onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Michael Brown says his Port Vale squad is getting stronger

News Feed

Port Vale manager Michael Brown says that the signing of midfelder David Worrall has strengthened the side and it will be boosted by the return of more players. The manager has repeatedly urged patience for his re-build squad and he feels that he still needs time to finalise his squad. However, many fans’ patience is […]

Click for full article

--

This is an automated feed from:

http://www.onevalefan.co.uk

View our home page for our latest features

--

Advert

I don't agree that "many" fans patience is running out, and it's this kind of ****-stirring that paints a picture of pressure building on the manager when in fact it is not.

The team were applauded off by most on Saturday in recognition of their efforts, and this website's moanathon is by no means a reflection of the feeling amongst the fans that I know and talk to.

Just give the bloke some time - he needs it, and some fans need to re-learn the virtue of patience.

I don't agree that "many" fans patience is running out, and it's this kind of ****-stirring that paints a picture of pressure building on the manager when in fact it is not.

The team were applauded off by most on Saturday in recognition of their efforts, and this website's moanathon is by no means a reflection of the feeling amongst the fans that I know and talk to.

Just give the bloke some time - he needs it, and some fans need to re-learn the virtue of patience.

It's true Smithie that onevalefan gives voice to a broad church range of supporter emotion including anger and angst. It is also true that onevalefan gives voice to supporters with opposite emotion.

You call it 'moanathon'. I disagree.

It's true Smithie that onevalefan gives voice to a broad church range of supporter emotion including anger and angst. It is also true that onevalefan gives voice to supporters with opposite emotion.

You call it 'moanathon'. I disagree.

I also disagree that it's just a few sht-stirrers on OVF who want him gone. Everyone I know does and I wouldn't fancy Brown's chances of staying if it was put to a fans' vote.

I'd be quite happy to stay in FL this season. Brown needs time to re-build.

So-called fans need to realise that success takes time in the 4th Division.

Completely disagree. Nearly even vale fan I know outside of this site is losing patience with him.

I also disagree that it's just a few sht-stirrers on OVF who want him gone. Everyone I know does and I wouldn't fancy Brown's chances of staying if it was put to a fans' vote.

Thing is Mark, and as others e.g. Spunkers have alluded to in other topic threads, it wont make any difference if 100% of supporters vote for Michael to be sacked because Norman holds the veto vote i.e. Michael will go if nudged by Norman, or he decides himself time is up.

Thing is Mark, and as others e.g. Spunkers have alluded to in other topic threads, it wont make any difference if 100% of supporters vote for Michael to be sacked because Norman holds the veto vote i.e. Michael will go if nudged by Norman, or he decides himself time is up.

Couldn't agree more, mate. Worse still, it'll be Smurthwaite picking his replacement. If the 'progression' (or opposite of) from Page to Bruno to Brown continues the next man will surely take us down. It's an horrendous situation entirely of the owner's making, though I'd argue that doesn't excuse Brown's own failings.

I think we need to make a distinction between having any confidence in Brown and actually wanting to pull the trigger.

A lot of fans I speak to seem resigned to nothing changing whatever. We're damned if we do sack him and we're damned if we don't.

I think we need to make a distinction between having any confidence in Brown and actually wanting to pull the trigger.

A lot of fans I speak to seem resigned to nothing changing whatever. We're damned if we do sack him and we're damned if we don't.

Thanks for articulating how I feel.

Do I think Brown is *****? Yes.

Do I think there's anything we can do? Nah

Spot on.:yes:

Archived