onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Home ticket offer

Bea Smith

After tonights game at Newport, I notice we have a run of home games again - 5 of the next 6 are at Vale Park.

The club have a bit of time to do something about getting more fans in by offering a special icket for the 'walk-ups' that covers all these matches.

How about a £60 ticket for the full 5 games, or even £55 if possible (reduced pro rata for concessions) - which once purchased would guarantee decent crowds at both the Yeovil FA Cup tie and the Shrewsbury checkatrade trophy and get people to games at a time (pre-Xmas) when gates are traditionally falling.

I am sure those with season tickets would not mind an offer that brought more cash into the club to fund Aspin and Rudgey's January signings, and the 'buzz' would continue to be built.

If between 500 and 1000 were sold at this rate, it would mean valuable income for the club, and with more people attending there is the opportunity for more food, programmes and club shop items to be sold.

There is also the plus that getting non-regulars to five consecutive home matches is helping to nudge them gently into becoming regulars - watching Vale would be established as a habit by doing this.

Worth a small amount of effort to implement ? i think so.

Advert

A very good idea as u should always look at ways of increasing attendances .

Im a season ticket holder will goFa cup tie but not Efl trophy game but if a price was thrown together for the two id go both .

Aspin and the backroom team ,players ,Rudgie deserve more support but once folk stop going thats it there gone so any way of increasing interestisnot to be overlooked .

£25 for both cup games, I could live with as a season ticket holder.

£55 to include three games I've already paid for I'd be a bit miffed about tbh.

I was just throwing ideas around - but the £55 to £60 proposal was not really aimed at ST holders like your good self Valiant62. I'd guess you will be able to attend the 2 cup games for not much more than £25 anyway if the club are sensible and reduce admission as they always have before, maybe £10 for the Checkatrade and £12 or £15 for the FA Cup.

They could do a dual cup ticket for £15 or £20 or if, as someone else posted these things take a long while, look at later in the season - February when it is icy and uninviting perhaps.

I was under the impression that these things could be put in place fairly quickly, as Vale have done this in the past and just announced it a few days before the match, but accept the rules may have changed.

I was just throwing ideas around - but the £55 to £60 proposal was not really aimed at ST holders like your good self Valiant62. I'd guess you will be able to attend the 2 cup games for not much more than £25 anyway if the club are sensible and reduce admission as they always have before, maybe £10 for the Checkatrade and £12 or £15 for the FA Cup.

They could do a dual cup ticket for £15 or £20 or if, as someone else posted these things take a long while, look at later in the season - February when it is icy and uninviting perhaps.

I was under the impression that these things could be put in place fairly quickly, as Vale have done this in the past and just announced it a few days before the match, but accept the rules may have changed.

Yeah, I'm not agin the principle, I suppose it's balancing the extent to which these deals increase revenue and improve atmosphere versus a culminative effect of negating the advantages of a season ticket (to be fair, part of my motivation is a feeling of "ownership" of our seats). Rightly or wrongly, there is a point where too good a deal would nark me a bit, £55-60 for five games wanders into that territory.

Yeah, I'm not agin the principle, I suppose it's balancing the extent to which these deals increase revenue and improve atmosphere versus a culminative effect of negating the advantages of a season ticket (to be fair, part of my motivation is a feeling of "ownership" of our seats). Rightly or wrongly, there is a point where too good a deal would nark me a bit, £55-60 for five games wanders into that territory.

I agree that ST holders are the most important fans and should be treasured by the club, so perhaps if they instigate an offer like the one proposed, they could also say that ST holders can attend the Checkatrade Trophy for free/ nominal £2 entry.

This would almost certainly double and perhaps treble the gate for the Shrewsbury game and give it some atmosphere and more meaning.

The £60 offer wasn't aimed at ST holders, but to get people into the habit of regular Vale park attendance, and also to be brutally honest as an insurance against a bad result in the first of the home games which would lower the gates in the rest.

The minimum price for the FA Cup is £10 from rounds 1 to 6. I don't think you can include that in any deals as such either. I am not against any deals that make it more affordable for people to watch football but not at the expense of season ticket sales next season.

Checkatrade could be a fiver and people still wouldn't go, its the competition people are against, not the ticket price.

To be fair, coming from Mcr, the petrol and time are the main costs to us of Checkatrade games (and even the Oxford game).

I don’t particularly couch it in terms of fairness or percieved importance as a season ticket holder or even objections to the competition. It’s the “walk ups” make the difference when we’re doing well and we need to encourage them. If the deal makes me a bit grumpy, that won’t effect my attendence pattern but it may not have much wider effect full stop.

It will most likely be 12 quid for the fa cup and 10 quid for the check a trade game again. I can't see them putting an offer on for any league games you can already get 2 quid off if you buy in advance or obviously if you buy a season ticket or ten game ticket you save money. Perhaps vale should do what some other clubs do introduce cheaper prices for unemployed/people on benefits or armed forces people.

£25 for both cup games, I could live with as a season ticket holder.

£55 to include three games I've already paid for I'd be a bit miffed about tbh.

I couldn’t care less tbh. I’ve got a season ticket and I’m not petty or tight enough to worry if vale put good offer out there and fans who can’t always attend due to finances would be welcome by me even if they got in for a fiver

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

I get the programme most games and ive seen 180 pounds for ten games in paddock

Bar the Swindon game where we were abysmal id say watching the Vale is a steal at that price under Aspin .

I wouldnt be surprised if Vale won all there remaining home games and i hope folk who no longer go make a effort to go .

If unemployed as its really difficult get a job these days then with proof allow them in for a fiver .

Students the same they aint going have much money if hardly any .

I work but my heart is big and iwant folk in the ground .

Utv

Archived