onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Saudi Arabia National Team refuse to do a minutes silence

Advert

I have no idea why western leaders aren't more keen to get out of the pockets of oil companies, be less reliant on dictatorships, and push harder for greener, self sufficient energy. I know oil is used for other things, but it would have a huge impact. The hypocrisy of western leaders over Saudi Arabia is ridiculous.

I have no idea why western leaders aren't more keen to get out of the pockets of oil companies, be less reliant on dictatorships, and push harder for greener, self sufficient energy. I know oil is used for other things, but it would have a huge impact. The hypocrisy of western leaders over Saudi Arabia is ridiculous.

Could it be that it is easier and more certain to keep a dictatorial royal family in power with no chance of a change of regime and no elections - perfect for splitting the spoils of oil as the people starve and nearby countries get bombed.

Pity it went wrong when they wanted to terrorise us as well though.

Disresect Islam and there's hell to pay, the followers of Islam disrespect at will in the English speaking world with impunity.

"FIFA said it will not be taking any disciplinary action against the Saudi team", just typical.

Yes but try wearing a poppy and they're on you like a ton of bricks.

Disresect Islam and there's hell to pay, the followers of Islam disrespect at will in the English speaking world with impunity.

"FIFA said it will not be taking any disciplinary action against the Saudi team", just typical.

Yet when we wore Poppies we get fined. FIFA are a bunch of *******.

Sorry, just seen another posting on it.

Could it be that it is easier and more certain to keep a dictatorial royal family in power with no chance of a change of regime and no elections - perfect for splitting the spoils of oil as the people starve and nearby countries get bombed.

Pity it went wrong when they wanted to terrorise us as well though.

To be honest, if Saudi Arabia was left without protection, it would end up like Syria I'd expect.

Exactly, EV. I blame Moses - if he'd turned right instead of left when he crossed the Red Sea the Iraelis would have the oil and the Saudis would have the oranges!

If ever they play the English football team they will most definitely get RASPBERRIES!

Protection from who?

They are the wealthiest country in the Middle East and fund most the terrorist groups.

Maybe I haven't kept up with things. I thought that the USA stationed soldiers on Saudi soil. Isn't that one the justifications bin laden gave for 9/11? I always believed USA stabilised their regimes position?

Maybe I haven't kept up with things. I thought that the USA stationed soldiers on Saudi soil. Isn't that one the justifications bin laden gave for 9/11? I always believed USA stabilised their regimes position?

They were only stationed there during the gulf war so no justification from Bin Laden and they withdrew them in 2003.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_withdrawal_from_Saudi_Arabia

Ourselves and the US are scared to get on the wrong side of the Saudis as a) they pump a lot of money and oil in to both of us and b) if we got on the wrong side of us all hell could start as all the Middle East countries would side with them plus they fuel a lot of terrorist groups including ISIS.

Boris Johnson got it spot on with his comments about Saudi Arabia much to the embarrassment of the government.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/dec/09/boris-johnson-refuses-to-apologise-for-saudi-arabia-comments

They were only stationed there during the gulf war so no justification from Bin Laden and they withdrew them in 2003.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_withdrawal_from_Saudi_Arabia

Ourselves and the US are scared to get on the wrong side of the Saudis as a) they pump a lot of money and oil in to both of us and b) if we got on the wrong side of us all hell could start as all the Middle East countries would side with them plus they fuel a lot of terrorist groups including ISIS.

Boris Johnson got it spot on with his comments about Saudi Arabia much to the embarrassment of the government.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/dec/09/boris-johnson-refuses-to-apologise-for-saudi-arabia-comments

I must be misremembering (or misunderstanding!) something I read years ago then.

Archived