onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rangers v HMRC court case result

No time for religion myself, the world would be a much better place without it in my opinion but that's another story.

I just don't like the fact they cheated everyone and then try to claim they are the same club when that club is defunct. This is karma coming home for them.

Why is it Karma when the fans have to suffer , Sure on paper you can say the old Rangers is gone but try telling that to the Ibrox loyal every weekend when that place is buzzing . It's still the same club with the same passion and same atmosphere which is easily one of the best in Europe.

If the same were to happen to the Vale , they would still be the old Vale to me and nothing will erase the history a football club has.

Sadly Obsessed Celtic fans have to keep bringing up Sevco to hide their bitterness and hypocrisy despite the controversy they caused threw the years.

"hate" is a strong word but not many teams do i detest like Celtic .

Advert

Why is it Karma when the fans have to suffer , Sure on paper you can say the old Rangers is gone but try telling that to the Ibrox loyal every weekend when that place is buzzing . It's still the same club with the same passion and same atmosphere which is easily one of the best in Europe.

If the same were to happen to the Vale , they would still be the old Vale to me and nothing will erase the history a football club has.

Sadly Obsessed Celtic fans have to keep bringing up Sevco to hide their bitterness and hypocrisy despite the controversy they caused threw the years.

"hate" is a strong word but not many teams do i detest like Celtic .

This has proven they cheated their way to a number of titles. They signed players far beyond their means and lived on the crest of a wave far, far beyond their means.

Crikey some vale fans hate Swindon and Hartlepool who settled for a draw to deny us a play off place, this is simply light years beyond that.

It would be disgusting if Vale ever go near admin let alone liquidation again.

Sent from my iPhone using the onevalefan mobile app

• 4 weeks later...
Up here everyone outside of Ibrox only knows them as Sevco

Mainly by the green half of the city I suspect. Yes, they left debts to people who probably could ill afford to lose that money, but doesn't that happen every time a football club ( or business for that matter) goes bust ? We at Vale have left people out of pocket twice in recent years. The big problem Rangers had was the "players rights" issue which basically robbed the taxman. You don't rob the taxman. They have the power to challenge you whereas the average punter doesn't.

Sent from my GT-I9195I using the onevalefan mobile app

I think the Labour party didn`t think the measures went far enough. Be careful what you read in the gutter Tory press.

Tory MEPs voted against measures to close £7.5 billion in tax loopholes in 2015 as just an example of their deceit.

As someone who is statutorily registered and responsible for counter money laundering I think the Criminal Finances Act 2017 is a robust piece of legislation including undisclosed wealth orders and powers to freeze and seize et al. http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2017/22/contents/enacted

I think the Labour party didn`t think the measures went far enough. Be careful what you read in the gutter Tory press.

Tory MEPs voted against measures to close £7.5 billion in tax loopholes in 2015 as just an example of their deceit.

You've not given the full picture there though. They voted against the bill because they objected to more powers being passed from Westminster to Brussels in the form of the Common Consolidated Corporate Tax Base, which would have been defined at a European level.

They weren't against the avoidance parts of the bill, just that specific part.

Mainly by the green half of the city I suspect. Yes, they left debts to people who probably could ill afford to lose that money, but doesn't that happen every time a football club ( or business for that matter) goes bust ? We at Vale have left people out of pocket twice in recent years. The big problem Rangers had was the "players rights" issue which basically robbed the taxman. You don't rob the taxman. They have the power to challenge you whereas the average punter doesn't.

North of the border they are called Sevco by every other fitber club.Not just the green half of the city.I live in Edinburgh and everyone from ICT to Dons and the Arabs all call them Sevco.

Do a lot of Scottish football teams still use the nicknames you used to read about in football magazines when you were a kid?

You know the sort of thing: the Gable Endies, the Wee Bullies, the Honest Men, the Doonhammers, the Slot Badgers?

Do a lot of Scottish football teams still use the nicknames you used to read about in football magazines when you were a kid?

You know the sort of thing: the Gable Endies, the Wee Bullies, the Honest Men, the Doonhammers, the Slot Badgers?

Who are the Slot Badgers ? I've not come across that one. But wow what a name ! Perhaps there's a thread here ? Alternative nicknames for teams you like ( or more probably loathe ! )

Yes certain teams do especially the lower leagues.Since moving up here I had a ST for Jambos but enjoy going to different grounds and now count 21 Scottish grounds visited.Love it up here.Ok the games dominated in the Premier it's not rocket science to understand that.But the rest of the game is still real and not spoilt by billionaire owners and poncey players.

Visits to Berwick,Brechin,Alloa,Montrose,QOTS,East Fife,Arbroath,Stranraer,Airdrie,Stirling Albion,Anna,Raith Rovers,Stenhousemuir,Elgin,Airdrie and Morton,Falkirk and all of the Premier teams Its been a good couple of years travelling and experiencing new grounds,cultures and new friends.Ye ken !

In the very early 90's I saw Vale win a pre season friendly 5-0 (I think) at QOTS and also saw Vale at now defunct Clydebank also in a friendly in the late 70's. Furthest north Ive seen a match is at Ross County just after they got elected into the league. Scottish football is like a throw back to how it used to be here. Not the best standard, but quite entertaining. As a friend of mine once described it "exciting rubbish" ! But I think he got it spot on.

Watching East Fife v Livingston.Arbroath v East Stirling etc is never gonna set my pulses racing its equivalent to watching Goldenhill Wanderers v Wolstanton.But to be taken from a comfort zone.Spending the full day in a different city,town,parish meeting different folk.Eating local delicatessen.Clubhouse,journey to and from.Staying over when missed train or had one to many sherbets well.....I just love travelling.

Watching East Fife v Livingston.Arbroath v East Stirling etc is never gonna set my pulses racing its equivalent to watching Goldenhill Wanderers v Wolstanton.But to be taken from a comfort zone.Spending the full day in a different city,town,parish meeting different folk.Eating local delicatessen.Clubhouse,journey to and from.Staying over when missed train or had one to many sherbets well.....I just love travelling.

I visited a friend in Arbroath at the end of July and the ground is nice and neat and right on the coast. I couldn't go to their game in mid week SLC because they were away, so I got on the train, one stop north in 15 mins and went to Montrose v Alloa. They have got one nice seated stand and then standing some just open. Montrose won 2-1 and technically it was a good game and enjoyable. It was quite a bit better than I expected. I now have Montrose as my third team after 1. Port Vale and 2. Tranmere (local to me who most of my friends support).

There are lots of similar sized towns in Scotland - circa 20k to 30k. Near Arbroath is Montrose, Forfar, Brechin off the top of my head. So there is quite a lot of local rivalry available, more so than for Port Vale in league 2. At a higher level the Dundee clubs are 15 minutes south of Arbroath by train also.

I have also noted another team, like Port Vale, that does not exist geographically - Raith Rovers. It is really Kirkcaldy.

Archived