onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Deakin

CAVALIER

Advert

Tone, we were told by Deakin that Bratt would be going "as soon as the Blue Sky investment was signed" and he had a letter from Bratt to confirm that. Matt Sandos quizzed Lloyd on this very point and asked why Bratt had not gone, Lloyd could not give a straight answer and showed the signs of a man who was lying. We were also told a blue sky rep would be replacing Bratt on the board so why does Deakin have to?

So no suspected evil or hidden agenda theory, just going off what has been said and been in the media.

It should be patently obvious to all, by now, that we need to have a replacement for Bratt before he can be removed as a director. And any new directors have to pass the "fit and proper persons" test. I would imagine that process has been taking place.

What exactly is the problem with a new director who is prepared to invest 100k of his own money?

what an amazing three months cash every where

1) adams buying 50k worth of shares - did he

2)Blue sky pumping 5m in the first 12 months - will they

3)deakin buying 100k new shares - will he

trust............

did jackson ever buy the other 200k worth of shares............erm i feel a pattern developing

It should be patently obvious to all, by now, that we need to have a replacement for Bratt before he can be removed as a director. And any new directors have to pass the "fit and proper persons" test. I would imagine that process has been taking place.

What exactly is the problem with a new director who is prepared to invest 100k of his own money?

The problem is suspicious minds.

One month ago Deakin stated that he was not considering to be a director and that in any case he didn't meet the conditions of the articles, presumably the £50K investment.

Now in one month, he finds £100K and wants to become a director citing that it will facilitate the removal of Bill Bratt from office, where previously we were told that Bratt would resign as a condition of the new investment, which in my view indicates a replacement director from Blue Sky.

On the official site, Deakin refers to the Blue Sky investment in the past tense. So why hasn't Bill Bratt resigned?

If this is all about the removal of Bill Bratt from office then state it on the official site. Open, honest and transparent, gaining the trust of the sceptics.

One month ago Deakin stated that he was not considering to be a director and that in any case he didn't meet the conditions of the articles, presumably the £50K investment.

Now in one month, he finds £100K and wants to become a director citing that it will facilitate the removal of Bill Bratt from office, where previously we were told that Bratt would resign as a condition of the new investment, which in my view indicates a replacement director from Blue Sky.

On the official site, Deakin refers to the Blue Sky investment in the past tense. So why hasn't Bill Bratt resigned?

If this is all about the removal of Bill Bratt from office then state it on the official site. Open, honest and transparent, gaining the trust of the sceptics.

truth, honesty

there is more chance of me running the london marathon than BS investing 5million in the next 12 months, or ever for that matter

Where/when exactly did he say that? Now if it were proven then all it takes is for someone to politely ask why the change of circumstances.

The problem is people have short memories.

The club tell us one thing, then don't go through with it and most of our supporters forget and live in constant hope that everything will be fine.

The majority of our supporters are either apathetic or thick.... Or possibly both.

These were Deakin's exact words to the people attending the BGWMC meeting one month ago. Go to PVO videos, part 7.

At this stage I have no plans to be a director. However, in the future I may well apply to the shareholders to be voted onto the board. That may happen but the one thing's for certain is that I'll have to fill the criteria of the articles before I can do that and at this stage.. I don't and so, as we sit here today there's no intention for me to join the board of directors.

So what has changed his mind in one month?

To mention that it may happen in the future gets my suspicious mind thinking that in fact this was always his intention.

The plan was for Nigel Meakin to join the board to keep the numbers up. Blue Sky goes through, Bratt stands down.

Instead, Meakin refusing to join the board (due to Lloyd and Deakin's treatment of Mark Sims) has thrown a spanner in the works. If Bratt resigned today the board would not be quorate again. The club needs to find someone else to make up the numbers in the boardroom.

The plan was for Nigel Meakin to join the board to keep the numbers up. Blue Sky goes through, Bratt stands down.

Instead, Meakin refusing to join the board (due to Lloyd and Deakin's treatment of Mark Sims) has thrown a spanner in the works. If Bratt resigned today the board would not be quorate again. The club needs to find someone else to make up the numbers in the boardroom.

Fine. So why not state that officially? Open, honest and transparent. Is it too difficult for them to tell it as it is? Or do we go through the rest of our Vale supporting lives listening to and reading double talk and half truths?

Guest thecharlatans
These were Deakin's exact words to the people attending the BGWMC meeting one month ago. Go to PVO videos, part 7.

So what has changed his mind in one month?

To mention that it may happen in the future gets my suspicious mind thinking that in fact this was always his intention.

id like to think it wasn't a decision he made over night. the bluesky deal has made his mind up for him as he obviously sees it as a good deal for the club and one that we will all profit from. Of course, you lot just want to say 'i told you so' but the club benefiting from any deal won't allow you to say this.

for those that want good things for Port Vale, this looks a positive move

In all fairness, many companies pay people on their board of directors.

Just to clarify, I'm fully aware of that, I was not saying no companies do it I said I dislike the idea. I also stated that if it was managed properly it wouldn't be an issue...i.e. if decisions affecting an individual personally, arise, that person should declare an interest and refrain from the decision making process. I wouldn't exactly call it best practice, would you?

id like to think it wasn't a decision he made over night. the bluesky deal has made his mind up for him as he obviously sees it as a good deal for the club and one that we will all profit from. Of course, you lot just want to say 'i told you so' but the club benefiting from any deal won't allow you to say this.

for those that want good things for Port Vale, this looks a positive move

If it's such a good deal for the club then why is so much detail about it still being waited for?

Archived