onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

General Election 2017 pt 3 - Winners and losers

Aussie Rules

Brown was responsible for the largest-ever reduction in pensioner poverty and the removal of nearly 1 million children from poverty. He was also praised internationally for his handling of the global financial crisis so I guess he wouldn't really give a flying fork what someone on a football message board thinks about him.

He also personally stole ************ pension, so that's another positive.

Especially when that someone has the political understanding of a dead gnat.

Advert

Worse than Ian Duncan Smith? I dont think so.

The Conservatives had a parade of freaks and losers for leaders before Cameron, who turned out to be the worst when he got some power, but God help us if

William 'clean living' Hague

http://aangirfan.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/william-hague-sex-scandals.html

Ianin Duncan Smith

or worst of all Michael 'something of the night' Howard

had won an election. Cameron kept under leash by the Lib Dems was not as bad as he might have been, but as soon as he won the 2015 election, he was a disaster - not least for his gutless capitulation to Farage and UKIP on the referendum, appeasement of the cowardliest kind.

Brown was responsible for the largest-ever reduction in pensioner poverty and the removal of nearly 1 million children from poverty. He was also praised internationally for his handling of the global financial crisis so I guess he wouldn't really give a flying fork what someone on a football message board thinks about him.

He also personally stole ************ pension, so that's another positive.

Wasn't Alastair Darling Chancellor during the financial crisis? So surely it was his handling of the financial crisis that deserves the praise and not Gordon Brown? Given that the removal of 1 million from poverty happened while Tony Blair was PM.

Gordon Brown as Chancellor was also responsible for the removal of the 10p tax rate and the failure to support over 1 million low paid workers who lost out as a result of the changes. It was only when Alastair Darling entered number 11 that a package was put in place to quell the anger.

Maybe if Gordon Brown hadn't spent so long trying to work out how to unseat Tony Blair, he could have focused more on his job and avoided mistakes like that.

People like you and your kind never ever say why though, just glib dirt chucking without any backing information or even a stab at informed opinion.

Care to back up with some facts ?

PFI was introduced in 1992 by John Major but it was used sparingly.Blair and Brown gave contracts out like there was no tomorrow.Andy 'value for money' Burnham signed off over 200 contracts then when in opposition said they weren't value for money.Jez 'OUR responsibility for the mess Brown and Blair put us in with PFI'.

Brown ,the killer of final salary pensions- undisputed.

Brown was like a child in a sweet shop with everyone else's money and the taxpayer is still paying for it.And people moan about hospitals closing etc.Ask the 'man' who caused deficits in hospital budgets and pension funds.****.

Gordon Brown set us up for the global crash with his total inept decisions when chancellor.

Here's a list of some of his gaffes, you could argue with some of them but there are more than just these 10.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=731886

The selling of the Gold sticks out for me, I remember it at the time, everyone was saying why?, gold price as at an all time low, was predicted to go up and was a safe investment to keep but he had to sell because he'd borrowed so much from everywhere else.

Brown screwed our economy and Blair let him. Brown later stabbed Blair in the back to get his job.

Gordon Brown set us up for the global crash with his total inept decisions when chancellor.

Here's a list of some of his gaffes, you could argue with some of them but there are more than just these 10.

https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/topic.asp?t=731886

The selling of the Gold sticks out for me, I remember it at the time, everyone was saying why?, gold price as at an all time low, was predicted to go up and was a safe investment to keep but he had to sell because he'd borrowed so much from everywhere else.

Brown screwed our economy and Blair let him. Brown later stabbed Blair in the back to get his job.

You mean the US banking crash when Redwood complained British banks were too tightly governed, luckily they were. The last Chancellor to bring VAT down to 15%, unlike the one sitting in the ES chair still pulling the strings.

Reducing VAT was a failure, that's why it didn't last long.

The banks were not regulated tough enough, I used to work in that sector during the 90s (IFA) and trust me they got away with so much, we were monitored and had to account for everything and I am still accountable for everything I sold back then yet the banks were selling policies and screwing people over knowingly. You only have to look at PPI, I wasn't able to sell it as it wasn't a policy fit for purpose in 99% of cases.

Basically we let the banks do what they wanted to do and we all paid the price, but the Government at the time shouldn't have borrowed so much and put ourselves to their mercy. The recession hit the States hard but they recovered a lot quicker than we did.

Archived