onevalefan.co.uk Present Past Specials About Forum
onevalefan.co.uk forum

Advert

Advert

Longport train station to be a hindu temple

darren1810

Advert

No issue with the principle of this but the practicalities? It's a 'dead end' street isn't it with I seem to recall little in the way of parking. Hope it works out and goes some way to preserving the building..used to use Longport station a lot back in the day so would be good to see the building continue to be used.

It is a pity that a wider use has not been found for it.. but if the choice is between it not being used at all and being used as a "Hindu temple" it's a no brainer for me.

Used to enjoy the occasional pre train pint in The Railway next door

"Mum-of-four Sarah Heath doesn't think the station is the right location for a Hindu temple.

The 28-year-old, of Station Street, said: "I don't want it. The volume of people will increase and for someone like myself, the idea of having to push through the crowd with three young children in an afternoon is not something I would welcome. We already have a lot of traffic down here with the businesses. There is so much noise already too.If we could come to an agreement to also use it as a community centre that would be very good."

Surely if it were a generally available Community Centre it would be used by even more people so more traffic, more noise etc?

Wasn't there a "Football special" to Wolves when we played them in our first season back in this league? I know Virgin laid on a couple of special trains for Preston fans going down to Fulham last weekend too, as it was their big annual day out.

As an aside, surely Longport station can't be financially sustainable as a station? I appreciate that isn't the only consideration.

Wasn't there a "Football special" to Wolves when we played them in our first season back in this league? I know Virgin laid on a couple of special trains for Preston fans going down to Fulham last weekend too, as it was their big annual day out.

As an aside, surely Longport station can't be financially sustainable as a station? I appreciate that isn't the only consideration.

They were probably "dry" trains with compulsory singing along to Tom Hark on the way.

Old-skool specials were far more unregulated.

The platforms are still in use and trains still stop there, but generally only two an hour to Derby and Crewe. I would think this will still continue; the buildings though haven't seen use for many years, and are listed so changes will be restricted mainly to internals.

We shouldn't be letting in folk fleeing one of the most brutal civil wars in history though, JA. They are all here to take our jobs, women, beer...

and beefburgers... oh, wait a minute, maybe not.

and as for Mrs U Kipper of 43,Fascist Lane complaining about the noise, she should be pleased as Hindu's treat cattle as sacred so she will be revered and treated well.

Wouldn't bother mentioned anything to Smeeth, isn't worth the paper.

Ruth is a lovely, friendly hard-working and dedicated person who does a great job despite having some difficult and scabby people to deal with, although she will confirm that the majority of her constituents are not like that.

Archived