onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Port Vale accounts given to OVF

robf

Advert

Very well put.

My guess is he hopes that even after withdrawing all funding the team he has put in place can get us promoted again and therefore get the value of the club up to where it would have been last season (a miracle feat if Browny and Garlick pull it off)

And he has the back up of holding the ground and milking the club for rent until his losses are paid off.

Either that or he has don't something a little off when it comes to the financing of the place and is hoping that sorts itself out before he leaves.

It's amazing how quiet it went so quickly with regard to the bids for the club. I'll bet he wakes up every day like a bear with a sore head over the whole thing.

For his sanity and the club's future I think he needs to sell up.

I think Smurf should be given a break. He didn't set out to harm the club last season or in previous seasons. He just went down a path that didn't work out. With a little bit more luck on the injury front we would have avoided relegation narrowly last season. When there is criticism of his structuring the club and directors loans etc. he is doing what owners are allowed to do and it is him that is exposed to all the financial risk of a big debt write off. He has a reasonable right to try to exit this situation with as little personal financial loss and as financially efficiently as possible. In the current moment the club, given the circumstances, seems to be making a good fist of changing the players in the squad and acquiring a team that can compete in the top half of League 2. It is difficult to sell a club in a transfer window when players may be sold and when previous player transfers have sell on clauses that are potentially financially lucrative because that affects asset valuation.

Of course Port Vale is a community asset. That is why the Council helped in the past. It is why this discussion is taking place as fans really value the club in their lives and attach a lot of importance to its history and future. There is no one providing evidence of fraud here, just concern to see the club in the hands of a new viable owner. That will require a business transaction and fans need to be patient - I am trying my best on that front as this post shows.

I think Smurf should be given a break. He didn't set out to harm the club last season or in previous seasons. He just went down a path that didn't work out. With a little bit more luck on the injury front we would have avoided relegation narrowly last season. When there is criticism of his structuring the club and directors loans etc. he is doing what owners are allowed to do and it is him that is exposed to all the financial risk of a big debt write off. He has a reasonable right to try to exit this situation with as little personal financial loss and as financially efficiently as possible. In the current moment the club, given the circumstances, seems to be making a good fist of changing the players in the squad and acquiring a team that can compete in the top half of League 2. It is difficult to sell a club in a transfer window when players may be sold and when previous player transfers have sell on clauses that are potentially financially lucrative because that affects asset valuation.

Of course Port Vale is a community asset. That is why the Council helped in the past. It is why this discussion is taking place as fans really value the club in their lives and attach a lot of importance to its history and future. There is no one providing evidence of fraud here, just concern to see the club in the hands of a new viable owner. That will require a business transaction and fans need to be patient - I am trying my best on that front as this post shows.

It's got nothing to do with intent! It's the same as when lawyers say "My client didn't set out to knock someone over"....but by driving at excessive speed where people are around it ups the likelihood of a collision massively.

If our (ex?) chairman hadn't been arrogant and yet gullible we certainly wouldn't be in this mess. And his treatment of Rob Page spoke volumes about the character of Smurthwaite - for which, incidentally,he never apologized.

My issue with Smurf is how the hell can sides likes Scunny, Bury ECT all receive bigger budgets. For God's sake he's even turned us into a bloody smaller club than Mansfield.

Obviously if he hasn't got the finance take us further then fair do's but for God's sake if that's the case, get bloody other investors to help build take the club forward or bloody sell to people who have the finance too.

It's not long since the likes of Bournemouth, Swansea and Hull were either below us with smaller gates or one a par with us.

Why the hell can them clubs get owners to take them forward, but we get owners who make us a bloody tin pot outfit who can't even bloody compete with fxxxing Mansfield.

Sent from my BUSH SPIRA D4 5.5 using the onevalefan mobile app

My issue with Smurf is how the hell can sides likes Scunny, Bury ECT all receive bigger budgets. For God's sake he's even turned us into a bloody smaller club than Mansfield.

Obviously if he hasn't got the finance take us further then fair do's but for God's sake if that's the case, get bloody other investors to help build take the club forward or bloody sell to people who have the finance too.

It's not long since the likes of Bournemouth, Swansea and Hull were either below us with smaller gates or one a par with us.

Why the hell can them clubs get owners to take them forward, but we get owners who make us a bloody tin pot outfit who can't even bloody compete with fxxxing Mansfield.

Sent from my BUSH SPIRA D4 5.5 using the onevalefan mobile app

I suggested about getting other investors in to help him during one of the open questions threads.His answer was "Why should I"

I suggested about getting other investors in to help him during one of the open questions threads.His answer was "Why should I"

That speak to the arrogance of the man... Clearly cant do the job at hand but refuses to acknowledge it. The Vale will suffer because of one mans ego.

That speak to the arrogance of the man... Clearly cant do the job at hand but refuses to acknowledge it. The Vale will suffer because of one mans ego.

Well put IC, he may be top man on buy to rent but he aint got a clue about spectator sports,you can't run a football club out of a property portfolio.

It's got nothing to do with intent! It's the same as when lawyers say "My client didn't set out to knock someone over"....but by driving at excessive speed where people are around it ups the likelihood of a collision massively.

If our (ex?) chairman hadn't been arrogant and yet gullible we certainly wouldn't be in this mess. And his treatment of Rob Page spoke volumes about the character of Smurthwaite - for which, incidentally,he never apologized.

I agree about Rob Page, that is a good point. It is clear the two didn't get on to a significant degree in the end. However, I feel Smurf should not have ridiculed the manager in public, there should have been a respectable end with Page facilitated to move on - which is what he did on his own accord.I also agree that Smurf's grand plan did have some naive aspects. But he was still trying to get the club promoted and putting at risk a lot of his own money. That is the business risk, and I can't be hostile in wishing him even greater loss.

I've rather lost what is happening on these accounts. It seems Norman did eventually release some, has anyone been able to make out what they think of them (those that are well versed in these things, sorry I am not)?

Was there more than one version - and what happens next (if anything?).

Genuinely interested, if anyone with accounting knowledge has looked at them and could shed some light on their interpretation of them.

I've rather lost what is happening on these accounts. It seems Norman did eventually release some, has anyone been able to make out what they think of them (those that are well versed in these things, sorry I am not)?

Was there more than one version - and what happens next (if anything?).

Genuinely interested, if anyone with accounting knowledge has looked at them and could shed some light on their interpretation of them.

They are not, apparently, the accounts on record

It was explained earlier that Norman sent Rob a set of draft (but detailed) accounts whereas the ones submitted to Companies House were an abbreviated set of final accounts.

Having seen both, there isn't really a material difference between the two. We're talking a minor adjustment of a few hundred quid as far as I can see. Some stock probably got written down or something like that.

Archived