onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Neil Aspin and John Rudge rejoin the Vale

robf

Advert

Must admit that I got quite emotional when the announcement was made. In 55 years of watching us, these two were and will remain legendary to me.

As for Smurf, this is hopefully the start and I want him to repay us by backing up his pledge of supporting Aspo financially in the transfer window.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Must admit that I got quite emotional when the announcement was made. In 55 years of watching us, these two were and will remain legendary to me.

As for Smurf, this is hopefully the start and I want him to repay us by backing up his pledge of supporting Aspo financially in the transfer window.

Sent from my iPhone using onevalefan

Totally agree.

I think that for those of us of a "certain age", yesterday was extra-special.

I aint looked forwards to a game for a long time we have being falling ever since that abysmal 2-0 defeat at Exeter under Page .

Having had the pleasure of watching teams managed by Sir John Rudge imust say i feelgreat today knowing he is going have input into our future recruitment etc .

Well Neil Aspin it goes without saying what a fabulous player he was for us ,his committment something else and a big part in the majority of great nights, afternoons, at Vale .

So i feel on top of the world today because of who we have in charge ,the first match in a long time which isnt going be a chore on sat .

If these players cannot up for these two legends then they wont be here long .

Vales future is at stake and if all the players had Aspos heart we be top by 30 points clear ,thats how good he was.

I feelat last like the titantic maybe turned it may not but at least the two new additions have given me hope that indeed will defo be the case .

Utv

Totally agree.

I think that for those of us of a "certain age", yesterday was extra-special.

Less of the 'certain age'! I'm 34 and yesterday was the best non-matchday I've had supporting the Vale. I still remember checking teletext when I got home from School the day Rudgie had been sacked. I was devastated and couldn't understand it. I still believe we would have turned it round, even if we'd dropped that season. The fact is we never replaced him, not even close.

It's been 18 years but the club righted a wrong yesterday and whilst I can't believe it was Norman who actually did it, it's never too late to fix a massive mistake. He's back home where he belongs and he's brought a disciple with him. I don't think we could have asked for anything more.

I'm over the moon, as they say, but would offer a word or two of caution because the window has closed and it's harder than ever these days to discover hidden talent.

I'm hoping that we can become harder to beat, better organised and more disciplined but I think it might take a wee time before we have the fire-power and goal threat necessary to see us move significantly up the league. We must give them time and show a bit of patience if things initially don't necessarily go to plan.

That said, we are rock bottom and about as bad as it gets so this is an opportunity for Aspin to sort out a sinking ship, repair the holes and make us seaworthy once again. It's a big chance for him to enhance his career and with Rudgie's scouting abilities I'm hoping we can now move forwards.

The chairman hasn't half copped some stick on here (some of it deservedly so) but it wouldn't be right not to give him a huge pat on the back and thank him for his efforts. I doubt we could have found two more worthy servants of PVFC and these are the kind of people we can stand aliongside and support wholeheartedly.

I think, overall, my proudest moments of supporting the Vale for the past 55 years were when the team ran out at Championship grounds like the Hawthorns, Upton Park and Forest. I knew then that we had achieved success and could compete proudly with some of the bigger clubs. That was down to Sir John and his magnificent squad of players, Aspin included. If they can sprinkle some of that magic dust on the current team it'll do for me but I'm not expecting miracles.

Rudgie has an eye for good players and he bought ten million pounds into the club by selling them on and then paid for other good players to come into the club. In those days he was magic and his ability to spot players like that was beyond belief. Manchester boss Fergie said after Rudge was dismissed from the club..: EVERY PORT VALE SUPPORTER SHOULD GET ON HIS KNEES AND THANK THE LORD FOR JOHN RUDGE; .Like other posts on this forum tears were welling up at this news and this is a new era for us all. Welcome back to the club

Pope still has enough quality to notch a decent amount of goals in this league, but he needs to have a partner with pace such as Dan Turner running into the channels and stretching the defence as Ben Williamson did. He is always going to struggle as a lone striker or with another similar player like Barnett.

I'm over the moon, as they say, but would offer a word or two of caution because the window has closed and it's harder than ever these days to discover hidden talent.

I'm hoping that we can become harder to beat, better organised and more disciplined but I think it might take a wee time before we have the fire-power and goal threat necessary to see us move significantly up the league. We must give them time and show a bit of patience if things initially don't necessarily go to plan.

That said, we are rock bottom and about as bad as it gets so this is an opportunity for Aspin to sort out a sinking ship, repair the holes and make us seaworthy once again. It's a big chance for him to enhance his career and with Rudgie's scouting abilities I'm hoping we can now move forwards.

The chairman hasn't half copped some stick on here (some of it deservedly so) but it wouldn't be right not to give him a huge pat on the back and thank him for his efforts. I doubt we could have found two more worthy servants of PVFC and these are the kind of people we can stand aliongside and support wholeheartedly.

I think, overall, my proudest moments of supporting the Vale for the past 55 years were when the team ran out at Championship grounds like the Hawthorns, Upton Park and Forest. I knew then that we had achieved success and could compete proudly with some of the bigger clubs. That was down to Sir John and his magnificent squad of players, Aspin included. If they can sprinkle some of that magic dust on the current team it'll do for me but I'm not expecting miracles.

We can't limp along until January to sign players.

There are still a few decent players on non contract who could be bought in.

If Smurf puts his money where his mouth is Streete and Eagles would be a start.

We can't limp along until January to sign players.

There are still a few decent players on non contract who could be bought in.

If Smurf puts his money where his mouth is Streete and Eagles would be a start.

I'm of the opinion that a decent management and coaching structure would be able to achieve a top half finish with this group of players (from scratch - not from our current position).

I'm also totally against this culture of endless signings because I think it has massive negative consequences for the club. I'm confident that with experienced football people now in charge we will not see a repeat of 55 signings in 15 months.

Your so right valesince83. Pope is bloody pinching money at the vale. He's totally useless. Can't run as fast as my 5 yrs old grandson. All he does is complain at every decision against him. Hope they weed him out, sooner the better.

Harsh on Pope. Let's be honest his game has never been about pace. Stick the ball in the box and he will head it in. That his strength, which I don't think we have been playing too.

Archived