onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

It means not answering to them in any capacity. It means having a choice as to whether we trade with them, what we trade with them and who we allow into our country.

If we answer to them in any area, we have not left the EU.

A real Little Englander view!

Why on earth do people like you see the rest of Europe as some kind of enemy who we need to keep at arm's length? We've prospered overall as members of the EU, the decline of traditional and heavy industries is not a result of EU membership it's the consequence of various factors, poor management and lack of investment being the main ones, with the high cost of overheads being another. During the same period service industries like finance and insurance have thrived, largely through European growth.

The EU are our biggest friends and allies, not our enemy, but taking an approach like the one you propose could easily make them such and for what gain? Virtually nothing as far as I can see.

Advert

According to the Conservative party today:

“the loss of hundreds of thousands of jobs will be worth it to regain our country’s sovereignty”

Just what they want, they'll be able to get their moats cleaned cheaply for the price of a potato or a loaf by people who voted Brexit and are enjoying the benefits of a free trade, low tax economy with zero hours contracts, no holiday or sick pay, dismissed without reason and all the other delights spelled out by Raab, Fox, Rees-Mogg and co. It'll be great, like one big hands car wash economy.

No deal =

Complete gridlock at Dover

JIT manufacturing driven out of the UK

Financial services industry driven out of the UK

Hard border either between NI & ROI or in the Irish Sea

Hey Santa, you forgot the rebuilding of Hadrian's Wall :razz:

Way back before the In/Out Referendum it seemed to me the main theme of discussion above all else was controlling immigration into the UK. For the majority of this topic that still seems to be the dominant theme.

Immigration should be controlled, sadly every government has failed to do this and it's doubtful any government will after brexit.

Controlling immigration isn't about closing boarders and repelling the invaders.

Although I can see a case for annexing Scotland....... ah there's my coat

Immigration should be controlled, sadly every government has failed to do this and it's doubtful any government will after brexit.

Controlling immigration isn't about closing boarders and repelling the invaders.

Obama deported 3m illegal immigrants.No blimp,nothing.

Trump talks about building a wall and everybody marches on London.

Oh well, that's the way of the left.

Like us,Italy,Hungary, Poland,Slovakia and The Czech republic have all had enough of uncontrolled immigration.

Like us,Italy,Hungary, Poland,Slovakia and The Czech republic have all had enough of uncontrolled immigration.

That makes it clear why there was no demo against the Saudi, wrong sort of sand for building walls.

Hadrian had a plan:smile:

Ah, we’ve moved on again. It’s interesting how leavers always seem so much more concerned with non eu immigration.

Looking at his actions the last few days, It’s also going to be interesting as time passes how you will no doubt try to pretend you didn’t actually support trump.

Ah, we’ve moved on again. It’s interesting how leavers always seem so much more concerned with non eu immigration.

Looking at his actions the last few days, It’s also going to be interesting as time passes how you will no doubt try to pretend you didn’t actually support trump.

You've missed the point.It's the leftie hypocrites I don't support.The ones who have double standards and carefully select their targets who they protest against.They'd much prefer to protest against someone who says nasty things than against people who actually deport and execute human beings.

If you support that kind of thinking let me know.

You've missed the point.It's the leftie hypocrites I don't support.The ones who have double standards and carefully select their targets who they protest against.They'd much prefer to protest against someone who says nasty things than against people who actually deport and execute human beings.

If you support that kind of thinking let me know.

Moaning about people who didn't protesting something you didn't even protest and you call others hypocrits! The hypocrisy! 😂

More good news,we now have 32.4 million in work,the highest number since records began in 1971.

(Copied and pasted from the BBC website)😁

Yes,I know some of these workers are on zero hours contracts but at least they are contributing to the economy.

Archived