onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

If we left and had another referendum.... stay out or rejoin..... how would the rejoin voters feel if after 3 years nothing had happened except stalling and a negotiated 're entry deal that was crap?

Being someone who supports Brexit and believes we are better out of the EU and we had a vote to re-join the EU and the majority voted to leave I would be naffed off if we were not back in the EU 3 years after the vote.

Advert

But who is going to come up with this 'magic bullit'? Unless there's a long extension to article 50, no other deal can be possibly negotiated as we're now due to leave on April 12th! The longer any extension IMO will lead to the distinct possibility of no Brexit at all!

Correct, exactly what the majority of politicians wanted all the time. Democracy gone out of the window.

But who is going to come up with this 'magic bullit'? Unless there's a long extension to article 50, no other deal can be possibly negotiated as we're now due to leave on April 12th! The longer any extension IMO will lead to the distinct possibility of no Brexit at all!

Perhaps someone who doesn't give away the crown jewels then asks please sir what can we have in return..... is it to late?... I don't know..... who?.... I don't know

Being someone who supports Brexit and believes we are better out of the EU and we had a vote to re-join the EU and the majority voted to leave I would be naffed off if we were not back in the EU 3 years after the vote.

Being a remainer I'm naffed off now.

Well its started,Beaconsfield MP Dominic Grieve has been rewarded for his actions against the majority of his constituents.

Good riddance.

Will Anna Soubry be next?

Let's hope the membership of the Tory Party in North Somerset do the same to their MP who has acted agains the wishes of the majority of his constituents.

Let's hope the membership of the Tory Party in North Somerset do the same to their MP who has acted agains the wishes of the majority of his constituents.

Then you are saying most politicians should be ousted as most have gone against their constituents.

Then you are saying most politicians should be ousted as most have gone against their constituents.

The sad fact is mps don't usually represent their constituents, there are times they don't even represent their voters but more often than not they represent their party.

That's the job of the whips, to keep the members in line and follow the party directive... which means that if the party line is in conflict with constituents preferences the constituents lose out... it's said to be done for the greater good of the country but it's usually done for the benefit of the party.... and let's be honest it's sometimes for their own benefit if they want to keep their job.

It's difficult to blame anyone for voting against a bad deal, I certainly wouldn't vote for one, but it's clear that these great warriors for democracy don't give a rats ass if the deal is good, bad or the best available they just don't want to accept the electorate voted out, or at least some of them.

The referendum was not based on party politics.... Labour didn't win.... the Tories didn't win..... I'm not totally convinced anyone actually won or lost.... it was a vote to make a decision not to win or lose.

That's where the problems really started in my opinion.

The Tories put a remainer in charge who couldn't negotiate a ride on a free bus. The party was split between leavers and remainers as it has been for decades.

Labour had jezza, a leaver, whose sole purpose as opposition is to counter Tory policy but who's overriding obsession seems to be a general election.

The lib dems just came out totally against leave from day one.

DUP bought and paid for.

SNP don't give a rats ass unless it's about their independence, not the Uks independence.

That's where everything took a nose dive into party politics and the people, whichever side of the leave remain divide they sat lost out.

In my opinion it's a sad day for the British people.... whether you are leave or remain.... whether you think your getting what you should have or not... this is a mess created by the political assholes who occupy that ancient khazi we know as parliament.

Archived