the club who says look we can do this this and this in a honest transparent manner in black and white for all to see and then actually lives up to their promises even if those promises are minor

not someone promises this this and this over stupid timescale to try and win favour

miller, deakin do one and take the walsall scumbag with you

Yes we do have the ultimate power and it's called the power of the turnstile and it takes paying fans to make the turnstile work without the fans then there is no club but sadly there are not sufficient fans who are willing to boycott a couple of games and believe me this rotten board would be gone like leaves in the wind if the fans stopped stumping up for a couple of weeks.

If the 6,500 season ticket holders had halved overnight then the affect would have got anyone out but it didn't work like that there was a slow errosion of the fan base an errosion that is not so noticeable but sadly is equally as devastating.

Drastic times need drastic action. If we told them that on such a date we were withdrawing our support and everyone did we would soon be in control. It's all a dream because too many love the Vale 'too much' so much in fact that they prefer to administer a slow and painful death than try and affect a cure.

Some will riddicule my idea but I don't give a damn you know why?. Simply because I know that I am right!

Advert

You are forever stirring c*** on this site! Bratt had already stepped down from chairman and was actually left out in the cold from this current deal with blue sky or whatever they are called and in fact said to me that he was worried about the new deal and that the figure vale would receive was nowhere near 8million however he was out in the cold and could do nothing about it. So this time please lay off the bloke. You are obsessed.
Why not call me that to my face Webby so I can see who you are.

How can you deny that what I say is true?. I shall be there at the SC meeting and I hope that you are too.I am prepared to put my Port Vale 'war medals' against you any day of the week and without resorting to gutter language as well!.

Yes we do have the ultimate power and it's called the power of the turnstile and it takes paying fans to make the turnstile work without the fans then there is no club but sadly there are not sufficient fans who are willing to boycott a couple of games and believe me this rotten board would be gone like leaves in the wind if the fans stopped stumping up for a couple of weeks.

If the 6,500 season ticket holders had halved overnight then the affect would have got anyone out but it didn't work like that there was a slow errosion of the fan base an errosion that is not so noticeable but sadly is equally as devastating.

Drastic times need drastic action. If we told them that on such a date we were withdrawing our support and everyone did we would soon be in control. It's all a dream because too many love the Vale 'too much' so much in fact that they prefer to administer a slow and painful death than try and affect a cure.

Some will riddicule my idea but I don't give a damn you know why?. Simply because I know that I am right!

I'm in total agreement with you OS. I've said several times that a short sharp shock like a total boycott of a single match will not only make the board take notice, but will attract media attention. 300 or so won't make a difference. It needs 50% or more and I just don't see that happening because of the reasons you point out.

It's not about forcing the club into admin. Deakin et al are doing a good enough job of getting us there by themselves. What we need is for the spotlight to be firmly on the board to deliver on their promises, to start to make them feel the pressure that they have brought upon themselves.

You are forever stirring c*** on this site! Bratt had already stepped down from chairman and was actually left out in the cold from this current deal with blue sky or whatever they are called and in fact said to me that he was worried about the new deal and that the figure vale would receive was nowhere near 8million however he was out in the cold and could do nothing about it. So this time please lay off the bloke. You are obsessed.

OK answer these questions...

Who fought off local millionaire (and vale fan ) investors for his own personal reasons and self interest?

Who was on the board who handed over the keys to vale park to the current board? (I'll tell you this one, it was Lloyd, Bratt, Oliver and Adams. They CHOSE this deal over others. So yes it is their fault!)

Who constantly and blatantly lied to the fans, lied in the press and lied on the radio?

If the answer to those questions include Mr Bratt than yes it is his fault.

The mans actions over the years have become indefensible and trying to do so just makes you look stupid.

I'm out until I can trust someone at the club with my money.Not been to VP since the Crawley protest when a I stood outside for the whole game with the intention of improving the club.Can't see any improvement behind the scenes,in fact it seems to have got worse.On the pitch,well I can't comment because I haven't attended but from what I've heard it's not too good with the same bunch of losers.51 years of support,over 1300 games and I've never felt so low.

Right behind you fella and back you to the hilt.....=========

I think Andy, Pete and a few others have already said what I feel like.

I've been attending the Vale for 48 years but this season I have only been to 4-5 games and did not renew my ticket. I have almost had enough and now I'm older and wiser I can think of better things to spend my hard earned money on, sadly.

The last three home matches have been dire, particularly Morecambe and Swindon when we looked a dispirited rag bag of a team.

The manager doesn't inspire me any more and his dour long ball tactics are not easy on the eye.

Add to this losing mix the continual nonsense at boardroom level and what is the result?

I worry like Pete, that we might not have reached the bottom yet. And I believe we have lost about 500-800 fans this season, maybe a few more in the last 2-3 years.

Unfortunately there appears to be very little hope that matters are about to improve.

People talk about admin this season. For me, if I was in charge it is next season that should worry them. Even if they scrape through this season, how many season tickets do they expect to sell.
A very valid point. Unless things improve over the next few monthe 2012 is going to be an absolute disaster. We must try and improve things now to wait will be playing a dangerous game:ohmy:=========

I had a season ticket for many years but last summer made the decision not to renew and not to go back to the Vale until I saw some real change at the club - at both Board and player level.

So far I haven't been tempted to return and my prediction that we are a club going nowhere has sadly been borne out.

Most of the playing squad are "bottlers" - Mark Grew was right about that - and we have had to endure the majority of them for the past three years now. Until Micky Adams has a major clearout the best this team can achieve is mid-table obscurity.

As for the new look Board, I'm prepared to reserve judgement until February, but if the investment by Blue Sky has collapsed we are in big trouble. And Glen Oliver is still there!!

i believe the next few home gates will tell its own story gates around 4k are not enough to pay the way, at a fiver they need a gate over 7k just to make it worthwhile

the slow death will pick up in pace believe me

Sonny

Tbh some of those shouting on the Hamil and a few of the muppets in the box who were abusive during the Crawley game are probably not there or won't be when the S*it hits the fan.

Some of those in the box were only after a 'freebie' and become 'big' fans when we top the league.

This club effectively died on June 1st 2011.

The Team as we know it (Including Micky Adams) died the back end of last November.

Who's to blame:-

Bratt/ Jacko/ Meigh/ Oliver/ Lloyd for power broking and living in their own autocratic outdated dreamworld for years.

More latterly Adams/ Deakin and the new Chairman.

The Players.

I also think half the fan base must have seen this coming and chose to either 'ignore it and "support the team", had misgivings about MO, don't give a s*it until we lose a few, or they have no balls or passion unlike many on here.

Like I have said many times

"You reap what you sow"

We will and only Deakin/ Miller/ Oliver and the Old Guard will prosper

OK answer these questions...

Who fought off local millionaire (and vale fan ) investors for his own personal reasons and self interest?

Who was on the board who handed over the keys to vale park to the current board? (I'll tell you this one, it was Lloyd, Bratt, Oliver and Adams. They CHOSE this deal over others. So yes it is their fault!)

Who constantly and blatantly lied to the fans, lied in the press and lied on the radio?

If the answer to those questions include Mr Bratt than yes it is his fault.

The mans actions over the years have become indefensible and trying to do so just makes you look stupid.

Dont forget that BRATT was also happy to receive his money for the shares he sold. He would have sold them to anyone [ except Mo ]

He couldnt give a damn about the Vale

Missing fans ?

6000 + plus three years ago. Gradually we lose up to a thousand @ year. Why ?

Failure on the pitch !

The same team , almost , as three years ago. How do we expect to get promoted.

Awful boardroom !

Enough said.

This is the big one for me !

If you dont buy a season ticket - you stop going.

This season £21 is a complete joke.

Even if you really want to go, £21 is too much. Unless we were top of league or for a few selected matches [ Shrews , Crewe etc ]

For years and years season tickets would equal - 6 free games -

Now we want 10 free minimum. Because of this we up the match day price and hope for a good season. Weve not had one !!!

I believe we need £16 MAXIMUM and a season ticket at £250.

Oh forgot to mention we also need a new,successful team ? :yes:

Archived