onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Brexit again...

Davebrad

Not fussed really,as long as we can select who comes and they have the skills to contribute.

Apologies. Missed this.

Well the UK, France and Germany generally take the most skilled people from the EU member states as wages are generally much better. So we gain advantage there.

We already have loads of skilled non EU migrants here? Wouldn't you say? I mean the last few times I've been to the doctors it's been either an Indian or Pakistani who has seen me.

I think your basing opinion on beliefs instead of reality.

Advert

We have controlled immigration from the EU, people can only come here for work, later on then can apply for residency when they meet our rules.

Controlled - apart from the hundreds that come every week smuggled in, hiding in the back of lorries or by boat ro the south coast. And of course all have come from our EU friends France, where for some obscure reason they do not want to stay.

You don’t expect an actual answer do you? He asked for someone to reply to some of his nonsense a few pages ago, oh the hypocrisy, then it was pointed out that a response was made. But he’s moved on. It’s a common tactic used, trump himself does, keep the flow of nonsense coming, and it means they don’t ever have to clarify or back up anything they ever say.

To be fair to the old timer he can answer basic questions that derive an answer in less than a sentence but anything challenging and you get a puerile reply if you're lucky. If your not lucky, then no answer. On a debate thread too.

Controlled - apart from the hundreds that come every week smuggled in, hiding in the back of lorries or by boat ro the south coast. And of course all have come from our EU friends France, where for some obscure reason they do not want to stay.

That's our own border patrols failure? There a **** loads in France aswell as here too! Don't see how the EU is responsible for what yours saying there

Only at the Vale and no I didn’t protest against the Saudis. So?

So it's a bit hypocritical to moan about people protesting other things, give a comparison that no one here making the comparison protested against? It's just hypocritical. Perhaps others didn't protest things as such the Saudi visit for the same reasons none of you protested against it? Would make sense if you think about it.

Totally wrong, as usual with anti-EU opinion.

People coming here in the backs of lorries or by boat are not EU migrants, they are non-EU migrants. When interviewed the main reason they give for heading for Britain is the language, many of them can speak some English but not other European languages. They come here either hoping to live anonymously or to seek 'asylum'. They don't claim benefits either, how can they?

It's a problem but it is all over the EU, France and Germany have many more of these type of immigrants than we do. Leaving the EU will have no effect on this whatsoever, they're illegal immigrants now and will be illegal immigrants post-Brexit.

It is very easy to gain EU citizenship. We need to make it tougher once we leave the EU.
To gain EU citizenship you have to gain citizenship of a member state (or become a subject in the case of the UK). So, if it's easy to become an EU citizen there must be member states that make it easy. Which one(s) would you say they are and why? What criteria would applicants have to meet?

To gain EU citizenship you have to gain citizenship of a member state (or become a subject in the case of the UK). So, if it's easy to become an EU citizen there must be member states that make it easy. Which one(s) would you say they are and why? What criteria would applicants have to meet?

Inhabitants of French colonies, territories etc have automatic right to a French passport if they live there or if their parents did.

Apologies. Missed this.

Well the UK, France and Germany generally take the most skilled people from the EU member states as wages are generally much better. So we gain advantage there.

We already have loads of skilled non EU migrants here? Wouldn't you say? I mean the last few times I've been to the doctors it's been either an Indian or Pakistani who has seen me.

I think your basing opinion on beliefs instead of reality.

And you are basing it on your doctor being Indian?

Where is all this evidence we leavers keep hearing about.

And you are basing it on your doctor being Indian?

Where is all this evidence we leavers keep hearing about.

It was merely an example as we already accept people to come and work here through the use of a visa. Also a lot of non EU nationals come here to study and then gain work. You need to apply for visas and work permits to come here, companies employ globally so that means people who hace secured jobs (such as our doctors) can come here. Loads of evidence to support what I am saying, that we do take skilled workers from around the world outside the UK. I shouldn't need to spoon-feed everything to someone I am guessing is in his 60's really should I?

Archived