onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Rangers v HMRC court case result

Advert

Well if it is any consolation the Conservative Government has passed the Criminal Finance Act 2017. This includes a new set of tools for HMRC headed by the 'Unexplained Wealth Order' and associated freezing and money laundering tools. This act also includes the corporate offence of failure to prevent the facilitation of tax evasion etc. There is a lot of effort going in to reducing tax avoidance presently. http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2017/22/contents/enacted

Well if it is any consolation the Conservative Government has passed the Criminal Finance Act 2017. This includes a new set of tools for HMRC headed by the 'Unexplained Wealth Order' and associated freezing and money laundering tools. This act also includes the corporate offence of failure to prevent the facilitation of tax evasion etc. There is a lot of effort going in to reducing tax avoidance presently. http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2017/22/contents/enacted

I thought this would have had all-party support but, apparently, earlier this year Labour forced three key measures to be dropped from the Government's finance bill, including new rules to stop companies from shifting losses overseas to avoid corporation tax, which were intended to raise £6.9billion over the next five years.

Apparently, they also refused to support new fines for accountants who help their clients dodge tax and a plan to close non-dom loopholes which would have saved £1.6billion by 2022.

Can't understand it!

PS Also can't understand why Rangers ever thought they would win this case!

I agree, I feel like Rangers acted like a thief in a shop that stands and smiles at the CCTV. A pointless scheme.

What you say about Labour is more concerning. What can be the motive for voting against measures designed to maximise tax take and therefore scope for public expenditure. A theory is that these are Marxists and they want sow division and struggle in society and salivate in public services and people struggling to fuel their real revolutionary intentions. A bit deep for Onevalefan I guess!

I agree, I feel like Rangers acted like a thief in a shop that stands and smiles at the CCTV. A pointless scheme.

What you say about Labour is more concerning. What can be the motive for voting against measures designed to maximise tax take and therefore scope for public expenditure. A theory is that these are Marxists and they want sow division and struggle in society and salivate in public services and people struggling to fuel their real revolutionary intentions. A bit deep for Onevalefan I guess!

A bit deep ?

No, a bit bonkers perhaps, a post that is so convoluted and paranoid that it can't possibly be taken seriously. You don't understand what Marxist means either, perhaps a little reading on the subject might help, as your posts use it freely as an adverse term in totally the wrong context.

Glad to see you finally looked up the word paragraph, as you are allowed to use them on here.

Two disasters in two days for the fake club. These things normally happen in three's!

Is your hatred of Rangers religious based ?

Just wondered, I don't like them or Celtic much myself, but you seem to have special animosity for Rangers that I have only ever encountered from people of extreme religious hate groups before.

Is your hatred of Rangers religious based ?

Just wondered, I don't like them or Celtic much myself, but you seem to have special animosity for Rangers that I have only ever encountered from people of extreme religious hate groups before.

No time for religion myself, the world would be a much better place without it in my opinion but that's another story.

I just don't like the fact they cheated everyone and then try to claim they are the same club when that club is defunct. This is karma coming home for them.

The bill was being rushed through in the 'wash up' before the General Election, or else it would have had to start again from scratch in the new parliament. Most of the bill went through but some parts were dropped because they required further parliamentary scrutiny.

No time for religion myself, the world would be a much better place without it in my opinion but that's another story.

I just don't like the fact they cheated everyone and then try to claim they are the same club when that club is defunct. This is karma coming home for them.

Fair enough.

As I said, not fond of either of the 2 big clubs in Scotland but only in terms of supporting relative underdogs and liking the Dundees and Aberdeens and Hibs, Hearts etc to do well against them.

Fair enough.

As I said, not fond of either of the 2 big clubs in Scotland but only in terms of supporting relative underdogs and liking the Dundees and Aberdeens and Hibs, Hearts etc to do well against them.

Aberdeen and Hibs create great atmospheres for big games although nowt beats Celtic Park when that place is rocking. If anyone gets the chance it's a must do once in your life.

A bit deep ?

No, a bit bonkers perhaps, a post that is so convoluted and paranoid that it can't possibly be taken seriously. You don't understand what Marxist means either, perhaps a little reading on the subject might help, as your posts use it freely as an adverse term in totally the wrong context.

Glad to see you finally looked up the word paragraph, as you are allowed to use them on here.

Are you going to provide your alternative explanation of why your Marxist heroes voted against tax investigation measures designed to reduce tax avoidance and tax evasion and increase tax revenue? Can you present positive arguments as well as criticism?

Are you going to provide your alternative explanation of why your Marxist heroes voted against tax investigation measures designed to reduce tax avoidance and tax evasion and increase tax revenue? Can you present positive arguments as well as criticism?

You make no sense, names, dates, votes- wherem, when ? Eviudence of the fact whoever you are alluding to is Marxist? And if they are what difference does it make to tis situation? Your post is just name-calling with no substance.

You make no sense, names, dates, votes- wherem, when ? Eviudence of the fact whoever you are alluding to is Marxist? And if they are what difference does it make to tis situation? Your post is just name-calling with no substance.

My original post pointed to a significant parliamentary act that is of fundamental assistance in following up bungs and tax evasion schemes in football in conjunction with the case law created here. So the discussion extended to why the act isn't even more effective and another poster pointed to the Labour Party whose leader and shadow chancellor are Marxists.

Archived