onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Match Thread: Forest Green R v Port Vale

Fosse69

Sounds absolutely dire - no wonder Aspo kept the players in the dressing room for over an hour. This will tell him a lot about these players and some of them will know that their futures are limited if they keep this up. Hopefully, this will prove to be another turning point, leading on to another run of good form.

The question bugging me though is how he's going to change it unless he can introduce some competition for places. To quote Micky, good organisation and motivation can only get you so far - what's needed is a few better players. Can we rely on Norman to help out?

I too am also thinking I hope this is the kick up the arse that initiates the good spell that is required

Advert

Its obvious that Duffy and Gunning know where the main threat is from Vale and if he isnt at his best then we have to rely on others .

I cannot say to much as heard we deserved a point out of N County and today we only lost to a wonder strike .

However id have expected a better level of performance than what was put in today .

Like i say i aint being so cannot be harsh however im sure Aspo can be ,it will be interesting hear his thoughts on the players efforts today and his team selection v Yeovil will tell us more .

I had a feeling that would happen today ,its obvious Gunning has told his team mates just stay solid and deal with Pope hence my team selection wanted throw the forest greens what they being working on out .

Sent from my [device_name] using the http://onevalefan mobile app

ffs give it a rest, it’s every thread.

There’s no way we could have afforded Reid. He would have broken our wage structure and then some. Their chairman must be really bankrolling them.

If we hadn't been promised - yes, promised - new players and funds for this window, then I wouldn't say a word.

In the meantime, if you don't like the posts some of us make, I'm sure you know how to remedy that with ease. So perhaps it is you who should give it a rest, which when you say it translates to ' Don't post stuff I disagree with'.

A lot of knee jerk reaction again such as when we lost to Lincoln. Today was a woeful performance akin to pre October under Brown. Seemed very complacent and lacklustre.

Reuben Reid is a half decent player but having been at Yeovil Plymouth and Exeter in last 5 years is probably settled in that area hence the move to FGR.

My opinion for what it's worth is that they are a dreadful side who will do very well to stay up, which speaks volumes for our dire showing. Anyone already moaning at Angus is ridiculous , the lad had 20 mins in one of our worst performances of the season.

Because of the mess Aspo inherited games like today will still happen.

Those Vale fans who directed personal abuse at the likes of Worrall and Harness when they walked off were an embarrassment .

Get over it, we got carried away by a few wins, the chickens came home to roost, if at least 8 of the 11 aren't at it then we are bang average. Today was an awful display and a waste of my time walking up that hill and back.

That said having driven home and read some of the tripe written it makes me mad.

The fact some see fit to criticise a young lad as out of his depth and the abuse I personally witnessed , particularly to Worrall leaves a sour taste.

A lot of knee jerk reaction again such as when we lost to Lincoln. Today was a woeful performance akin to pre October under Brown. Seemed very complacent and lacklustre.

Reuben Reid is a half decent player but having been at Yeovil Plymouth and Exeter in last 5 years is probably settled in that area hence the move to FGR.

My opinion for what it's worth is that they are a dreadful side who will do very well to stay up, which speaks volumes for our dire showing. Anyone already moaning at Angus is ridiculous , the lad had 20 mins in one of our worst performances of the season.

Those Vale fans who directed personal abuse at the likes of Worrall and Harness when they walked off were an embarrassment .

Get over it, we got carried away by a few wins, the chickens came home to roost, if at least 8 of the 11 aren't at it then we are bang average. Today was an awful display and a waste of my time walking up that hill and back.

That said having driven home and read some of the tripe written it makes me mad.

The fact some see fit to criticise a young lad as out of his depth and the abuse I personally witnessed , particularly to Worrall leaves a sour taste.

Of course no one with any sense will blame a young lad making his debut above level 7 or 8 of the football pyramid, but as someone who was there, do you think it was a wise decision to put him on when we were chasing the game in a hostile atmosphere from both sets of fans ? I am not in a position to judge that, and have trust in the manager, but this seemed strange - as if the game had been given up.

If we hadn't been promised - yes, promised - new players and funds for this window, then I wouldn't say a word.

In the meantime, if you don't like the posts some of us make, I'm sure you know how to remedy that with ease. So perhaps it is you who should give it a rest, which when you say it translates to ' Don't post stuff I disagree with'.

Not some, just you. Because without fail you drag every single thread down with the same rhetoric. Give it a rest.

The fans who ran down the terrace to abuse the players as they walked off at the end were a disgrace. Totally agree that today proves that everyone needs to be at it and we can’t get carried away with any performance as just around the corner could be a good one or a bad one.

Of course no one with any sense will blame a young lad making his debut above level 7 or 8 of the football pyramid, but as someone who was there, do you think it was a wise decision to put him on when we were chasing the game in a hostile atmosphere from both sets of fans ? I am not in a position to judge that, and have trust in the manager, but this seemed strange - as if the game had been given up.

Hostile atmosphere?!

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

Gunning is already missed, he already looked solid and determined. No idea why Forrester never got a look in with the new guy Dior, ominously already looking a bit out of his depth in league football.

Overall this game demonstrated once again why Smurf needs to leave. He makes our squad look cheap even next to the FGR one. I can’t believe people thought he should be forgiven after Luton!

Wow just wow. Gunning plays one game for another team and is the new Maldini. Dior plays 20mins and is awful and outnof his depth and it’s all down to Smurf. Jesus wept, fans like this (if you can call them that) deserve non league football

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I wasn't there thankfully, but if more than one poster describes what they (note they, not me) describe as disgraceful abuse, I don't think it is unreasonable to assume it is 'hostile'.

Arguing about the choice of words is futile when there are more serious problems at the club.

Hostile is not a word I would use. There was hardly any atmosphere from either set of fans. I'd say it was a wise decision as he knows where the net is albeit at a lower level. The other options were Regis Kelly or Forrester who has dramatically fallen down the pecking order in recent weeks.

It maybe was a gamble but had he scored would of been seen as an Aspo masterstroke.

I hope Angus is a part of our future and it's more beneficial to him in the long run than reserve football.

Again today a 500 plus following for a team in 17th place in the 4th tier. Quality numbers , I'm just putting down as a bad day at the office and expect a response against Yeovil.

Let's be honest FGR are shocking, 5 signings or not, really poor side, the number 6 Monthe made Exodus Geogheghan look like Franz Beckenbauer,

A really good strike settled a dire game ,bitterly disappointed but let's not go overboard.

Not some, just you. Because without fail you drag every single thread down with the same rhetoric. Give it a rest.

Sorry, your personal attacks do your case no merit. If it is just me, then why did 11 people thank my posts today, 7 yesterday and 10 the day before - and I average a lowish number of posts.

Put me on ignoe if you don't like it - but don't forget the other 20 or so posters who have agreed with what I posted in just the last 2 or 3 days.

When people make promises and don't keep them, and then get thanked by a few sycophantic posters who are more concerned with saving the owners pocket pennies than the good of the club, it is no wonder there is a feeling that last January's transfer disgrace is being repeated.

Archived